Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

ASUU Slams FG over plan to incoporate lecturers in IPPIS - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Slams FG over plan to incoporate lecturers in IPPIS (737 Views)

CONUA To Sue FG Over Withheld Salary / FG Pays ASUU Members December Salary Despite Not Enrolling In IPPIS. / COZA: "If Girls Sexually Abused By Lecturers In IMSU Come Out...." - Leeroy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Slams FG over plan to incoporate lecturers in IPPIS by mathinips(m): 2:31pm On Apr 29, 2019
The peace in Nigeria’s public universities may be shattered soon as the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has rejected a move by the federal government to use the 2019 personnel verification exercise to incorporate lecturers into the Integrated Personnel Payroll Information System (IPPIS).

ASUU’s position, it was gathered, is that its members were employed by their respective governing councils, and not centrally by the federal government, stressing that it is strange to the world university system for their salaries to be paid from Abuja....

.....The lecturers had cautioned the NUC not to distract them, as they were trying to cover lost grounds occasioned by the six-month strike, insisting that the method of payment negated the principle of university autonomy agreed upon since 1992.

The union has, therefore, directed its members not to fill the 2019 Personnel Data Verification form being distributed by the Budget Office of the Federation.

The President of the union, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, in a letter written to chapter chairmen of the union, a copy of which was made available to journalists in Ibadan yesterday by the Chairman, University of Ibadan chapter, Prof. Deji Omole, directed members not to fill the personnel verification form, describing the verification form as dubious.

IT CAN'T WORK! ASUU Slams FG On Move To Draft Lecturers Into New Payment System [FULL GIST HERE] https://m.scoopernews.com/detail?newsId=2543415

Re: ASUU Slams FG over plan to incoporate lecturers in IPPIS by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 29, 2019
But your salaries doesn't come from Abuja I suppose.
Re: ASUU Slams FG over plan to incoporate lecturers in IPPIS by CodeTemplar: 8:10pm On Apr 29, 2019
How can you be sponsored by FG and be hiding the details of your expenses from the same FG sponsoring you?
It is absurd.
Every MDA in Nigeria has it's own special expense that no outsider can understand and it is kept secret while they expect to be funded by same public they can't carry along. I am sure the mother of all fraud is going in the FG public university system.
Re: ASUU Slams FG over plan to incoporate lecturers in IPPIS by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2019
CodeTemplar:
How can you be sponsored by FG and be hiding the details of your expenses from the same FG sponsoring you?
It is absurd.
Every MDA in Nigeria has it's own special expense that no outsider can understand and it is kept secret while they expect to be funded by same public they can't carry along. I am sure the mother of all fraud is going in the FG public university system.
Help me tell those lecturers. If you know the level of fraud going on in many public universities you would weep.
Re: ASUU Slams FG over plan to incoporate lecturers in IPPIS by mathinips(m): 12:31am On May 06, 2019
wink
Re: ASUU Slams FG over plan to incoporate lecturers in IPPIS by otokx(m): 8:36am On May 06, 2019
Going by ASUU argument there is no need for a central union.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Still Graduate With A Second Class Upper? / 2019/2020 Jamb Change Of Course/institution / I Risk Spending An Extra Year In School.. Please Help Folks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.