Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,184 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

How Do I Recover My Late Fathers Shares - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Recover My Late Fathers Shares (1068 Views)

How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? / How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? / Nigerian Bank Disobeying My Late Father's Directive. PLEASE HELP!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Recover My Late Fathers Shares by obidaddy: 7:54pm On Apr 28, 2019
Hello Dear Nairalanders,

I need your kind advice with regards to the shares purchased by late father before his unfortunate demise.

My dad bought several shares of different banks in the heat of Ptof. Charles Soludo's recapitalization of Nigerian Banks some years ago.

Shortly thereafter my late father died and we were forced to relocate to another city in Nigeria.

The problem now is he used our church private mail box for correspondence. Secondly his Bank accounts have been closed by my mum who processed the letter of administration.

We have not recieved any dividends and no correspondence either.

I just stumbled on some of the share certificates and I believe there are others which must have been sent to our former church mail box.

Please I need sincere advice on how to get all the unpaid dividends and possibly recover any other shares/certificates which was not sent to my dad before his demise.

Thank you very much.

Dear mods kindly push this to FP, to garner the much needed attention and advice. It could also be useful for many others too.
Re: How Do I Recover My Late Fathers Shares by Connoisseur(m): 8:19pm On Apr 28, 2019
Dividend warrant stopped coming to mail boxes a couple of years ago. Dividends are paid directly to bank accounts now.

http://sec.gov.ng/non-mandated/?reset=Y

Enter your father's name in the web page above and all the shares he own will appear. Download the forms for each registrar, fill and submit. All outstanding dividends will be paid to his account. You can contact a stockbroker to initiate transfer proceedings.
Re: How Do I Recover My Late Fathers Shares by superman1073: 8:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
Sorry about the demise,you need to visit the Nigerian stock exchange office in the state you are residing for guidance. You will need 1. Death certificate
2. Letter of administration
3. And other documents as required by the NSE
Re: How Do I Recover My Late Fathers Shares by Lucifersticlala: 8:45pm On Apr 28, 2019
You won't see me on this kind of sensible thread where common sense & tangible contributions are required but if its tribalism threads or senseless topics like Princess Shyngle's oiled ass now, eheeeennn grin grin na there you go see me in action.

Useless devil.

*spits angry

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Late Fathers Shares by wasak(m): 10:09pm On Apr 28, 2019
Get the letters of administration from your mom, present it the company, the company can re-issue the shares in the name of the administrators, then you may dispose the shares in any manner you so wish.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Late Fathers Shares by obidaddy: 11:18am On Apr 29, 2019
Connoisseur:
Dividend warrant stopped coming to mail boxes a couple of years ago. Dividends are paid directly to bank accounts now.

http://sec.gov.ng/non-mandated/?reset=Y

Enter your father's name in the web page above and all the shares he own will appear. Download the forms for each registrar, fill and submit. All outstanding dividends will be paid to his account. You can contact a stockbroker to initiate transfer proceedings.

Thank you so much sir. I am grateful.
Re: How Do I Recover My Late Fathers Shares by obidaddy: 11:19am On Apr 29, 2019
superman1073:
Sorry about the demise,you need to visit the Nigerian stock exchange office in the state you are residing for guidance. You will need 1. Death certificate
2. Letter of administration
3. And other documents as required by the NSE

I am most grateful for your kind counsel & condolence.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How Long Will It Take To Get A Refund On Fiverr / 100 Bags Of TOP White P.O.P Cement @ N355,000 Call 07017794921 To Order / Please I Need To Talk To YMODULUS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.