Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,397 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport (26568 Views)

Pictures From The Commissioning Of Akwa Iboms New International Airport Terminal / Pictures Of The New International Terminal At MMIA / The New International Passport Will Commence On April 29 - Price & How To Apply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Mofpearl: 6:57pm On Apr 30, 2019
Osyxcel:

Immediately.
That's great.
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by putin4: 6:57pm On Apr 30, 2019
Pure stupidity,what did it change nothing.its still Nigeria passport,any one with Nigeria passport is a thief in abroad,so it make no sense
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Blue3k(m): 6:59pm On Apr 30, 2019
Lanretoye:
what is the diff btw standard and official.

Official is for politicans I recall.
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by nick50(m): 7:00pm On Apr 30, 2019
70 k to prove that am a Nigerian.. Buhari why?
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by legibow: 7:01pm On Apr 30, 2019
I no get wetin I go outside yet unless GOD call me.... till then Thanks for the information

1 Like

Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by darocha1: 7:02pm On Apr 30, 2019
Not compulsory jare
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Tedpgrass: 7:03pm On Apr 30, 2019
How can one go about getting a NI number overseas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Legendguru: 7:05pm On Apr 30, 2019
oh
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Wettoid123: 7:07pm On Apr 30, 2019
#70k is d official price that does not mean #70k can give u d passport,,,the one they are presently doing is #18,500 official price but people are paying close to #35k!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Blue3k(m): 7:11pm On Apr 30, 2019
nick50:
70 k to prove that am a Nigerian.. Buhari why?

Buy the 5 year passport if 70k is out your budget.
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by ibolord(m): 7:12pm On Apr 30, 2019
Smh, casted Passport. On my way to get Sierra Leonian passport. At least I will travel in peace with it.
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by ogene144(m): 7:15pm On Apr 30, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
In my days as a Lawbreaker,

I had 6 passports of different West African countries in my past as a car smuggler.

All had different DOBs, aliases and etc.

Unfortunately, i didn't have the foresight...

Now, i am a Lawmaker and

Citizens from the SIX countries have been banned from travelling to the developed world cry

are u sure of this
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 30, 2019
Since I don't have a national identity number, the new passport is not for me. Well, I don't need that disgrace of a green passport anyway. undecided
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Hoodbilonia: 7:25pm On Apr 30, 2019
Must everything be money
Fuc
Church...money
Food....money
Freedom.....money
Religion....money
Connection...money
Fuc
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Orpe7(m): 7:35pm On Apr 30, 2019
Rubbish!
What is biometrics for
Must u have everything
Soon dem go say u must have lassra to have passport
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Oyeleye101(m): 7:39pm On Apr 30, 2019
toyeoye:
How much for the National identity Number?? It can never be free. 70k for passport now?? Just like that
U get NIN when u apply for national ID and no fees attached. U only pay #50 for lamination.
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 30, 2019
my intl passport i did with 40 something k some few yrs back
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by watchindelta(m): 7:42pm On Apr 30, 2019
Must everything be suffer 4 naija self? Mine go expire next yr i go still go 4 the old, I no get time 4 does rubbish jor.

2 Likes

Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by buharitill2023: 7:46pm On Apr 30, 2019
toyeoye:
How much for the National identity Number?? It can never be free. 70k for passport now?? Just like that
you also have the one for 15,000 naira.

buhari is making change.
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by buharitill2023: 7:53pm On Apr 30, 2019
MajorJeffery:
Since I don't have a national identity number, the new passport is not for me. Well, I don't need that disgrace of a green passport anyway. undecided
you can Port to cameroon with thief atiku alcameroon
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Imoksp(m): 7:55pm On Apr 30, 2019
Realdeals:
I finally collected my national e-ID card today after registering six years ago.
Hi. Pls where did u register/collect the new e-id card. I did mine in 2014, yet not ready.
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 30, 2019
AUTOJOSH1:
The issuance of the Nigeria Passport with 10-year validity has begun,

The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) started issuing it on Monday.

