Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,719 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Does One Need To Be A Christian Or Have A Religion In Order To Succeed In Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does One Need To Be A Christian Or Have A Religion In Order To Succeed In Life? (464 Views)

Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri / Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World / It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does One Need To Be A Christian Or Have A Religion In Order To Succeed In Life? by exlink10(m): 7:20am On Apr 28, 2019
It is indeed quiet difficult to differentiate life, religion, and success this days. This is because an average Christian or even Muslim tend to attribute success to their religion. Hence the question, does success depend on religion or lack of it?

First of all, we would first need to define success as this is different things for different people. If a religious person is successful in his/her quest for seeking and connecting with god(s) then obviously a non religious person isn’t successful at all as they simply don’t have such a goal.

Religion is a personal thing and it should be kept that way. If you are defining money and career and all that stuff then there’s no way to get the right stats. People at some point will point to a higher power and attribute to their success to that and at some point will point out the hard work they have done. When there’s no explanation, a religious person will say god and a person like me would say there’s no explanation.

Again, if success for you is measured by how wealthy you are, then no not every religious man is successful.Success means achieving goals, so the goal of every religious man is why they are religious in the first place, they want to go to heaven. In order to enter the heaven you must obey the owner of the heaven, which happens to be the owner of everything, and this life is just a test on how well you will obey him, and he will tell you the results after your death.

So for religious people their goal is to obey the one who created everything, and the results will be known after death, so after a certain threshold no one really knows if he has succeeded or not, but we pray that we succeed and Allah or Christ is the most generous and the most forgiving.

For me, I don’t think religion or lack of it makes people successful. Hard work, perseverance and grit surely contribute towards success, whatever the goal may be. It is up to people to decide if it was their god or their choices that led to their success.

What do you think?

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2019/04/does-one-need-to-be-christian-or-have.html?m=1

Re: Does One Need To Be A Christian Or Have A Religion In Order To Succeed In Life? by Joshmodest(m): 7:23am On Apr 28, 2019
Success and religion has nothing in common ....a hardworking man who is not religious will succeed beyond your imagination , and a lazy religious fellow will forever remain poor ......
I can mention endless list of names of Atheist who became successful in life , despite thier belief .....
Now i know my explanation of success has been financially....just as you said success is relative , even some billionaires you see today don't feel successful, if some of thier life goals haven't been achieved !
And if a religious person success is , connecting with gods or God ....to them a non religious person is unsuccessful..amd if the success of a non religious fellow's success is in disconnecting from gods and living the way he/she feels is right , then the religious fellow's are perceived to be foolish , and highly unsuccessful to them as well ....so in any case it's relative to everyone...
They have this scripture they do quote , saying - what shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his own soul...and the non religious fellow's look at it as - what shall it profit a man , to give out all his money ,time and dedication to make a kingdom they are not even sure of its existence !!!!
At the end of the day success has no business , with religion....it all depends on everyone's definition of success...I could think I'm successful and for some reason you think I'm not , at the end of the day it's my success and not anyone's !!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does One Need To Be A Christian Or Have A Religion In Order To Succeed In Life? by Oluromantic: 7:28am On Apr 28, 2019
Joshmodest:
Success and religion has nothing in common ....a hardworking man who is not religious will succeed beyond your imagination , and a lazy religious fellow will forever remain poor ......
At the end of the day success has no business , with religion....it all depends on everyone's definition of success...I could think I'm successful and for some reason you think I'm not , at the end of the day it's my success and not anyone's !!!
Tallesty1:
Things you need to succeed in life.
1. Good decision taking skills.

2. Good managerial skills.

3. Right attitude.

4. Good character

5. Persistence.

6. Discipline

7. Zeal to succeed
And HONESTY is you're not in Nigeria
My brother go to Alaba international and go and depend on right attitude, you will beg for food lastlast. Apart from doing juju to sell better than thier contemporaries, they also do the one that will make their contemporaries not rise at all. Why do you think ppl avoid business partner and do their business alone... You're depending on right attitude, ur partner has pounded 3 day old babies alive, slept in casket for days, sacrificed his own mother, mentioning n your name at an evil altar after offering sacrifices of human blood.

Joshmodest is talking about aethists in countries that have well-planned economy... Hardwork n qualification has failed many in Nigeria. A person is doing well, suddenly he heard his name called from sleep in d middle of the night and vomitted blood to death. Where were the hardwork and right attitude to rescue him? You know how many women consulted babalawo in search of a children or male child? You come from a polygamous home where there's heavy juju contest between the mothers and you're depending on right attitude.

Im not saying good attitude and hardwork is bad but if it ends there then why are ppl doing all these terrible traditional religious rites to succeed, and u said no need for religious belief for success. I know ur mindset is to attack churchgoers but if some ppl belief so much in juju god, why must ridicule a person who believes in God almighty

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does One Need To Be A Christian Or Have A Religion In Order To Succeed In Life? by Tallesty1(m): 7:40am On Apr 28, 2019
Things you need to succeed in life.

1. Good decision taking skills.

2. Good managerial skills.

3. Right attitude.

4. Good character

5. Persistence.

6. Discipline

7. Zeal to succeed

And HONESTY is you're not in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Does One Need To Be A Christian Or Have A Religion In Order To Succeed In Life? by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 28, 2019
It's well.
Re: Does One Need To Be A Christian Or Have A Religion In Order To Succeed In Life? by Bacteriologist(m): 9:41am On Apr 28, 2019
No. If Prayer + Hardwork = Success.

And Hardwork = Success.

Then prayer = Zero.

Therefore prayer is useless.

Re: Does One Need To Be A Christian Or Have A Religion In Order To Succeed In Life? by exlink10(m): 10:10am On Apr 28, 2019
Mynd44
lalasticlala
missyb3

(1) (Reply)

Is Satan More Powerful than God! / Pastor Physically Wrestling With Members During Deliverance Session / High-ranked Powerful Ogboni Man Came To The Lord's CHOSEN And This Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.