Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,907 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport (26546 Views)

Pictures From The Commissioning Of Akwa Iboms New International Airport Terminal / Pictures Of The New International Terminal At MMIA / The New International Passport Will Commence On April 29 - Price & How To Apply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by AUTOJOSH1: 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2019
The issuance of the Nigeria Passport with 10-year validity has begun,

The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) started issuing it on Monday.

The 64-page passport is produced with enhanced polycarbonate. It is also embedded with the National Identity Number.

The new passport costs N70,000.

Recall that President Muhammadu Buhari launched the new passport on January 15, 2019.

The new document is part of the passport reform approved by the Federal Government to improve the quality and security of the travel document as well as reduce the incidence of damage, counterfeit, and forgery.

According to the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), it is compulsory for passport applicants to have the Nigeria Identification Number (NIN). To achieve that, the management of NIS had set up a desk at the passport office where individuals could register for NIN.

According to the NIS Public Relations Officer, DCI Sunday James, “The National Identity Number is compulsory for all applicants of the new document. To make it easy for applicants, the Nigeria Immigration Service has provided space for the National Identity Management Commission at the service headquarters, Abuja to register applicants and issue to them the NIN.

“The public are advised not to rush for the new booklet as the new enhanced passport will run concurrently with the old one.”

The NIS spokesman further said applicants holding passports with more than six months validity are not eligible for the new booklet except in the case of damage, change of data and those whose booklets were exhausted.

James advised applicants to pay online or directly to the banks situated within the passport offices; he also advised them against patronising touts “as all the service windows are equipped to meet their needs.”

He added that the Comptroller-General of Immigration Service, Muhammad Babandede, had directed passport offices at state commands to continue to issue the old booklet while the service headquarters Abuja would issue the new passport.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by nery4u(m): 6:33pm On Apr 30, 2019
Noted!
FTC since 2009 grin

Seems there's reward for this?

Mr seun, kindly do the needful ooo

I wish Tottenham Hotspur all the best tonight!

2 Likes

Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by DonGtoG1(m): 6:37pm On Apr 30, 2019
The requirements won't be an issue for many people that will be needing it.

"JUST GET YOURSELF PREPARED WITH ADDITIONAL / EXTRA PAY", if you really need the new e-passport.

Otherwise, you will have to wait until the crab blinks eye before getting it through the due process.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by toyeoye(m): 6:40pm On Apr 30, 2019
How much for the National identity Number?? It can never be free. 70k for passport now?? Just like that

7 Likes

Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by tommykiwi(m): 6:47pm On Apr 30, 2019
Nonsense! Even after the election, they have not seen my voter's card I stressed myself so much to get.

Now they want to stress us with national identity card.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by datopaper(m): 6:48pm On Apr 30, 2019
Nigeria things dey get as he be!

The thing go get coma
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by TheFacelessMan: 6:48pm On Apr 30, 2019
In my days as a Lawbreaker,

I had 6 passports of different West African countries in my past as a car smuggler.

All had different DOBs, aliases and etc.

Unfortunately, i didn't have the foresight...

Now, i am a Lawmaker and

Citizens from the SIX countries have been banned from travelling to the developed world cry

6 Likes

Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Onlinealaba(m): 6:48pm On Apr 30, 2019
Las las after the whole process am sure one would av spent an extra penny aside the 70k..This is Nigeria

Check my signature, get your electronics, SMART TVs, air conditioners, washing machines and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option

3 Likes

Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Nicklaus619(m): 6:48pm On Apr 30, 2019
My own go soon expire, does it apply to renewals too, I meant the 70k oop
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by ednut1(m): 6:49pm On Apr 30, 2019
U did biometric to get nimc. Am sure u would do another one at passport office
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by FhukaFhuka: 6:49pm On Apr 30, 2019
angry
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by HeWrites(m): 6:49pm On Apr 30, 2019
toyeoye:
How much for the National identity Number?? It can never be free. 70k for passport now?? Just like that

Funnily, it is. But I think when one wants to get the plastic one, the price is 2k.

1 Like

Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Mofpearl: 6:49pm On Apr 30, 2019
Nice! How long does it take to get the NIN though?
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by maxiuc(m): 6:49pm On Apr 30, 2019
cheesy

avenue to chop more money

yeye green thing

the way other country Immigration officers frown eeeee when you give them this passport for check up you go know sey naija cast no be small

2 Likes

Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 30, 2019
toyeoye:
Yes, for the 64 pages copy, the 32 pages isn't 70k.

7 Likes

Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by safarigirl(f): 6:51pm On Apr 30, 2019
toyeoye:
it's free.

3 Likes

Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by ceekutay: 6:51pm On Apr 30, 2019
Let's design your building plan or handle your building Construction Project.
Contact us at Khugtay Nigeria Company see our signature for more details...
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by 93RD(m): 6:52pm On Apr 30, 2019
undecided to think Nigerians are not facing much bigger problems.. Adding makeup to cover the major issues on ground. Una well done

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Kendumazy(m): 6:52pm On Apr 30, 2019
No difference.
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by BrainSanitizer: 6:53pm On Apr 30, 2019
N
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by TroubleMaker47(m): 6:53pm On Apr 30, 2019
toyeoye:
It is actually free
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Equiano: 6:54pm On Apr 30, 2019
Abuja to issue the new booklet, while states are advised to continue issuing the old booklet. Why?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Osyxcel(m): 6:54pm On Apr 30, 2019
toyeoye:

NIN is free. Don't be scammed!

2 Likes

Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Realdeals(m): 6:55pm On Apr 30, 2019
I finally collected my national e-ID card today after registering six years ago.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Okoyeebows: 6:55pm On Apr 30, 2019
Autojosh don dey blog about Passports.

Hunger has made the dog start eating grass and the monkeys start hunting birds.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Osyxcel(m): 6:55pm On Apr 30, 2019
Mofpearl:
Nice! How long does it take to get the NIN though?

Immediately.

1 Like

Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Lanretoye(m): 6:55pm On Apr 30, 2019
what is the diff btw standard and official.
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by sparog(m): 6:57pm On Apr 30, 2019
No comment
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Baawaa(m): 6:57pm On Apr 30, 2019
Are they serious

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Men Collect Money To Carry People Across Flood In Badagry / Lagos Ride: Lagos State Unveils Ride-Hailing Taxi Scheme / 6 Dead, 80 Injured In Lagos Train - BRT Bus Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.