Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World (44326 Views)

Reasons Why Finland’s Education System Is Dominating The World Stage. / Facts About Nigeria's "Poor" Education System That Will Make You Agree With ASUU / Kaduna Adopts Finland Education System; To Pay Teachers More – El-Rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 01, 2019
If you are a Finnish u are finished.....lol

1 Like

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by paddyofboss(m): 12:28pm On May 01, 2019
Just say they encourage laziness

1 Like

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 12:28pm On May 01, 2019
And one will be wondering why majority of Nigerians are bastards! Check the number of viewers of this insightful thread and compare it to Regina Daniels' own. Very stupid nation.

14 Likes

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Olasunkanmiboss(f): 12:30pm On May 01, 2019
Mean while, we are forced to label cockroach and housefly (smh I don't know if labelling insects will make us superior or successful Dan others)

1 Like

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by kinmayor(m): 12:30pm On May 01, 2019
Wow!
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by vaxx2: 12:31pm On May 01, 2019
TheiSchooler:

Of course, not many realise these facts. In terms of education, Finland sets the pace.
Singapore come very close.
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Monoplik: 12:31pm On May 01, 2019
Jamb still dey think to release result here grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 01, 2019
tactius:
That is what Mallam El-Rufai...love him or hate him...wanted for Kaduna state...

But Teachers Unions stopped him...because of jobs.

The sad thing about Nigeria...try to remove deadwood...and everyone would be crying about how wicked the leadership is to be depriving people of their livelihood....

Or why should a teacher that cannot pass a Primary 4 exam be allowed to stay on the job?

Nigeria!
Not just the union but many Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by BluntBoy(m): 12:32pm On May 01, 2019
In Nigeria, teachers are not only poorly paid but are also looked down upon by parents.

In Nigeria, many schools don't even have playgrounds. Do they think schooling is all about books and unnecessary amounts of home works?

In Nigeria, you will find teachers using science textbooks written in the 1950s. We are talking about textbooks that were published before the advent of colored TVs.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by greatermeme: 12:32pm On May 01, 2019
TheiSchooler:

Of course, not many realise these facts. In terms of education, Finland sets the pace.
The sun there sets by 11 PM. But rises by 3.35 AM.
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 01, 2019
asuustrike1:

Not just the union but many Nigerians

And it is sad.

The truth is, our public education system in Nigeria is in crisis.

Nigerians complain about that...yet any attempt to fix the system is met with resistance by the complaining Nigerians

Okay....
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by MrCuteking(m): 12:34pm On May 01, 2019
Funny enough Finland uses Euro. Which makes real sense.
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 01, 2019
tactius:

And it is sad.

The truth is, our public education system in Nigeria is in crisis.

Nigerians complain about that...yet any attempt to fix the system is met with resistance by the complaining Nigerians

Okay....
Exactly!
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by greatermeme: 12:35pm On May 01, 2019
R2bees:
If you are a Finnish u are finished.....lol
If you're a Nigerian living in Nigeria without cash, you're DOOMED!

2 Likes

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by vaxx2: 12:35pm On May 01, 2019
Baawaa:

But here our politicians build private schools with our monies,and destroyed the government schools so their schools can get students
There is private university in Finland too. And Finnish citizens consider it the best.

4 Likes

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Godfullsam(m): 12:37pm On May 01, 2019
superior1:
Long story short

Finland invest on her education system while countries like Nigeria abandon theirs

GBAM!

you hit it in the head.

1 Like

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 01, 2019
greatermeme:
If you're a Nigerian living in Nigeria without cash, you're DOOMED!
Hope u are aware i didn't mean what i said, was just playing on words

1 Like

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 01, 2019
BluntBoy:
In Nigeria, teachers are not only poorly paid but are also looked down upon by parents.

In Nigeria, many schools don't even have playgrounds. Do they think schooling is all about books and unnecessary amounts of home works?

In Nigeria, you will find teachers using science textbooks written in the 1950s. We are talking about textbooks that were published before the advent of colored TVs.

That's true.

But the truth is, schools are poorly funded because in the 1960's and 70's, government built a lot of them, and to add to the palaver, government took over Missionary schools.

At the same time, the policy of free and cheap education came into play.

The result...today we are sustaining hundreds of schools, primary, secondary and university on a budget of 900bn naira...ie 2 billion dollars. Meanwhile, New York State, USA (NOT the town, the state)...is spending 35.7 billion on education.

That's why we have teachers and students using ancient books and desks and methods...it's what we can pay for.

Of course...increasing fees would lead to riots. Handing over schools back to missionaries and//or private bodies....riots.

