Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This (28363 Views)

I Need Nigeria Use Or Second Hand Iphone 6 Plus For 30k / Redmi Note 9, Note 9S Or Note 9pro: Don't Buy That Phone Until You Read This.... / Stop! Before You Buy That Infinix Or Tecno Smartphone, Read This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by princemillla(m): 7:15pm On Apr 28, 2019
Hello my fellow iPhone lovers,

I know how much you so want to lay your hands on the second hand iPhone since the brand new one is not pocket friendly in this economic brouhaha.

It will be disheartening to buy ur used iPhone and upon factory reset, you discover you can't login ur details to the icloud to complete set up.

These is what some guys are doing.

They will bypass activation lock whilst the device is still lock to previous users account. If you mistakenly format, or flashed such phone. It get locked to the previous account. In this case your icloud details will not open such phone cuz the previous owner was still registered on the iolcloud server and not yours.

So what you need to do befor buying your second hand iphone

1. Get the imei and run a check on either paid or free server to confirm FIND MY IPHONE (FMI) is off.

If FMI is On and on the phone there no icloud details in it. Buy such device at your own risk

If FMI is off, that's a good deal.

This warning also goes to my fellow software engineer. Befor you flash that iPhone, confirm the status of the FMI. Otherwise client may twist issues

Goodluck

35 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by solarview(m): 8:25pm On Apr 28, 2019
Very informative

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by Kennyolowo(m): 9:09pm On Apr 28, 2019
How do I check if the fmi is off using imei
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by princemillla(m): 9:54pm On Apr 28, 2019
Kennyolowo:
How do I check if the fmi is off using imei

Check Google for imei checker

1 Like

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by PurestBoy(m): 10:12pm On Apr 28, 2019
This should make FP instead of Regina Daniels stories

108 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by brodalikeme(m): 12:38am On Apr 29, 2019
I'm just waiting patiently for someone to insert their sim into my iPhone that was stolen, I MUST use that person do example angry

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by flourishing247: 1:02am On Apr 29, 2019
Why buy used phone? Most of them are stolen phones too. Wait till you can afford an iPhone. Don't get yourself into unnecessary trouble

26 Likes

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by Kingkun69(m): 1:15am On Apr 29, 2019
Thanks but I only but Iphones from authorised retailers smiley

3 Likes

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by Nicklaus619(m): 2:22am On Apr 29, 2019
OMG this is really an informative piece, thanks oop, I have learnt a new thing today.
Lalasticlala abeg move to wider audience cool

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by TechCapon(m): 5:17am On Apr 29, 2019
Very informative. Thumbs up to the op

1 Like

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by sotall(m): 6:56am On Apr 29, 2019
sad sad
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by Alamu1111: 6:57am On Apr 29, 2019
Ok

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by KingLennon(m): 6:57am On Apr 29, 2019
Why buy a used Iphone when you can get a new Moto Z3? Or you just want to buy problem with your money?

3 Likes

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 29, 2019
brodalikeme:
I'm just waiting patiently for someone to insert their sim into my iPhone that was stolen, I MUST use that person do example angry

Hahaha phone is probably already inuse. tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by Oyeleye101(m): 6:58am On Apr 29, 2019
Understood
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by Sellfish(m): 6:59am On Apr 29, 2019
Ok smiley
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by Naijaguy123: 7:00am On Apr 29, 2019
Is that all ?
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by yjgm(m): 7:01am On Apr 29, 2019
Nice
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by haryorbarmie83(m): 7:02am On Apr 29, 2019
What about Android.

1 Like

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by stefanweeks: 7:02am On Apr 29, 2019
Nigerians want to live big

But they cant afford it

They go for 2nd hand materials and end up paying bitterly for it

7 Likes

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by calberian: 7:02am On Apr 29, 2019
brodalikeme:
Pls help.

Last month, a friend was robbed in traffic in Lagos and was relieved of his iPhone in the process. He has his iCloud details but doesn’t know how to go about tracking the device. We tried FMI but it didn’t come up and when I logged in with my own iCloud details, it was correct to the T.

1 Like

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by EnglishUsa: 7:02am On Apr 29, 2019
Buhari why naa
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by haryothosyn93(m): 7:02am On Apr 29, 2019
I am not fan of IPhone. I rep Samsung all the day!

Samsung fans let gather together for selfie

Click like for Samsung and Share for IPhone

65 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by jackdaniels(m): 7:03am On Apr 29, 2019
Clean iphone 7 for sale..fmi checked, i cloud...checked..buy and use..bt no receipt o grin
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by dheaven: 7:04am On Apr 29, 2019
What of those that sells it in quantity why are they not arrested?

1 Like

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:05am On Apr 29, 2019
SAMSUNG: THE KING OF PHONES!!

17 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy A20 Vs Infinix S4 Comparison: This Fight Has A Clear Winner / Tecno Pova 2 Unboxing And First Impressions + Price (photos) / My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.