Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report (5392 Views)

Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report / Samsung Leads In 5G Smartphones In Q1 2020 / Samsung Still Tops Despite Decline In Smartphone Sales (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by Ravon: 2:25pm On May 02, 2019
According to the latest research from Strategy Analytics, global smartphone shipments fell 4 percent annually to reach 330 million units in Q1 2019. Global smartphone shipments are showing signs of stabilizing and the outlook is improving for later this year. Samsung maintained first position with 22 per cent global smartphone market share in the first quarter of 2019, staying ahead of Huawei in second, followed by Apple in third place.

Linda Sui, Director at Strategy Analytics, said, “Global smartphone shipments dipped 4 percent annually from 345.4 million units in Q1 2018 to 330.4 million in Q1 2019. The global smartphone market has declined again on an annual basis, but the fall was less severe than before, and this was the industry’s best performance for three quarters. Global smartphone shipments are finally showing signs of stabilizing, due to relatively improved demand in major markets like China. The outlook for later this year is improving.”

Neil Mawston, Executive Director at Strategy Analytics, added, “Samsung shipped 71.8 million smartphones worldwide in Q1 2019, dipping 8 percent annually from 78.2 million units in Q1 2018. Samsung remains the world’s number one smartphone vendor, but it is coming under growing pressure from Huawei, who has a larger presence in the huge China market. Huawei surged 50 percent annually and outgrew all major rivals to ship 59.1 million smartphones worldwide during Q1 2019, up from 39.3 million in Q1 2018. Huawei captured a record 18 percent global smartphone market share in Q1 2019. Huawei is closing in on Samsung and streaking ahead of Apple, due to its strong presence across China, Western Europe and Africa.”

Woody Oh, Director at Strategy Analytics, added, “Apple iPhone shipped 43.1 million units to capture 13 percent global smartphone market share in Q1 2019, dipping from 15 percent a year ago. Apple lost ground in China during the quarter and is struggling to make headway in price-sensitive India. However, decent price cuts in China and India during recent weeks indicate the iPhone will bounce back slightly in those two countries in the next quarter.”

Linda Sui, Director at Strategy Analytics, added, “Xiaomi returned to fourth place, capturing 8 percent global smartphone market share in Q1 2019, broadly at the same level from a year ago. Xiaomi is very strong in India, but it is struggling in China. OPPO held the fifth position with 8 percent global smartphone market share during the quarter, rising from 7 percent a year earlier. OPPO is now expanding hard into Western Europe, with new models like the Reno 5G, and this should help OPPO’s worldwide presence to improve in the coming months.”

Exhibit 1: Global Smartphone Vendor Shipments and Marketshare in Q1 2019

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/05/02/global-smartphone-sales-down-4-in-q1-to-330-million-report/

Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 02, 2019
Buhari don make Nigerians stop dey use phone. The ones wey still dey use no see money buy airtime... How global sales no go fall??

Buhari na recession. #US #UK #FBI #DIA #UN #CIA #BBB make una take note

1 Like

Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by mubby4real(m): 2:57pm On May 02, 2019
The guy above me wetin do Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 02, 2019
Ftc grin grin

1 Like

Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by CarGuidNG: 2:58pm On May 02, 2019
Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by MyGeneration(m): 2:59pm On May 02, 2019
The market has become saturated and highly competitive especially in Africa where the smart phone market is open to everybody selling anything he can think of

1 Like

Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by Topmaike007(m): 3:00pm On May 02, 2019
BlacSmit:
Buhari
they call something global you're mentioning Buhari, Biko take it easy snipper is real oo

7 Likes

Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by donaldde2: 3:02pm On May 02, 2019
Weirdo567:
Ftc grin grin

Continue fighting for FCT dia.. and meanwhile u are not FCT O. Try next time shocked

1 Like

Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by sureteeboy(m): 3:02pm On May 02, 2019
Wow. It's good to see Xiaomi on the list though. Those guys are bridging the gap between performance and affordability.

