Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,514 members, 7,812,600 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost (78865 Views)

Re: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Fuel Savings / Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings / Convert Your Generator To Lpg Generator 08166866515 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2023
In response to the removal of PMS subsidy.

I have installed an LPG/CNG carburettor that also works with PMS (petrol)

Kindly note

Fuel tank emptied via the supply hose .

Scale set to measure lpg as it is consumed in KG

1L of fuel measured out into a gallon and will be poured into gen.

Same amount of load will be applied in both instances .

Timer set to zero.

I will start with LPG.... Will run for 1KG and I will turn it off once it hits 1kg on the scale the
mark the time.

Next will be petrol PMS, it will also run for 1L then I will mark the amount of time it took before gen went off.

1kg of gas = ₦650 (June 12 2023)

1L of petrol = ₦500 (June 12 2023)

Let's start.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Modified summary

Total time of LPG - 197mins at #650/kg

= #3.3/min

Total time or petrol - 106 mins at #500/l

= #4.7/m

Another way of looking at it .

With Gas

By calculation

1kg of gas at 650naira per kg lasted 3.17hours (3hours 17mins)

How many kg of gas per hour
650/3.17= 205.

Cost per hour = ₦205

I.e ₦205 of gas lasted one hour

*With Petrol*

One liter at #500 lasted 1.46mins (one hour 46mins)

Cost per hour= 500/1.46 = ₦342

Conclusion LPG cheaper

Personally gas is so safer than pms any day, but I'll have to put out this warning.

WARNING!!!!

LPG IS FLAMMABLE.

THE GAS LINE AND GAS CYLINDER SHOULD BE KEPT AWAY FROM NAKED FLAMES AND HOT SURFACES.

WHEN TROUBLESHOOTING A PROBLEM WITH YOUR GEN USE PMS ESPECIALLY FOR VALVE AND ELECTRICAL ISSUES.

FINALLY THE END PRODUCT IS STILL CARBON MONOXIDE AND GEN SHOULD NEVER BE USED IN A CONFINEMENT, CARBON MONOXIDE WILL KILL IF THIS HAPPENS.

Happy independence day people .

363 Likes 53 Shares

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2023

LPG results

Final results on 1kg, ₦650 test on LPG

Result was 3hours and 17mins

Modified.

The LPG/CNG carburettor can be purchased on this thread .

https://www.nairaland.com/7727172/fuel-subsidy-convert-generator-lpg

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2023

Results for PMS petrol .

1L of petrol ran for 1hr and 46mins

Cost ₦500

Modified

The LPG/CNG/Petrol Carburettor can be purchased on this thread .

https://www.nairaland.com/7727172/fuel-subsidy-convert-generator-lpg

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by muzically(m): 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2023
Let's go

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by noble71(m): 12:35pm On Jun 12, 2023
Nice one Chief. I have been looking for this since the removal of subsidy.

171 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by Osgilliat(m): 12:35pm On Jun 12, 2023
How much do you get the carburetor?

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by dare01: 12:56pm On Jun 12, 2023
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=123742977][color=#990000]In response to the removal of PMS subsidy.

Kindly note

Timer set to zero.

I will start with LPG.... Will run for 1KG and I will turn it off once it hits 1kg on the scale the
mark the time.

Next will be petrol PMS, it will also run for 1L then I will mark the amount of time it took before gen went off.

Let's start.

I just need to know the number of hours they last.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by Manuella4ace: 12:56pm On Jun 12, 2023
Brought popcorn and ice cream.
Let's begin.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by nurey(m): 12:57pm On Jun 12, 2023
Nah the explosive tendency of the CNG/LNG dey fear me.

But this is good, let more people switch yo CNG/LNG so the price of petrol can come down for poor people like me grin

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:59pm On Jun 12, 2023
dare01:
Is the generator going to be placed on load?

Load or idle, gen will run on similar conditions for both fuels .

