Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,517 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says (18980 Views)

How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism / Muslim Man And His Catholic Wife Bless Their Marriage In Church After 37 Years / "Millions Of Muslims In Nigeria Are Coming To Jesus" - Man Says (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by goldcoinhub: 10:31am On May 22, 2019
A Nigerian man while decrying the rate of hypocrisy among religious people, has said it’s better to be a Nigerian Atheist than become a Nigerian Christian or Muslim.

The man identified as Michael Nwanator on Facebook wrote that while Nigeria is recognized as the most religious country in the world, it is also the poverty capital of the world and he wonders what the benefit of religion is to the people of the country.

Read his full post:

I think it’s better to be an Atheist than to be an average Nigerian Christian and Muslim.

Nigeria is the most religious nation in the world and the poverty capital of the world. Over 91 million are living below poverty line. Over 91 million people are EXTREMELY POOR. The number keep increasing everyday.

Nigeria is attributed to anything bad in the international community.

Less religious countries prosper than us. To me, Nigeria is 1,000 years behind China �� and Japan ��.

If religion can’t make us live a moral upright life, what use is the religion?

What do they teach in religious gatherings in Nigeria ��?

I don’t think there’s any Atheist holding a top government position in the country��. On Friday and Sunday, you will see them in their various religious places, but why are we in this mess?

I need answers.

Singing Hypocrite by Falz

https://lailasnews.com/its-better-to-be-an-atheist-than-a-nigerian-christian-or-muslim-man-says/

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Uyi168: 10:35am On May 22, 2019
Christianity, a religion of love..
Islam, a religion of peace..
Yet, we neither feel the love nor the peace..
embarassed

212 Likes 22 Shares

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by falcon01: 10:42am On May 22, 2019
Thats why when I see white man making Racist comment, it hurts me but deep down they are right. we are bunch of useless baboons !

122 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Davash222(m): 10:44am On May 22, 2019
I'm a Nigerian Christian.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nwodosis(m): 10:49am On May 22, 2019
The man is far from the truth

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by CAPSLOCKED: 10:49am On May 22, 2019
Uyi168:
embarassed

I WAS ONCE DITCHED BECAUSE I DIDN'T "BELIEVE IN ANYTHING".
IN HER WORDS, IT'S BETTER FOR ME TO BELIEVE IN SOMETHING AT LEAST, THAN FOR ME TO JUST STAY LIKE THAT.

SO I ASKED WOULD YOU PREFER I WERE A BELIEVER, A MUSLIM, THAT BELIEVES ALLAH DEMANDS THE DEATH OF INFIDELS LIKE YOU CHRISTIANS... INSTEAD OF MY CURRENT STATE OF BELIEVING THAT PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE, LOVE AND BE HAPPY?
SHE SAID YES, THAT AS LONG AS I BELIEVE IN "SOMETHING" NO MATTER WHAT IT IS, IT IS BETTER THAN BELIEVING IN NOTHING.

THIS GIRL AND MANY OTHER CHRISTIANS THAT HAVE SAID THE SAME THING TO ME IMPLY THAT TERRORIST MUSLIMS WHO BOMB THE WORLD MAKING IT UNLIVABLE, ARE BETTER THAN ME WHO CAN'T EVEN KILL A CHICKEN.

I THINK THAT WAS THE POINT I GAVE UP ON BELIEVERS ENTIRELY.

171 Likes 22 Shares

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by OtemAtum: 10:55am On May 22, 2019
Now see how Christianity and Islam is driving people to Atheism because of their lifestyle. I wonder how many people Jesusjnr and Originalkalokalo would have driven to atheism, not to talk of Annyplenty grin

I guess their illogical answers to questions thrown at them is what is giving people the exit from religion. Jesusjnr and co. Wehdon Sirs. We are still watching you.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nobody: 11:00am On May 22, 2019
Of course there's the abuse and misapplication of religion, in the sense of belief in God, but there are also instance where it was applied correctly, and one is the world super power, and it's not China or Japan, but the USA.

There are others but just I just want that instance to supercede any other example that is brought forward to suggest otherwise, for America is distinguished from the rest nations, because of the foundation of true religion.

So that should shut that argument down once and for all except one has a better nation than that whose allegiance says "one nation under God" and in the currencies is conspicuously inscribed "In God We Trust".

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by LuciferQuran: 11:22am On May 22, 2019
goldcoinhub:
To me, [s]Nigeria is 1,000 years behind China �� and Japan[/s] ��.
3,000 years ago the Art of War was written in China.
Between 200 - 600 AD, China invented the compass & gunpowder.