The 64-page passport is produced with enhanced polycarbonate. It is also embedded with the National Identity Number.

The new passport costs N70,000.

Recall that President Muhammadu Buhari launched the new passport on January 15, 2019.

The new document is part of the passport reform approved by the Federal Government to improve the quality and security of the travel document as well as reduce the incidence of damage, counterfeit, and forgery.

According to the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), it is compulsory for passport applicants to have the Nigeria Identification Number (NIN). To achieve that, the management of NIS had set up a desk at the passport office where individuals could register for NIN.

According to the NIS Public Relations Officer, DCI Sunday James, “The National Identity Number is compulsory for all applicants of the new document. To make it easy for applicants, the Nigeria Immigration Service has provided space for the National Identity Management Commission at the service headquarters, Abuja to register applicants and issue to them the NIN.

“The public are advised not to rush for the new booklet as the new enhanced passport will run concurrently with the old one.”

The NIS spokesman further said applicants holding passports with more than six months validity are not eligible for the new booklet except in the case of damage, change of data and those whose booklets were exhausted.

James advised applicants to pay online or directly to the banks situated within the passport offices; he also advised them against patronising touts “as all the service windows are equipped to meet their needs.”

He added that the Comptroller-General of Immigration Service, Muhammad Babandede, had directed passport offices at state commands to continue to issue the old booklet while the service headquarters Abuja would issue the new passport.

Are they for real ? Non that m0st did over 5 years and up till now no I'd yet ?I did mine 2014 and nothing up till now

If nimc needs funds then why not just charge us a token like 1k or so instead of just leaving us stranded
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Revolva(m): 8:01pm On Apr 30, 2019
Realdeals:
I finally collected my national e-ID card today after registering six years ago.

Mee too na last week I collect my own since 2014 I registered I don almost give up on the card u til I saw the text message na so I Japa go their hq go collect am

The photo was so blurry I taya for the quality of the national id card
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 30, 2019
ednut1:
U did biometric to get nimc. Am sure u would do another one at passport office

Na so we see am o. Naija government agencies have no sync at all...
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by meadaca: 8:23pm On Apr 30, 2019
End time move. Repent now if u are still living in sin. Thank u.
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 30, 2019
DonGtoG1:
The requirements won't be an issue for many people that will be needing it.

"JUST GET YOURSELF PREPARED WITH ADDITIONAL / EXTRA PAY", if you really need the new e-passport.

Otherwise, you will have to wait until the crab blinks eye before getting it through the due process.
Are you already a way to bypass the system, na wuna be Nigeria problem. Why can't the simply enroll for the national ID and get his NIN?
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by OyinO: 8:27pm On Apr 30, 2019
Hediots!!! Always making things difficult for the ordinary Nigerians. If there was a God, or a God that cares, I would have asked him or her to punish them.
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by honestpoju: 8:53pm On Apr 30, 2019
TroubleMaker47:
It is actually free
No it's not. They usually charge N500
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by 113Abaeze165: 9:01pm On Apr 30, 2019
Oh well

Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Brownhypo: 9:06pm On Apr 30, 2019
Wettoid123:
#70k is d official price that does not mean #70k can give u d passport,,,the one they are presently doing is #18,500 official price but people are paying close to #35k!
so true. Now, people would pay more than 70k to obtain the new passport
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 30, 2019
Okoyeebows:
Autojosh don dey blog about Passports.

Hunger has made the dog start eating grass and the monkeys start hunting birds.
grin
Re: You Need A National Identification Number To Get The New International Passport by Brightest04(m): 9:59pm On Apr 30, 2019
Please don't believe the 70k price tag.It's over 100k,you must know this is Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

13 Things To Know About The Niger Bridge / 14-Year-Old Nigerian, Timothy Adeoye, Is Missing In London (Photos) / Men Collect Money To Carry People Across Flood In Badagry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.