Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

My Generator Brings Out Smoke Even When There’s Oil, PLEASE HELP!!! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Generator Brings Out Smoke Even When There’s Oil, PLEASE HELP!!! (5610 Views)

Did I Put Wrong Oil In My Generator? / I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost / Car Losing Oil But No Leak Or Smoke; What's Going On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Generator Brings Out Smoke Even When There’s Oil, PLEASE HELP!!! by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 30, 2019
I have a suzuk SV2300H generator and I’ve used it for years now with only minor issues here and there.

The only time the generator smokes is when it is low on engine oil after which it will go off(smoking and going off are the signs that oil is low).

Now it just smokes intermittently, i.e, it smokes for a while, stops, smokes again, stops, but the generator keeps running. When I check there’s oil but yet it keeps smoking.

I called a generator engineer and immediately he saw it, he said I’ll have to ring it but I don’t trust the guy so I’m going to hold off on the ringing.

Can anyone in the house advise me on what to do?
Re: My Generator Brings Out Smoke Even When There’s Oil, PLEASE HELP!!! by Wonderboy1(m): 12:43pm On Apr 30, 2019
He is right. You have to ring it
Re: My Generator Brings Out Smoke Even When There’s Oil, PLEASE HELP!!! by okonja(m): 12:44pm On Apr 30, 2019
I had the same experience with my generator for some months ago BUT last Saturday, I decided to heed the advice of a generator repairer my neighbour introduced to me that the Piston and Rings need to be changed. Viola, everything is fine now, no more smoking. So you can go ahead with yours as well. cool
Re: My Generator Brings Out Smoke Even When There’s Oil, PLEASE HELP!!! by dbelovd(m): 12:48pm On Apr 30, 2019
Is the engine i4,v6 or v8?

Answer to this question is important if you want our in-house experts to suggest possible way out of your auto-generator imbroglio!!!
Re: My Generator Brings Out Smoke Even When There’s Oil, PLEASE HELP!!! by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2019
dbelovd:
Is the engine i4,v6 or v8?

Answer to this question is important if you want our in-house experts to suggest possible way out of your auto-generator imbroglio!!!

Ehrr a single cylinder generator engine sir
Re: My Generator Brings Out Smoke Even When There’s Oil, PLEASE HELP!!! by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2019
Wonderboy1:
He is right. You have to ring it

Mm alright. Although I was thinking a simple wash of the piston would solve it. sad
Re: My Generator Brings Out Smoke Even When There’s Oil, PLEASE HELP!!! by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 30, 2019
okonja:
I had the same experience with my generator for some months ago BUT last Saturday, I decided to heed the advice of a generator repairer my neighbour introduced to me that the Piston and Rings need to be changed. Viola, everything is fine now, no more smoking. So you can go ahead with yours as well. cool

Alright sir. I think I’ll go ahead with it.

(1) (Reply)

Sell Your Cars At Ease & Timely In Port Harcourt With Motor45 Service! / Tokunbo Toyota Picnic 2000 @ N1,200,000 Call 08023416552, 08139040039 / Tokunbo 2007 Lexus RX 350 Accident Free Negotiable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.