Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? (36844 Views)

How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? / See The Mail I Got From Union Bank. Concerning. Cryptocurrency... / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by xcelpro: 3:28pm On Apr 25, 2022
Good day Nairaland.
Please how do I recover my money from Union Bank?
On 19th April 2022, I went to use their ATM at about 8:10 a.m and I was debited N20k without cash dispense because the machine went off while counting the money due to power failure from the bank's generator house.
After 24hrs I went to their branch to lay a compliant and they acknowledged the dispense error and started that it will be reversed after 24hrs which did not happen.
I called their customer care line 2 days later and one of their agent told me that it will be reversed after 24hrs and that she has sent It for manual reversal.
Despite this I didn't get the reversal.

I again went to the bank last week Friday, 23rd April and the customer service apologized that it must be reversed that day which did not still happen.
I chatted them up on Twitter, and they claim that it has been reversed, and after proving that nothing has been reversed they stopped responding to my messages on Twitter.
I sent them a mail and they didn't respond till yesterday, where they stated that the issue will be resolve within 48 hours.
Nothing has happened yet.
I tried calling their their customer service now and I noticed that I can no longer reach them with my two lines, probably they blocked my line.

P.s; I am fully aware that they have breached their obligation in respect to banker-customer relationship and that I would be entitled to damages if I sue them for this.
But the truth is, instituting a legal action now would be too expensive for me coupled with the litigation process.

Please what do you suggest I do apart from litigation?

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by 4teenblaq: 3:36pm On Apr 25, 2022
Start going to the branch everyday and complain until they get tired of you, then they will have no option than to refund you your money...

Don't give them breathing space.

216 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by xcelpro: 3:40pm On Apr 25, 2022
4teenblaq:
Start going to the branch everyday and complain until they get tired of you, then they will have no option than to refund you your money...

Don't give them breathing space.
Okay thank you

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by xcelpro: 3:45pm On Apr 25, 2022
Mods please help move to the front page

MODIFIED

Thank you Nairaland and everyone for your advice.
After my post was moved to the front page by the mods, I received a call from a staff of the bank early this morning apologising for the inconveniences and that the fund will be reversed.
After that, I received a series of calls this afternoon from their head office in Lagos and also the branch I went to complain apologising for the same.
In less than no time my money was reversed back.

Thank you, everyone.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by dominique(f): 10:37pm On Apr 25, 2022
Request for your statement of account, print it out and go and show them. If truly the money was reversed, it should reflect in your statement of account.

165 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by NwaNimo1(m): 10:39pm On Apr 25, 2022
Revisit the branch wearing a suicide belt......

[img]https:///media/4-02-2022/WHvSd9.gif[/img]

157 Likes 17 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by LordEclipse: 10:40pm On Apr 25, 2022
xcelpro:
Good day Nairaland.
On 19th April 2022, I went to use their ATM at about 8:10 a.m and I was debited N20k without cash dispense because the machine went off while counting the money due to power failure from the bank's generator house.
After 24hrs I went to their branch to lay a compliant and they acknowledged the dispense error and started that it will be reversed after 24hrs which did not happen.
I called their customer care line 2 days later and one of their agent told me that it will be reversed after 24hrs and that she has sent It for manual reversal.

I again went to the bank last week Friday, 23rd April and the customer service apologized that it must be reversed that day which did not still happen.
I chatted them up on Twitter, and they claim that it has been reversed, and after proving that nothing has been reversed they stopped responding to my messages on Twitter.
I sent them a mail and they didn't respond till yesterday, where they stated that the issue will be resolve within 48 hours.
I tried calling their their customer service now and I noticed that I can no longer reach them with my two lines, probably they blocked my line.

P.s; I am fully aware that they have breached their obligation in respect to banker-customer relationship and that I would be entitled to damages if I sue them for this.
But the truth is, instituting a legal action now would be too expensive for me coupled with the litigation process.

just organize a 3day life band retreat at their headquarters,and thank me later..�

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Amuluonyenaego: 10:41pm On Apr 25, 2022
Report them to CBN e get why.

137 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by AFvckingAlpha(m): 10:41pm On Apr 25, 2022
All these banks sef

Naso Zenith no gree reverse my money too, nah until I burn one of their branch before them go take me serious abi.

All these banks be trippin for real

I don kuku port comot all these conventional banks

I said what I said

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Brendaniel: 10:41pm On Apr 25, 2022
I think someone else may have taken the cash from that ATM after you left there, because if the machine was already counting the money, it means the dispensing of money has been approved in its programming and will be dispensed later on, that's why there are cases of people slotting in their cards and before they type anything cash rolls out of it.

