Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) (15938 Views)

Pls Calculate My Fuel Consumption / Pls I Need Help My Fuel Clock Not Working Again / My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2019
What is consuming my Fuel (Gas).

Your spark plugs are responsible for sparking combustion in your engine. If they misfire, or are working poorly, this can affect your gasmileage in a negative way. Having bad fuelinjectors can cause bad mileage. This is because the fuel injectors are responsible for putting fuel into the engine.

This is brought to you by AYOOLA AUTOCARE SERVICE where we repair cars and diagnose not trial and error
Address 5, OSAGIE STREET New Oko Oba ABULE EGBA LAGOS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 5:26pm On May 01, 2019
AYOOLA AUTOCARE SERVICE Is in the right position to help you check and scan through a used car or tokunbo if you want to purchase one
Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by oluseg2: 5:45pm On May 01, 2019
Hello. Please what might be the possible causes of high fuel consumption in Volvo S60 turbo 2005 model.

I'm currently doing 16.7mpg highway and city combined and this is really discouraging.

I have got the car scanned but the only thing the technician did was to change the fuel pressure sensor despite the fact that the machine displayed error relating to "leakage" which I guess has to do with vaccum.

I have noticed the following which I need advice as to whether can be the reason for the high fuel consumption;

(1) Fuel gauge malfunctioning. Does not get close to maximum even when you fill the tank to the brim.
(2) Fractured/leaking vaccine hose underneath of the vehicle.

(3) Car does not start at first cranking. You will need to crank the engine 2nd time.
AYOOLAAUTOCARE1:

Your spark plugs are responsible for sparking combustion in your engine. If they misfire, or are working poorly, this can affect your gasmileage in a negative way. Having bad fuelinjectors can cause bad mileage. This is because the fuel injectors are responsible for putting fuel into the engine.

This is brought to you by AYOOLA AUTOCARE SERVICE where we repair cars and diagnose not trial and error

If this high fuel consumption issue can be resolved, I will be the happiest person.

Looking forward to your advice. Thanks
Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by oluseg2: 5:48pm On May 01, 2019
AYOOLAAUTOCARE1:

Hello house. Please what might be the possible causes of high fuel consumption in Volvo S60 turbo 2005 model.

I'm currently doing 16.7mpg highway and city combined and this is really discouraging.

I have got the car scanned but the only thing the technician did was to change the fuel pressure sensor despite the fact that the machine displayed error relating to "leakage" which I guess has to do with vaccum.

I have noticed the following which I need advice as to whether can be the reason for the high fuel consumption;

(1) Fuel gauge malfunctioning. Does not get close to maximum even when you fill the tank to the brim.
(3) Car does not start at first cranking. You will need to crank the engine 2nd time.

If this high fuel consumption issue can be resolved, I will be the happiest person.

Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 8:41pm On May 01, 2019
oluseg2:

Hello house. Please what might be the possible causes of high fuel consumption in Volvo S60 turbo 2005 model.

I have sent you a PM. I think you would have to get the car scanned and then rediagnosed again. If you wish to do this you can contact us through the number in our signature.
Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 9:22pm On May 08, 2019
Get your emergency car spanners for your cars, make your order now and we deliver at your door step, at a lower price @AYOOLA AUTOCARE SERVICE where we repair cars and diagnose not trial and error. Contact:08100266612,09083270330.

Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 9:23pm On May 08, 2019
Get your emergency car spanners for your cars, make your order now and we deliver at your door step, at a lower price @AYOOLA AUTOCARE SERVICE where we repair cars and diagnose not trial and error. Contact:08100266612,09083270330.

Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 7:38am On May 09, 2019
160 pieces tool kit, it's just #30,500, make your order now @AYOOLA AUTOCARE SERVICE.

Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 7:32pm On May 13, 2019
This is another useful combination of tools you really need, this is brought to you by AYOOLA AUTOCARE SERVICE where we repair cars and diagnose not trial and error. Contact us to make your order now. Contact:08100266612,09083270330
Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 11:36am On May 15, 2019
What is the function of this "SHIFT LOCK" let's learn together, this is brought to you by AYOOLA AUTOCARE SERVICE where we repair cars and diagnose not trial and error. Contact:08100266612,09083270330

Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 9:01am On May 17, 2019
WHAT IS OBD-II

What is an OBD-II Trouble Code? On-Board-Diagnostic (OBD) trouble codes are one way your vehicle communicates with a mechanic. Every car built since 1996 has an OBDcomputer system that monitors and identifies issues. ... When this system identifies an issue it turns on the check engine light and records an OBD code.

HOW TO READ CODES

To read the codes, you will have to plug a scan tool or code reader into the 16-pin OBD II diagnostic connector, which is usually located under the dash near the steering column. The tool will then display the code or codes that have turned on the Check Engine Light. Toread codes, you need the proper scan tool.

Address:5, GASPER OSAGIE STREET NEW OKO OBA ABULE EGBA LAGOS

We are also Mobile in case our workshop is too far for you, we will render home service. Good morning

Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by diportivo: 7:09pm On May 18, 2019
dem ask u question for up

u no answer

na so so mouth u just dey make upandan undecided

oya,what's the function of the button circled in blue?

na u post am grin

6 Likes

Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by dannybrasky(m): 7:44pm On May 18, 2019
This engineer sounds like our lexus brother grin
Are u thinking what I'm thinking grin

diportivo:

u no answer

na u post am grin
Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 7:11am On May 20, 2019
MASTER BRAKE CYLINDER

Over time, with constant use, the seals inside of the cylinder can wear out and form internal leaks. A bad brake master cylinder may result in a pedal that feels mushy, spongy, or that slowly sinks to the floor when depressed.

What causes a master cylinder to fail?

The most common problems that occur in the master cylinder is wear in the piston bore and piston seal failure. The classic symptom of a failing master cylinder is a brake pedal that slowly sinks while pressure is held against the pedal. The cure is to replace the master cylinder.

Email: Haryorolaolamilekan255@gmail.com
Good morning and have a nice day

1 Like

Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 7:51pm On May 25, 2019
Do you know your VIN?
Vehicle identification number(VIN) is the way we identify code for a particular vehicle. The VIN is a special code for vehicles which cannot be used or written for two existing vehicles. A VIN is written in form of 17 characters (digits and capital letters) that act as a unique identifier for the vehicle.

Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by diportivo: 9:45pm On May 25, 2019
undecided undecided
Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 2:54pm On May 29, 2019
POWER STEERING PUMP.

Power steering PUMP is also known as vane pump, this is a system which is driven by the movement of the crankshaft by the means of pulley rolling the belt on to equip the pump.
power steering make the steering to turn easily and the vehicle by augmenting steering effort of the steering wheel.

If you observe a whining noise while turning the wheel of your vehicle, it indicates something is actually wrong with your power steering system.
Firstly it could be a leak in the power steering pump or the fluid level could be low. If the power steering fluid level remains this way for too long it can damage the whole power steering system not to function again, by making the steering more hard.

This is brought to you by AYOOLA AUTOCARE SERVICE where we repair cars and diagnose not trial and error.
Address:5, GASPER OSAGIE STREET NEW OKO OBA ABULE EGBA LAGOS.
Email:Haryorolaolamilekan255@gmail.com

Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 7:37am On Jun 07, 2019
NOTE: A FLOODED CAR

Once the exhaust draws water into the air intake, you'll ruin your engine. The best thing is to avoid driving through water, especially if you're not sure how deep it is. If you or your neighbors have such a car and get in too deep, you will suck water into the air intake and will probably destroy your engine.

How to clear a flooded engine.

