Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,462 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling (5000 Views)

Nigerian Man Quarrels With Pump Attendant For Filling Up His Fuel Tank (Video) / What's Consuming My Fuel (gas) / See What A Commercial Bus In Lagos Uses As Its Fuel Tank (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling by jodeci(m): 9:45pm On May 30, 2019
Since I replaced my fuel pump,filling fuel into the tank has become a herculean task as the tank keeps throwing up the fuel at intervals.Oftentimes I pity the fuel station attendant especially when buying full tank.

What could be the possible cause.
Re: My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:10pm On May 30, 2019
There's a problem in your evap system. My best bet is your purge valve. Run a scan.
Re: My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling by jodeci(m): 2:02am On May 31, 2019
tensazangetsu20:
There's a problem in your evap system. My best bet is your purge valve. Run a scan.

Scan returns no code.
Re: My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:27am On May 31, 2019
jodeci:

Scan returns no code.
What kind of scan tool did you use?
Re: My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling by jodeci(m): 3:41am On May 31, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

What kind of scan tool did you use?

Private scantool not the professional but I don't have any "check or service engine" on dashboard.
Re: My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:45am On May 31, 2019
jodeci:

Private scantool not the professional but I don't have any "check or service engine" on dashboard.
Check the components that make up the EVAP system on your car. The purge valve, charcoal canister etc. Just look up what components make up the EVAP system for your car and troubleshoot the components one by one.
Re: My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling by EngRichie: 8:41am On May 31, 2019
It's blockage. No vent for the tank anymore. Check the valve in between the tank and charcoal canister. Just maybe, some vent hose in the tank have been tampered with I.e wrongly connected.
Re: My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling by jodeci(m): 5:42pm On May 31, 2019
EngRichie:
It's blockage. No vent for the tank anymore. Check the valve in between the tank and charcoal canister. Just maybe, some vent hose in the tank have been tampered with I.e wrongly connected.

Many thanks.
Re: My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling by Whynow(m): 12:39am On Jun 06, 2019
I always advise motorist to stop fueling at first click. This helps the charcoal cannister last longer.
Not related to posters issues, but just a word of advise.
Re: My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling by istephen(m): 9:22am On Jun 06, 2019
I would check the fuel tank vent tubes.
Re: My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling by jodeci(m): 9:52am On Jun 06, 2019
EngRichie:

I have rectified the issue,the vent valve through Evap hose to the canister was stuck closed.

2 Likes

Re: My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 06, 2019
jodeci:

I have rectified the issue,the vent valve through Evap hose to the canister was stuck closed.
Interesting. I presume you're referring to the vent control valve. Usually, when your issue comes up on a Pathfinder, the culprit is the vent tube running from the top of the fuel pump to the evap canister. Still, watch it and keep us posted.
Re: My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling by jodeci(m): 2:50pm On Jun 06, 2019
Costee:

Interesting. I presume you're referring to the vent control valve. Usually, when your issue comes up on a Pathfinder, the culprit is the vent tube running from the top of the fuel pump to the evap canister. Still, watch it and keep us posted.

Your correct,the Evap hose is an integral part of the whole pump package.

Re: My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling by fishbone11(m): 8:26pm On Aug 12, 2019
jodeci:

Pls furnish me with any useful contact or info of who did it for u as my 2009 Ford Edge is having exactly the same problem.
Re: My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling by fishbone11(m): 8:29pm On Aug 12, 2019
Costee:

Pls my 2009 Ford Edge is having the same problem mentioned in the section. Pls help me out as I can't refuel my car as I just bought it as foreign use 2 days ago.
Re: My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:41pm On Aug 12, 2019
fishbone11:

Pls my 2009 Ford Edge is having the same problem mentioned in the section. Pls help me out as I can't refuel my car as I just bought it as foreign use 2 days ago.
Where are you located?
Re: My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling by fishbone11(m): 9:05pm On Aug 12, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

Where are you located?
Ogba, Lagos
Re: My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling by adanny01(m): 9:05pm On Aug 15, 2019
jodeci:
Since I replaced my fuel pump,filling fuel into the tank has become a herculean task as the tank keeps throwing up the fuel at intervals.Oftentimes I pity the fuel station attendant especially when buying full tank.

What could be the possible cause.

Even though you solved the problem, i am still a little confused.

Isn't the dispenser nozzle designed to stop dispensing once there is a backflow?

I want to believe as well as your car had a fault, that particular dispenser had a fault too.

Secondly, the delivery rate of the dispenser might be too high. It usually causes overflow.

3rdly, i still cannot connect an evap system blockage to the fuel filling process.

Basically no dispenser is supposed to over flow, it is supposed to detect increased pressure when the tank is full or when there is a back flow then cut off. If it doesn't, its a problem with the dispenser not the car.

If you bought fuel from another station, you would then think you fixed it but the problem was never your car.

If there is a problem with your car, the problem should be premature cut off.
Re: My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling by Coolgent(m): 7:30pm On Jan 03, 2023
jodeci:

Where did u get the canister purge valve? Because am having the same issue with my ford escape 2013

(1) (Reply)

Procure Fake Number Plate, & Be Jailed –FRSC / Honda Odyssey And Toyota Sienna,which Is Better? / The Meaning Of O/D Botton On Automatic Gear Selector In Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.