However it's not your fault, the bank has to take the responsibility for that, don't go to the bank and be sounding polite with customer care, in present day Nigeria, customer care hardly help people who sound polite, it's either they give you the cash or you receive the alert on your phone before you leave the bank, anything less than that they will know a customer visited their bank, another thing- if any person tells you why are you disturbing because of 20k, tell the person to give you the money and the disturbance will stop ...

Money matter is serious matter

241 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Topmaike007(m): 10:41pm On Apr 25, 2022
Ok
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by SirPilgrim(m): 10:41pm On Apr 25, 2022
Go to their branch and complain

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by lookingfly: 10:41pm On Apr 25, 2022
xcelpro:
Good day Nairaland.

threaten to report them to CBN, them go return your money with plenty begss

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by timocruzcmbb(m): 10:41pm On Apr 25, 2022
Show warey and come back to tell us how it goes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by xcelpro: 10:41pm On Apr 25, 2022
dominique:
Request for your statement of account, print it out and go and show them. If truly the money was reversed, it should reflect in your statement of account.
Okay.
Thank you
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:41pm On Apr 25, 2022
xcelpro:
Good day Nairaland.

Bro be patient, First bank held my bread (73k) for 30 whole days. It was a failed transaction on DHL market place. Be patient

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by tunbosun002(f): 10:42pm On Apr 25, 2022
Hopefully this issue gets resolved now that it’s on the front page.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by dona4real(m): 10:42pm On Apr 25, 2022
Just holla at 911,or call icpc that will be better
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Ekeseges(f): 10:42pm On Apr 25, 2022
Go to their branch with live band.Them go respond by force.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by VicThory(m): 10:42pm On Apr 25, 2022
Bro fast disturb them before they use your money do ileya.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by ChizzyBuna(m): 10:42pm On Apr 25, 2022
Be careful of doing online transactions with any nigerian bank during raining season.
Especially during or after a heavy rainfall
Your money will hang and wont reflect

Because rain affects bank networks just the way rain affects Nepa light.
Unlike in Canada where even in extreme winter, everything is still functioning well

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by xcelpro: 10:43pm On Apr 25, 2022
Amuluonyenaego:
Report them to CBN e get why.
Okay. Thank you
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by teejay29(m): 10:43pm On Apr 25, 2022
LordEclipse:
just organize a 3day life band retreat at their headquarters,and thank me later..�
grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Topmaike007(m): 10:43pm On Apr 25, 2022
xcelpro:

Okay thank you
carry there computer or laptop if they don't reverse it

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by vb0mb(m): 10:43pm On Apr 25, 2022
Go to any branch again or state your account number let us help you.
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by naijaguy123456(m): 10:43pm On Apr 25, 2022
Go to the bank ask for your statement of account, confirm you’re debited officially. Cut out the part containing your personal information, highlight the particular transaction and go live on Twitter. Try message like this

@unionbank Nigeria

It’s been 8 days my account was debited with this transaction highlighted. Your ATM failed to dispensed me the money. This error your management at (*** branch acknowledged). I have made 6 trips to my local branch without meaningful outcome. Please do the needful. I will think am entitled to access my money whenever I want. Thank you

Next day send out same message

This is now day 9 …..

Next day send again

It’s been 10 days now…

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by XploraBen(m): 10:44pm On Apr 25, 2022
Sue them or report the bank to CBN via mail.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by seeker121(m): 10:44pm On Apr 25, 2022
Ok

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Kazeem47(m): 10:44pm On Apr 25, 2022
That's how FCMB took more than six month just to reverse my 6k.I disturbed their life with different E-mails and Whatsapp messages everyday.Thank God their branch is trekable from my place,I am always the first person their customer care use to attend to because I always go there very early in the morning and always shouting at them inside the bank. keep disturbing them,they will refund you.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by Engrr(m): 10:44pm On Apr 25, 2022
So Union Bank has a Twitter account? I never knew !

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? by JONSYN7154: 10:45pm On Apr 25, 2022
xcelpro:
Good day Nairaland.

This is a simple matter.

Print the statement of account and go and see the manager and tell him what happened.

Tell him you have been coming and the customer care people are playing with your intelligence.

Tell him you'll take it up at the court of law and you'll see him begging you not to do so and in the next few hours your money will be in your account.

BUT DON'T FORGET TO SEND ME RECHARGE CARD O.

18 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Five Businesses You Can Run With Your Job / 1 - Deleted / Tony Elumelu's Mother Celebrating Her 90th Birthday In Few Days Time (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.