High quality 32GB sd cards available for sale at 3k per piece.
Check out the impressive read and write speed. Location is Abeokuta

1 Like

Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by Topmaike007(m): 3:02pm On May 02, 2019
You mean tecno is not their, Huawei have been making me proud since the days of John the Baptist

4 Likes

Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by TroubleMaker47(m): 3:02pm On May 02, 2019
Nokia and BB has joined "Others"

2 Likes

Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by MykinsMcCoy(m): 3:08pm On May 02, 2019
embarassedOPPO dropped to the fifth... We're coming back stronger in the next quarter... if you're on the island, check my siggy to get Quality OPPO phones.
F11 Pro to the World
Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:10pm On May 02, 2019
BlacSmit:
Buhari don make Nigerians stop dey use phone. The ones wey still dey use no see money buy airtime... How global sales no go fall??

you obsessed with buhari cheesy
Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by omoadeleye(m): 3:10pm On May 02, 2019
This is all because i stopped shipping phones for some while, uhm, so they are monitoring my transactions
Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by AkataYeriYeri: 3:12pm On May 02, 2019
Topmaike007:
they call something global you're mentioning Buhari, Biko take it easy snipper is real oo
Some people will still run mad because of Buhari grin

1 Like

Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by Carlyboi(m): 3:27pm On May 02, 2019
Well my three faves are up there it’s either iPhone Samsung or Huawei for me as of Now and maybe maybe Nokia android but.....don’t care bout anything else dos Xi shit and the naija Chinese shii don’t work for me!
Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by Sirpaul(m): 3:32pm On May 02, 2019
people no see money chop
Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by Topmaike007(m): 3:40pm On May 02, 2019
AkataYeriYeri:

Some people will still run mad because of Buhari grin
na wa for our people
Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by Frezhkid10(m): 3:41pm On May 02, 2019
Nah wah ooo...people Dy vex with all these betting advertisers ooo..just saw 1..reloaded again and the ad is no more there..
Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by unitysheart(m): 3:46pm On May 02, 2019
Huawei gained more even with the US witchhunt. I'm rocking my Huawei Y9 2019.

3 Likes

Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by bigdot1759(m): 3:53pm On May 02, 2019
Huawei don fire apple to 3rd..... Chai
Wey all dis apple fan boys
Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by Ijaya123: 4:01pm On May 02, 2019
BlacSmit:

I'm pretty sure Buhari is the reason you're still breathing.
Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by kronos1: 4:22pm On May 02, 2019
Who cares, Silently enjoying my umidigi.
Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by donbenie(m): 4:36pm On May 02, 2019
Carlyboi:
Well my three faves are up there it’s either iPhone Samsung or Huawei for me as of Now and maybe maybe Nokia android but.....don’t care bout anything else dos Xi shit and the naija Chinese shii don’t work for me!
Your Cup of tea.. kiss
Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by fineboynl(m): 4:40pm On May 02, 2019
there have not been new invention. only recycled invention. until a new invention happened in the smartphone world. they will continue to be a decline in sales.

1 Like

Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by Kingspin(m): 4:52pm On May 02, 2019
Its suppose to, na food people need not phones.

Moreover, the market is already saturated as more people are using their phone longer.

And secondly, innovations in phones has dropped too as producer results to rec-lying same phones over the years esp. China.

3year is enough for an average person to change phone. My next phone should come with 5G.
Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by twosquare(m): 5:07pm On May 02, 2019
Too much of churning out smartphones within a short period that people can't even keep up. Everything now is repackaging. Nothing new...2 years gap should be made compulsory for them all. They are burn out sef.
Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by Carlyboi(m): 5:12pm On May 02, 2019
G
donbenie:
Your Cup of tea.. kiss
Abi na!my damn cup of caffe latte
Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 02, 2019
Topmaike007:
You mean tecno is not their, Huawei have been making me proud since the days of John the Baptist
When we tell them, tecno fans go wan chop us raw #HuaweiRocks
Re: Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 02, 2019
Frezhkid10:
Nah wah ooo...people Dy vex with all these betting advertisers ooo..just saw 1..reloaded again and the ad is no more there..
na so, we will keep reporting their fraudulent activities

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Redmi Ohh God / Help: How To Activate Zain Mms / GLO Now Charges 9k/s As Against 5k/s.. Have Any One Noticed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.