The Japanese were already building castles in the 16th century.

Nah.
Nigeria is at least 10,000 years behind China & Japan thanks to religion.

*spits angry

113 Likes 8 Shares

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by LuciferQuran: 11:26am On May 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
[s]Of course there's the abuse and misapplication of religion, in the sense of belief in God, but there are also instance where it is applied correctly, and one is the world super power, and it's not China or Japan, but the USA.

There are others but just I just want that instance to supercede any other example that is brought forward to suggest otherwise, for America is distinguished from the rest nations, because of the foundation of true religion.

So that should shut that argument down once and for all except one has a better nation than that whose allegiance says "one nation under God" and in the currencies is conspicuously inscribed "In God We Trust".[/s]
Did you just say the USA is "the foundation of true religion"? shocked shocked

[img]https://media1./images/8bf049b704fd0a0e26fb46c5b13ffc39/tenor.gif?itemid=13429801[/img]

I'm done.

*spits angry

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nobody: 11:36am On May 22, 2019
LuciferQuran:

Did you just say the USA is "the foundation of true religion"? shocked shocked

[img]https://media1./images/8bf049b704fd0a0e26fb46c5b13ffc39/tenor.gif?itemid=13429801[/img]

I'm done.

*spits angry
Yeah right!

Even just to quote me correctly, which ought to be the simplest thing, you have to misquote me(Lie).

It seems my quote has killed any argument you could possibly have against belief in God, with respect to nation building, for if not mention any nation on Earth that matches the USA which was founded upon the principles of true religion.

#inGodwetrust

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by LuciferQuran: 11:48am On May 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
Yeah right!
Even just to quote me correctly, which ought to be the simplest thing, you have to misquote me(Lie).
It seems my quote has killed any argument you could possibly have against belief in God, with respect to nation building, for if not mention any nation on Earth that matches the USA which was founded upon the principles of true religion.

Your ignorance is irritating and I will remain on this thread until I disgrace you like I did to pocohantas and alBHAGDADI.

The US was formed in 1776, after a war between the initial thirteen colonies and Britain when the British colonists were upset over changes in British policies. On July 4, 1776, rebel leaders made the United States Declaration of Independence. They won the Revolutionary War and started a new country.
https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_United_States

The United States of America was founded on the following principles; Individual Liberty, Federalism, Limited Government, Representative Government, Private Property, “All Men Are Created Equal” and Separation of Powers/Checks and Balances

Here is a link on the full founding principles and documents of the United States of America.
https://billofrightsinstitute.org/founding-documents/founding-principles/

I did not find religion there.

Can you show us where you saw United States of America being founded on religion?

I'll wait... smiley

109 Likes 8 Shares

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:38pm On May 22, 2019
Uyi168:
embarassed
I swear down cheesy
Nigerians are very religious yet we do not love ourselves or give ourselves peace.
One then wonders if some of these religious folks practice what they preach or act on what they read in their holybooks grin

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Shepherd00: 12:55pm On May 22, 2019
falcon01:
Thats why when I see white man making Racist comment, it hurts me but deep down they are right. we are bunch of useless baboons !
I think you meant to say 'You and your generation are a bunch of useless baboons'

14 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by alBHAGDADI: 1:36pm On May 22, 2019
The question is, what was Nigeria like before Christianity? The land called Nigeria today was worse than the shitthole it is today. It was full of backwardness, total illiteracy, poor health structure, darkness etc. Then came Christianity which allows for freedom, things started changing. We started seeing schools owned by missionaries springing up left and right. Hospital with quality medicine etc. People are not angry at those good things, but when it comes to Christianity, they kick with anger.

Is it Christianity that looted your Commonwealth? Is it Christianity that fashions quota system? Is it Christianity that failed to build roads?

America has Christianity there and the country is enjoying. They are enjoying because they at one time put God first. What we ought to say is that we are suffering because we failed to obey God's word and put him first.

Don't blame Christianity, blame mankind.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by OkCornel(m): 1:49pm On May 22, 2019
Only if some people read this book;

How Europe Underdeveloped Africa by Walter Rodney... they won't rush to the hasty conclusion that Nigeria was worse off in the pre-colonial era than it is today.

For example, the beauty, glory and advancement of the Bini empire left Dutch explorers dumbfounded in the 1600s...

They wondered how those people were adept at bronze work (of which artifacts which still remain intact in British museums). How these people were so organized and neat!