117 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by maxxx(m): 1:02pm On Jun 12, 2023
I gat my eyes on this..E get reason.

2 Likes

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by eherbal(m): 1:04pm On Jun 12, 2023
Thanks for making this easier for us . We now have to choose the best options for us. Wey my weed self. grin

32 Likes

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by jossytech(m): 1:06pm On Jun 12, 2023
I'm follower

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:09pm On Jun 12, 2023
This is why I'm still holding back. I want to see the difference especially time and consumption. I'll be following this topic

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by 9icetoo(m): 1:14pm On Jun 12, 2023
GAZZUZZ:
That liter no complete.

You dey use glasses ni?

No do ojoro oo.

8 Likes

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by 9icetoo(m): 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Load or idle, gen will run on similar conditions for both fuels .
Hmmmmm

Not entirely true but let's see how it fares first.

Load affects some stuffs oo.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by 9icetoo(m): 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2023
nurey:

But this is good, let more people switch yo CNG/LNG so the price of petrol can come down for poor people like me grin

It won't affect the price.

Rest.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by Lynxxautos: 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2023
Is the generator working already? So I can start counting down..

4 Likes

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by LeJeun3: 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2023
grin
Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:38pm On Jun 12, 2023
9icetoo:

That liter no complete.

You dey use glasses ni?

No do ojoro oo.

The gallon been de shake, no worry I set am well .

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by nex(m): 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2023
nurey:

If you use a Non-Explosive Composite Fibre Cylinder, you won't have to worry about explosion with LPG, LNG, CNG or any other type of gas.

I'm just waiting for the results to come in, so I can decide on what to do next with my generator.

In terms of pricing, it is possible that petrol prices will fall a little with less demand if many Nigerians switch to gas to fuel their cars and generators, but what will happen to the price of gas with the high demand? You expect price of gas to remain below N700 per kg?

107 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by MrHighSea: 1:41pm On Jun 12, 2023
One must learn from this thread

25 Likes

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by kingreign(m): 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2023
9icetoo:

That liter no complete.

You dey use glasses ni?

No do ojoro oo.

You wan start vawulent talk, we go start Vawulence o!

6 Likes

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by kingreign(m): 1:45pm On Jun 12, 2023
Lynxxautos:
Is the generator working already? So I can start counting down..
Izzit your generator?
Izzit your starting?
Izzit your gas?
Izzit your fuel?
Izzit your counting?

Leave our generator and stop counting.

8 Likes

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by ekkywolex(m): 1:51pm On Jun 12, 2023
Focused on the results grin grin
Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by Shagati(m): 1:57pm On Jun 12, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Great that the final results will be in Naira/hour as this gives a clearer picture (at least to me) of comsumption than the weight/volume comparison which is quite difficult to quantify or justify.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by whixstan(m): 2:01pm On Jun 12, 2023
Waiting for the results
Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by SleekyP(m): 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2023
Where are test crew? shocked

Depotivo

Sienna
Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by omophunky(m): 2:12pm On Jun 12, 2023
I'll be back baby
Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by eghuan1(m): 2:19pm On Jun 12, 2023
Sorry to ask, is the price of LPG same as CNG? Because I was told at NIPCO gas that CNG is 110 Naira per KG.

Kindly confirm please

GAZZUZZ:

Kindly note

Timer set to zero.

mark the time.

Let's start.

4 Likes

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:25pm On Jun 12, 2023
Final results will be released in 1st blank post, but from our coalition centre these are the results coming in on IREV for the presidential. grin

31 Likes

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by lecturerdabo(m): 3:05pm On Jun 12, 2023
Tab

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Preorder Cars from Dubai: Prado, Hilux, Hiace, Benz, Coaster, Rolls-Royce... / ♒ ♒ Recover Your Lost/Stolen Custom Duty Documents Here ♒ / Vehicle Registration And Drivers Licence Processing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.