Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' (25322 Views)

Transgender People Can Be Baptized Catholic, Serve As Godparents, Vatican Says / God Loves Muslims More Than Christians - Reno Omokri (Video) / Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Holiness2100: 3:00pm On Aug 05, 2023
TRANSGENDER: God loves you are you are, pope says

Pope Francis has told a young transgender person that "God loves us as we are", his latest outreach gesture towards the LGBT community.

His comments, released by Vatican media on Tuesday, were in a podcast in which Francis listened and responded to audio messages from young people ahead of aย Catholic youth festivalย which he will attend in Portugal next week

One of the young people was Giona, an Italian in their early 20s who said they were "torn by the dichotomy between (their Catholic) faith and transgender identity".

Francis replied that "the Lord always walks with us ... Even if we are sinners, he draws near to help us. The Lord loves us as we are, this is God's crazy love."

The Catholic Church teaches that members of the LGBT community should be treated with respect, compassion and sensitivity, and their human rights respected.

Whether the Church can and should be more welcoming towards LGBT people, for example by offering blessings for same-sex unions, is a particularly sensitive topic.

Francis has famously said "who am I to judge" in an answer to a question specifically about homosexuals, and has condemned laws criminalising members of the LGBT community as aย sin and an injustice.

At the same time, the 86-year-old pontiff has reaffirmed that marriage can only be understood as a life-long union between a man and a woman. He backs civil laws giving same-sex couples rights in bureaucratic matters such as pensions and health care.

Conservatives have contested Francis' more welcoming and less judgmental attitude towards the LGBT community, although he consistently refers to traditional Catholic teaching that says same-sex attraction is not sinful but same-sex acts are.

An upcomingย world summit of bishops, due to convene this October and in 2024, is expected to discuss the Church's stance towards LGBT people, women and Catholics who have divorced and remarried outside the Church.

https://www.reuters.com/world/pope-tells-transgender-person-god-loves-us-we-are-2023-07-25/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by TemplarLandry: 3:01pm On Aug 05, 2023
cool
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by talented321: 3:03pm On Aug 05, 2023
Traditional worship is the black man belief'' while christianity is a white man belief'' there is nothing new here, u are the one just forcing urself with other people's belief. Anytime a christian tell me about hell fire'' i just shake my head and pity him/her

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Righteousness2(m): 3:04pm On Aug 05, 2023
Revelation 3:15-16
I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

No matter the title, position or Whatever claims to be, beware of anyone who tries to meddle with sin or who tries to be neither here nor there in matter that pertains to your place in Eternity.
Such a person is packafaging you to Hell.

Listen! GOD ALMIGHTY is Loving, Merciful, kind, awesome and good. But this Great Being of Heaven is Holy. His eyes are too pure to pamper or behold iniquity.

Infact, God is angry with the wicked everyday.
Don't let anyone pamper you in your evil, wickedness or iniquity. That evil will destroy you in Hell.

If you are engaged in such wickedness, run to JESUS Christ. Repent from such wi ked anomination and Call JESUS Christ to save and deliver you.

119 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by datola: 3:24pm On Aug 05, 2023
Hmmm...
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by horgarzer(m): 3:24pm On Aug 05, 2023
Good
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Mitsurugi(m): 3:24pm On Aug 05, 2023
angry
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by MrsTwrite(f): 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2023
Tell them to follow the right path of life, to repent!

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by jeff1607(m): 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2023
Righteousness2:
I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

No matter the title, position or Whatever claims to be, beware of anyone who tries to meddle with sin or who tries to be neither here nor there in matter that pertains to your place in Eternity.

Listen! GOD ALMIGHTY is Loving, Merciful, kind, awesome and good. But this Great Being of Heaven is Holy. His eyes are too pure to pamper or behold iniquity.

Don't let anyone pamper you in your evil, wickedness or iniquity. That evil will destroy you in Hell.

If you are engaged in such wickedness, run to JESUS Christ. Repent from such wi ked anomination and Call JESUS Christ to save and deliver you.

You know the bible more than the people who have you access to the book?

For him not to totally condemn them means there's something we don't know or the contents of the remainder books

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Cybertroll: 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2023
Excellent! God loves all.

If God were to forgive everyone, including gay and trans people, on judgement day, most Nigeria christians would be miserable. undecided

Frustrated scumbags

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Dexy4yah(m): 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2023
Anything that is contrary to the bible i don't subscribe to it.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Nahunger(m): 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2023
grin
Wowu, na so devil take turn pope

17 Likes

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by harmargedon: 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2023
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ living the Roman dreams of sexual culture. Nothing is new here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by BigBlackPreek(m): 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2023
The love of God is the greatest of all, even greater than that of our parents and siblings

AllahuAkbar!!!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Ancecoker(m): 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2023
grin
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Bonapart(m): 3:26pm On Aug 05, 2023
He is lying. God love us but not as we are. "come out from among them and be ye separate". Homosexuals are into what the Bible described as an abomination. God word over all

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Triangles1(m): 3:26pm On Aug 05, 2023
Yes
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by ecolime(m): 3:26pm On Aug 05, 2023
I won't be surprised if this Pope is gay.

It's like he reads his own bible upside down.

Always wanna act Politically correct. Pope Francis, you can choose to go to hell but don't take your millions of followers with you.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by CannibalTorment: 3:26pm On Aug 05, 2023
Antichrist might arise from Catholics congregation

27 Likes

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by SoliBayNG: 3:26pm On Aug 05, 2023
We know.... But does he support it, and encourages it, that's the question

3 Likes

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Dtruthspeaker: 3:26pm On Aug 05, 2023
Whatelse will devil say before?

2 Likes

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Dozie32(m): 3:26pm On Aug 05, 2023
A piece of an advice
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Dtruthspeaker: 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2023
Nahunger:
grin
Wowu, na so devil take turn pope

Na so o.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Salary: 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2023

**The pope doesn't know nothin'...

5 Likes

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by negaiyke: 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2023
God does Truly Love us as a Human.... But dont get it twisted,

He Hates what we are at Times

6 Likes

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Triangles1(m): 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2023
Righteousness2:

Joining/Accepting people opinion doesn't mean you agree with them but some time let people opinion count as part of freedom.

Jesus see from sinner perspective before he take over their heart.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Dtruthspeaker: 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2023
jeff1607:

You know the bible more than the people who have you access to the book?

For him not to totally condemn them means there's something we don't know or the contents of the remainder books

Belzebub will never condemn Belzebub.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Angelfrost(m): 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2023
Catholic and Anglican churches are trying so hard to stay Politically correct.

This is where Islam differs considerably... They don't bend for any reason whatsoever.

12 Likes

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by spiSeyi: 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2023
Thou shalt not judge but every Bible reader knew that God hates homo. If God can destroy Sodom&Gomorah bcs of homo which tells us how sinful it's to be homo. God is not pleased with homo. This pope is s*tanic undecided

10 Likes

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by visijo(m): 3:29pm On Aug 05, 2023
Some lips are only good at cooling tea and giving directions. Not kissing๐Ÿ˜‚

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Prophet Tommy Yisa Aika Wants N750k To Pray For Super Eagles To Win World Cup / Did Allah Help The Spread Of Christianity? / Always Thinking Of Sex, Sport Bet Among Others, How Do I Stay Focused In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.