The first European travelers to reach Benin were Portuguese explorers starting with Joao Afonso de Aveiro [pt] in about 1485. A strong mercantile relationship developed, with the Edo trading slaves and tropical products such as ivory, pepper and palm oil for European goods such as Manilla (money) and guns. In the early 16th century, the Oba sent an ambassador to Lisbon, and the king of Portugal sent Christian missionaries to Benin City. Some residents of Benin City could still speak a pidgin Portuguese in the late 19th century.

The first English expedition to Benin was in 1553, and significant trading developed between England and Benin based on the export of ivory, palm oil, pepper, and slaves. Visitors in the 16th and 19th centuries brought back to Europe tales of "Great Benin", a fabulous city of noble buildings, ruled over by a powerful king. However, the Oba began to suspect Britain of larger colonial designs and ceased communications with the British until the British Expedition in 1896-97 when British troops captured, burned, and looted Benin City as part of a punitive mission, which brought the kingdom to an end

A 17th-century Dutch engraving from Olfert Dapper's Nauwkeurige Beschrijvinge der Afrikaansche Gewesten, published in Amsterdam in 1668 says:

The king's palace or court is a square, and is as large as the town of Haarlem (in Netherlands) and entirely surrounded by a special wall, like that which encircles the town. It is divided into many magnificent palaces, houses, and apartments of the courtiers, and comprises beautiful and long square galleries, about as large as the Exchange at Amsterdam, but one larger than another, resting on wooden pillars, from top to bottom covered with cast copper, on which are engraved the pictures of their war exploits and battles...

Another Dutch traveler was David van Nyendael, who in 1699 wrote an eye-witness account.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Benin

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT HOLDING FORTE FOR ATHEISM THOUGH

Nigerians have confused religion (a mixture of truth, lies and errors) for Spirituality and Truth.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by kaen1317: 1:55pm On May 22, 2019
100% true.

1 Like

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Lincoln275(m): 1:56pm On May 22, 2019
He might not be far from the truth oooo

4 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by T0MMY: 1:56pm On May 22, 2019
Being an atheist in Nigeria doesn't cut it. So much spiritual problems, you'd end up running back to either Islam or Christianity.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Pavore9: 1:56pm On May 22, 2019
The irrationality that has reigned supreme over religion in Nigeria is baffling.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Proffdada: 1:56pm On May 22, 2019
Hopelessness grin

3 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by chiedu7: 1:57pm On May 22, 2019
There is nothing like Nigerian Christian.

You are either Christian or not.

As for the most peaceful religion on earth, you don't need special gift to know that it can't help anybody.

1 Like

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 22, 2019
What if u are not any sef. Will u die? Just be your self and be good to people and love

6 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by tollyboy5(m): 1:58pm On May 22, 2019
sincere truth

3 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Cheeryfeet: 1:58pm On May 22, 2019
All she is saying is to make up your mind and stand for something than to be spineless and sit on the fence
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by helinues: 1:58pm On May 22, 2019
1000% correct

2 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by daywatcher: 1:59pm On May 22, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

I WAS ONCE DITCHED BECAUSE I DIDN'T "BELIEVE IN ANYTHING".
IN HER WORDS, IT'S BETTER FOR ME TO BELIEVE IN SOMETHING AT LEAST, THAN FOR ME TO JUST STAY LIKE THAT.

SO I ASKED WOULD YOU PREFER I WERE A BELIEVER, A MUSLIM, THAT BELIEVES ALLAH DEMANDS THE DEATH OF INFIDELS LIKE YOU CHRISTIANS... INSTEAD OF MY CURRENT STATE OF BELIEVING THAT PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE, LOVE AND BE HAPPY?
SHE SAID YES. I THINK THAT WAS THE POINT I GAVE UP ON BELIEVERS ENTIRELY.

You are not alone.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by WIZGUY69(m): 1:59pm On May 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
Of course there's the abuse and misapplication of religion, in the sense of belief in God, but there are also instance where it is applied correctly, and one is the world super power, and it's not China or Japan, but the USA.

So that should shut that argument down once and for all except one has a better nation than that whose allegiance says "one nation under God" and in the currencies is conspicuously inscribed "In God We Trust".
You're not making any sense undecided

16 Likes

Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by moorevic(m): 1:59pm On May 22, 2019
How can we make Nigeria a better place to live
Re: It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 22, 2019
K

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia / What Exactly Is The Significance Of Crossover Night ? / Should I Only Pay Tithe In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.