The first thing is for you to remove the spark plugs and leave them out to dry or wash with petrol or install new plugs.
Once you've done that or once you install new plugs, you need to start the engine in a special way called “clear flood mode”. On a fuel-injected engine, if you depress the gas pedal, usually past 80%, the fuel system goes into what's called clear-flood mode.

This is AYO-OLA AUTO-DIAGNOSTIC AND REPAIR where we repair cars and diagnose not trial and error
NOTE: we are mobile in case of our customers that complains about the distance, we render home service for your convenience. Good morning.

1 Like

Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 8:30am On Jun 14, 2019
CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR

A crank sensor is an electronic device used in an internal combustion engine, both petrol and diesel, to monitor the position or rotational speed of the crankshaft. This information is used by engine management systems to control the fuel injection or the ignition system timing and other engine parameters. 

How do you know if your crankshaft sensor is bad?

Crankshaft Position Sensor Symptoms

Acceleration Problems. As the engine speeds up, there needs to be adjustments to spark timing and fuel injection.

Reduced Gas Mileage.

Engine Misfires.

Rough Idling.

Stalling.

Difficult Starting or No Starting.

Check Engine Light.

Related Issues.

This is brought to you by AYO-OLA AUTO-DIAGNOSTIC AND REPAIR where we repair cars and diagnose not trial and error

Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by ImOptional: 3:30pm On Jun 15, 2019
AYOOLAAUTOCARE1:
POWER STEERING PUMP.

Power steering PUMP is also known as vane pump, this is a system which is driven by the movement of the crankshaft by the means of pulley rolling the belt on to equip the pump.
power steering make the steering to turn easily and the vehicle by augmenting steering effort of the steering wheel.

If you observe a whining noise while turning the wheel of your vehicle, it indicates something is actually wrong with your power steering system.
Firstly it could be a leak in the power steering pump or the fluid level could be low. If the power steering fluid level remains this way for too long it can damage the whole power steering system not to function again, by making the steering more hard.

This is brought to you by AYOOLA AUTOCARE SERVICE where we repair cars and diagnose not trial and error.
Address:5, GASPER OSAGIE STREET NEW OKO OBA ABULE EGBA LAGOS.
I have issues with my Toyota Sienna 2000 power steering, it’s hard and I was told it was the pipe that’s leaking that was fixed but I still see oil leakage after refilling several times the mechanic said the shaft is damaged so the oil is leaking from there so I need to change it, I need to know if truly is the shaft that is damaged or it could be something else
Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 9:43am On Jun 21, 2019
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SINGLE CELL AND DOBULE CELL RADIATOR

The main difference with a double panel convector(cell) radiator is that it can emit more heat, and quicker, than a single panel radiator.
More efficient still is the double panel double convector, with two rows of parallel convector fins.

What are the most efficient radiators?

The best cast iron radiators are very durable and offer excellent heat output which makes them ideal for putting anywhere. The best material for a modern radiator is aluminium. As we previously mentioned, Aluminium is better for heat transfer which makes Aluminium radiators incredibly efficient.

What is the best material for radiators?

Your major options are cast iron, mild steel,stainless steel or aluminium radiators. To help you pick the best radiator material for you, here's a look at the upsides and downsides of the three materials. Cast iron was one of the first materials used for radiators during Victorian times.

This is brought to you by AYO-OLA AUTO-DIAGNOSTIC AND REPAIR where we repair cars and diagnose not trial and error
Good morning, have a wonderful day.

Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 9:12am On Jun 27, 2019
This is the result when your oil pump is malfunctioning and, it's also giving you signs / symptoms but you seems to ignore it, remember its an internal injury which you can't see what's happening easily but you can feel it by the sounds, changing towards knocking gradually.

The main causes of this is when your oil pump is not supplying and you didn't notice your oil light on your dashboard being on, to indicate something is wrong internally.

