Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,521 members, 7,812,628 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians (14941 Views)

Nigerian Man Blast Church Members For Holding Service During Work Hours (Vid) / Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' / Carbon Pricing 'essential' To Stem Global Warming, Pope Tells Energy Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by damiloladuke: 5:47pm On May 01, 2019
Head of the Roman Catholic Church, Pope Francis, has cautioned hairdressers, hairstylists and beauticians to stop the act of gossiping while performing their duties.

He made the statement in a meeting he had with a group of hairstylists, beauticians and hairdressers at the head of the Roman Catholic Church.

Pope Francis advised the beauty industry workers to desist from chattering and work according to their Christianity beliefs.
The pontiff told the gathering:

“Practice your profession in a Christian style, treating customers with kindness and courtesy, offering them a good word and encouragement”.
“And avoid succumbing to the temptation of chatter which is easily associated with your field of work.”
“Each of you, in your professional work, can always act with righteousness, thus making a positive contribution to the common good of society.”

During the meeting at the Vatican, the Pope advised the group of 230 pilgrims to follow their patron Saint Martino de Porres (1579-1639), canonised in 1966 by his predecessor Paul VI. St. Martino de Porres was canonised for his supposed miracles of levitation, being in two places at once, instant cures and communicating with animals.

Porres is also the patron saint of mixed-race people.

In 2015, the pontiff opened a hairdressing salon in the Vatican for the homeless people of Rome.

It is open on Mondays, when other barbers are closed, and is staffed by volunteers.

The salon service, paid for by donations and the sale of papal blessings, was the idea of the Pope’s chief alms-giver, Monsignor Konrad Krajewski.

He was moved to act after a homeless man turned down an invitation to dinner at the Vatican because he was embarrassed about his smell, Daily Mail reports.

At the opening in 2015 each ‘homeless pilgrim’ received a kit including a towel, change of underwear, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, razor and shaving cream.

https://lailasnews.com/stop-gossiping-during-work-pope-tells-hairdressers-and-beauticians/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by Follygunners: 8:08pm On May 01, 2019
The Pope should rather advise his fellow Bishops to stop raping young boys... angry

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by busky101(m): 8:09pm On May 01, 2019
Thought it was only in Hafrica

11 Likes

Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by Firstorderwizard(m): 8:10pm On May 01, 2019
Good advice

4 Likes

Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by Rubbiish(m): 8:10pm On May 01, 2019
Lol
Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 01, 2019
Even here in nigeria you will hear the latest gist from a hair dresser salon.
Esp unisex salon.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by wunmi590(m): 8:10pm On May 01, 2019
Gossiping is every human being culture at work.

I am a Catholic and I gossip at work, when am less busy and I know people will do the same for me too.

That's life, you cant take the gossip away from work environment, most especially in Nigeria work system, where gossiping about people is a way of easying off the stress of the morning hustle you did before getting bus to your office grin

2 Likes

Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by Denique(f): 8:10pm On May 01, 2019
Hair Dressers

Dem gossip nor be here grin

22 Likes

Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by Suelove(f): 8:10pm On May 01, 2019
Hairdressers and gossip

6 Likes

Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 01, 2019
So true, especially hairdressers, argh those people can gossip ehn, the way they will describing anybody that passes through their shop will even surprise you and you'll be scared of leaving their shop when you're done because once you leave, na to table your matter grin

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:11pm On May 01, 2019
Hope they listen....and that goes for every other occupation!

5 Likes

Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by Bojack(m): 8:11pm On May 01, 2019
abeg tell them
Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by Bojack(m): 8:11pm On May 01, 2019
Dem no go hear
Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by eDoctorr(m): 8:12pm On May 01, 2019
Pope must have visited Nigeria salons.

15 Likes

Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by Philinho(m): 8:13pm On May 01, 2019
Good advice... Even though it will be hard to do
Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by Peters1234: 8:13pm On May 01, 2019
That's good from the Pope. We pray they listen
Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by Toks2008(m): 8:14pm On May 01, 2019

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by Deborachi(f): 8:14pm On May 01, 2019
Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by MChaze25(m): 8:18pm On May 01, 2019
Gossip is evil. its even in the bible. I know how to deal with such people when i see them. I simply shut them down

1 Like

Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by anambraamaka: 8:18pm On May 01, 2019
Papa

1 Like

Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by Amuocha: 8:20pm On May 01, 2019
Lagos based hairdressers association must hear this
Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by erica212: 8:21pm On May 01, 2019
those hairdresser no fit hear
Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by melanch(m): 8:22pm On May 01, 2019
Had a hairdresser girlfriend few years ago. She will come back and still want me to gossip with her about who's dating who and who dumped who in my street. I thank God for my brain; I can pretend listening to you while I'm thinking of how to make money. grin

I design great websites starting from 25k. Whatsapp or call 07085013051 or visit my site www.rankhigh.com.ng

1 Like

Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by paix(m): 8:23pm On May 01, 2019
If gossiping is removed from the hairdressers, I bet you it will be boring for the customer.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by Okoyeebows: 8:27pm On May 01, 2019
It is easy to caution the hairdressers against gossiping but you can't caution Bishops and even a Cardinal against gay rape of young boys and other paedophilic acts.

Catholicism needs someone to wield the big stick against these devils in cassock and not a sugar daddy loved for quenching fire for outsiders while his own home is being destroyed.
Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by julioralph(m): 8:28pm On May 01, 2019
Very good advice.
Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by Authoreety: 8:28pm On May 01, 2019
Thought it was only in Nigeria or Africa ooo

3 Likes

Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by czarina(f): 8:30pm On May 01, 2019
cry Pope wants us to stop going to saloons abi?

Gossip is the spice of every hair salon and tailor shop.

5 Likes

Re: Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 01, 2019
Ah, this papal advice will fall on deaf ears o. Especially for Nigerian hairdressers. Gossiping in the line of duty is deeply engrained in their DNA.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British / Share Your Testimony Of Year 2019 / Is This The Future? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.