You cannot pay N200 for a car costing N8million

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by elizabethg: 12:41pm On May 01, 2019
While Naija edu system still runs like we are in 60s If you like xploit comedy videos..
See here - https://muguvideos.com/collection/10/videos/Xploit%20Comedy%20Videos
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by remiotega: 12:42pm On May 01, 2019
A private tutor is needed at Ikoyi Lagos to teach History, Geography and French.

Wednesdays and Fridays.
4:30pm to 6;30pm.

You will be interviewed and tested on the stated subjects .Interested and qualified candidates should WhatsApp 08160903487.
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Naijageak(m): 12:43pm On May 01, 2019
Can we apply this to our educational system on Africa?

«""""""""""""'""""""'''''"""""

Get solutions to men related problems.
Check my signature below on cure to
weak erection,
premature ejaculation
lack of sexual urge
low sperm count
permanent cure to staph and some other infections.

Please note that this is purely herbal.

HAPPY NEW MONTH TO YOU ALL
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by JerryJJZ(m): 12:43pm On May 01, 2019
Allow a typical Nigerian child more time to play and he becomes idle and do the unthinkable. In Nigeria philosophy, you must read and read and read.
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by zevous: 12:45pm On May 01, 2019
remiotega:
A private tutor is needed at Ikoyi Lagos to teach History, Geography and French.

Wednesdays and Fridays.
4:30pm to 6;30pm.

You will be interviewed and tested on the stated subjects .Interested and qualified candidates should WhatsApp 08160903487.

This is the kind of problem we have in the educational sector.. Imagine 1 tutor teaching french, geography and history.. just one person and you expect to impact knowledge..SMH. I give up

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by olapluto(m): 12:46pm On May 01, 2019
Liberal kids learn more and are taught independence from a very early age. I live close to Finland, and my daughter starts learning at age 6. I was not happy with this because at 4, she seems to be behind whenever we visit Nigeria.
However, what she excels at, some adults in Nigeria cannot match her. She developed interest in computers and electronics from age 2. Today, she can effectively navigate her way round most electronics at home with no formal training. Also, amazingly, she is able to put words together to make meaning, even with Yoruba language she hears us speak.

I think in Nigeria, we are living in 18th century with our bodmas educational system. I must also confess that I cannot bear to see my daughter at 4 years unable to write numbers 1-10, so I do evening classes for her at home. When she gets to 6 years, she can learn more in school.

10 Likes

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Guest911: 12:47pm On May 01, 2019
Lighthammer:
Our gworo munching and kunu guzzling lifeless dullard interest lies with his gay and uproductive cows
What difference have you made in your life, typical lazy modafucka blaming every living thing and waiting for miracle like a retard.
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Guest911: 12:49pm On May 01, 2019
zevous:

This is the kind of problem we have in the educational sector.. Imagine 1 tutor teaching french, geography and history.. just one person and you expect to impact knowledge..SMH. I give up
and those subjects are not even related.

1 Like

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Codes151(m): 12:49pm On May 01, 2019
Visa advise please
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Acidosis(m): 12:52pm On May 01, 2019
Xisnin:
I disagree with any ranking that fails to measure real life results/ouputs.

There is no evidence that the products of the Finnish educational institutions fair better
than comparable western countries when the population is factored in.

what other results/outputs do you want?

You want a report that will highlight the number of first class products Finland produces in year?

You want metrics that add no real value to the society?

In 2015, Finland was ranked first in the World Human Capital

The most stable country in the world during 2011–2016 in the Fragile States Index

It also ranked first on the World Happiness Report report for 2018 and 2019
Source: Wiki

What other results do you want? The above for me is better than the entire first class certificates Nigerian universities have ever produced.
If our education cannot cause a revolution or, at least, teach us to elect sensible leaders, then it is USELESS.

The current system teaches us how to slave for peanuts and become dummies even in the face of political and economic persecution.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by justli: 12:52pm On May 01, 2019
Finland has the best educational system, yet every ground breaking advancement in tech and engineering is has been done by Americans.

Maybe they should start by telling us the number of Nobel Laureates that the country produce. Even small country like Israel Trump them in every front.
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by greatermeme: 12:53pm On May 01, 2019
R2bees:
Hope u are aware i didn't mean what i said, was just playing on words
Did I tell you I was corroborating your comment? Far from it! Nigerians are always optimistic about the future of the country! When you make any pessimistic comment, they castigate you! Una never tire for the useless country? Look at what happened in Sudan: A woman led a protest that subsequently ousted the almighty Omar Bashir ! Look at what is happening in Venezuela! I intend to organise a protest! I need about 1000 people to complement my effort! Are you in or not!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Olatundeawo(m): 12:53pm On May 01, 2019
There currency u no fit compare am with naija, we are more than times 15 there population

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Words That Sound Like Opposite But Are Actually Synonyms / FUTMINNA Lecturer Give Empty Hall A Test As He Resumes 2023 To An Empty Class / My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.