Secondly is when the internal oil filter attracted to the oil pump is blocked by dirt / particles, it won't be active to absorb quantity of oil its programmed to consume, meaning the oil will not circulates round to its necessary positions.
NOTE: ALWAYS OBSERVE YOUR OIL LIGHT ON YOUR DASHBOARD.

This is AYO-OLA AUTO-DIAGNOSTIC AND REPAIR where we repair cars and diagnose not trial and error
Good morning, have a great day

Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by Lexusgs430: 11:04am On Jun 27, 2019
diportivo:

u no answer

na u post am grin

W = Wet
To avoid slips on wet road......
Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 8:29am On Jul 17, 2019
HEAD GASKET

The head gasket is compressed between theengine block and the cylinder head. The headgasket seals in the internal combustion process and also keeps coolant and oil from mixing together as the two fluids travel from the engine block to the cylinder head.

Blown head gasket symptoms:

Coolant leaking from below the exhaust manifold. This is the most obvious and easy diagnosis.

White smoke from the exhaust pipe.

Loss of coolant with no visible leaks.

Overheating engine.

Bubbles in the radiator or overflow tank.

White, milky oil.

Low power or poor running engine.

Good morning, have a wonderful day.

Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 10:07pm On Aug 13, 2019
Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 10:08pm On Aug 13, 2019
https:///I4v0SiBjU0oCLeML1Gz9aW

Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 10:09pm On Aug 13, 2019
Join this whatsapp group with this link to ask questions and answer about our car maintenance for long life span of our cars

https:///I4v0SiBjU0oCLeML1Gz9aW

Thank you

1 Like

Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 9:40am On Aug 14, 2019
CLUTCH PLATE (manual transmission only)
Function of the Clutch plate is to transmitting the torque from the engine to the drivetrain. Smoothly deliver the power from the engine to enable smooth vehicle movement. Perform quietly and to reduce drive-related vibration.

If you're experiencing any of the below symptoms, you may need a clutch replacement:

*Spongy, sticking, vibrating or loose clutch pedal when pressed

*Squeaking or grumbling noise when pressed

*Ability to rev the engine, but poor acceleration

*Difficulty shifting gear

*'Slipping' clutch, causing a momentary loss of acceleration.

Good morning
Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 9:40am On Aug 14, 2019
CLUTCH PLATE (manual transmission only)
Function of the Clutch plate is to transmitting the torque from the engine to the drivetrain. Smoothly deliver the power from the engine to enable smooth vehicle movement. Perform quietly and to reduce drive-related vibration.

If you're experiencing any of the below symptoms, you may need a clutch replacement:

*Spongy, sticking, vibrating or loose clutch pedal when pressed

*Squeaking or grumbling noise when pressed

*Ability to rev the engine, but poor acceleration

*Difficulty shifting gear

*'Slipping' clutch, causing a momentary loss of acceleration.

Good morning.

Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 2:37pm On Aug 15, 2019
Who can explain this

Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 8:30am On Aug 20, 2019
Lets go through this, this morning for more enlightenment, about our engine assembly. This is brought to you by AYO-OLA AUTO-DIAGNOSTIC AND REPAIR where we repair cars and diagnose not trial and error. Good morning. NOTE: look at where you are having challenge and consult us.

Re: What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) by AYOOLAAUTOCARE1(m): 8:59am On Aug 25, 2019
Here it comes less than 9 hours to come, it's a count down, don't forget to be a participant, it a program we will all learn together, just for an Hour, NO ONE IS PERFECT, NO ONE IS TOO SMART TO LEARN and NO KNOWLEDGE IS A WASTE, please lets be available online start the program together. There are prizes to be won. Good morning

This is the WhatsApp link to join for the program join before it's too late.
https:///FbcikTvvXMiGO2P4QgTvMq

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does Your Car Turn Heads? / Innoson Plans To Establish New Plant In Owerri, Produce 60,000 Units Annually / Electric Vehicles: Top 10 Best Sellers In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.