Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report (1843 Views)

Huawei Overtakes Samsung, Apple And Others, Becomes Top Smartphone Vendor. / Global Smartphone Sales Down 4% In Q1 To 330 Million - Report / Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by seunfly: 4:12am On Jun 17, 2020
Despite US efforts to pressure Huawei, the Chinese tech giant has reportedly clinched the title of the world’s largest smartphone manufacturer in April, surpassing long-time leader Samsung.
For the first time ever, Huawei had a larger market share than its South Korean rival. The Vice President of Research at Counterpoint, Neil Shah, revealed to tech outlet Gizmochina that Huawei grabbed 19 percent of the market in April, while Samsung shipments were two percent lower over the same period.

It is unclear whether the trend persists till the end of the second quarter or further, as both companies’ sales declined due to the coronavirus pandemic. In the first three months of this year, the gap between the two companies amounted to three percent, with Huawei shipments standing at 17 percent and Samsung at 20 percent, according to Counterpoint Research data.

However, Huawei dominated the massive Chinese smartphone market in the first quarter of 2020, according to other research firm analysts. The rising share on the domestic market can be one of the factors of Huawei’s dominance, as the Chinese economy has been one of the first to reopen after the Covid-19 restrictions.

The advancement in Huawei’s shipments comes despite the company finding itself in the middle of trade and political tensions between Washington and Beijing. Last year, the firm ended up on the infamous Entity List that bars American businesses from dealing with Huawei unless they have government approval.

Washington has also been pressuring its allies to cut ties with Huawei, alleging that the company poses a security threat. In its latest action against the Chinese company, the US government has been attempting to thwart Huawei's access to semiconductor supplies.

https://www.rt.com/business/491863-huawei-top-smartphone-maker/amp/

Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by seunfly: 4:14am On Jun 17, 2020
All the tech wars only delays the eventuality which will happen sooner or later and it has finally happened.

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by Denovan: 5:05am On Jun 17, 2020
Huawei na baba cool , against all odds, congrats to them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by DenreleDave(m): 6:17am On Jun 17, 2020
Good bad news
Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by edoairways: 8:51am On Jun 17, 2020
That is good news
Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by abdul4new(m): 9:45am On Jun 17, 2020
I saw this coming, Samsung phones just like Apple phones are over price and a rip off
Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by seanwilliam(m): 9:57am On Jun 17, 2020
abdul4new:
I saw this coming,
Samsung phones just like Apple phones are over price and a rip off
imagine s9+ still selling over 100k

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by skywalker240(m): 10:53am On Jun 17, 2020
I love this
Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by Ay92(m): 11:47am On Jun 17, 2020
don't ever give up

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by Idiotmod: 12:05pm On Jun 17, 2020
abdul4new:
I saw this coming,
Comming from someone that can't develop an app. Apple is overpriced?

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by walesho(m): 3:30pm On Jun 17, 2020
Most Huawei devices now dont have playstore or google services. As for me its either iPhone, Google Pixel or Samsung

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by Originality007: 3:46pm On Jun 17, 2020
walesho:
Most Huawei devices now dont have playstore or google services. As for me its either iPhone, Google Pixel or Samsung

dont mind the Op,

https://straitsresearch.com/blog/worlds-largest-top-10-smartphone-companies-in-2020
Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by popweezy(m): 3:55pm On Jun 17, 2020
That samsung and Huawei pictures you post contradicts this post @OP

Make we no lie, Samsung better pass Huawei well well

1 Like

Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by Mustiboy(m): 4:20pm On Jun 17, 2020
popweezy:

With what exactly?

It's best to stay silent if you don't know about something.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 17, 2020
abdul4new:
I saw this coming,

And Huawei phones are cheap? Even OnePlus have jerked up their price. Making phones is not cheap, when u are upcoming u sell ur phones for less to get customers. Once u are well known and at the top u start increasing ur price to recoup all the losses u made while coming up.

Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by Queenslander(f): 9:21pm On Jun 17, 2020
walesho:
Are you for real? Was actually planning on getting one this month.. I had one in the past!!
Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by Jung(m): 9:38pm On Jun 17, 2020
seanwilliam:
imagine s9+ still selling over 100k

They should give it to you for free abi? You love Samsung guy, you just can't afford it yet .... We understand.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by walesho(m): 3:47am On Jun 18, 2020
Queenslander:
Are you for real? Was actually planning on getting one this month.. I had one in the past!!

I will have love the Huawei P40 but no playstore or google services

1 Like

Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by Ifeanyi4491(m): 6:54am On Jun 18, 2020
Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by skywalker240(m): 7:12am On Jun 18, 2020
Ay92:
don't ever give up
You can say that again

America would be like this bird

1 Like

Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by bigiyaro(m): 7:21am On Jun 18, 2020
Idiotmod:

Comming from someone that can't develop a app. Apple is overpriced?
judging from the the cost of manufacturing a unit, its overpriced.
Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by Xpress24(m): 7:28am On Jun 18, 2020
Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by Idiotmod: 11:36am On Jun 18, 2020
bigiyaro:
judging from the the cost of manufacturing a unit, its overpriced.
What about the software they employed people to develop and update everytime
Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by Nefort: 12:26pm On Jun 18, 2020
popweezy:

You don't know what you are saying. Just because Samsung has been popular doesn't mean it's the best in quality. In my opinion I will choose Huawei before Samsung.
Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by Nefort: 12:32pm On Jun 18, 2020
Queenslander:
You can still use Google services from the browser. Huawei also has their own store where you can find all the popular apps. If a phone doesn't have Google services installed built in as an application it doesn't mean the phone is useless.

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by walesho(m): 2:30pm On Jun 18, 2020
Nefort:

You can still use Google services from the browser. Huawei also has their own store where you can find all the popular apps. If a phone doesn't have Google services installed built in as an application it doesn't mean the phone is useless.

Nothing like phone been fully android powered with Google playstore and service. Where by Google backups and other google stuff run flawlessly. You cant compare follow come with attached cheesy or Pitbull dog with a crossbreed Pitbull dog, they can never be the same. Its like running iOS on windows computer, it can never be like a MacBook.

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by Nefort: 5:08pm On Jun 18, 2020
walesho:

Nothing like phone been fully android powered with Google playstore and service. Where by Google backups and other google stuff run flawlessly. You cant compare follow come with attached cheesy or Pitbull dog with a crossbreed Pitbull dog, they can never be the same. Its like running iOS on windows computer, it can never be like a MacBook.
There are alternative ways to get around the lack of Google services embedded.

Phones comes with an inbuilt email client. You can put the Google mail settings and it becomes like the Gmail app.

The are cloud storage providers out there apart from Google.

Huawei has their own app store.

The problem is that you have gotten very used to Google services coming embedded so you will find it a little inconvenient assembling your own custom made Google services. Only the highly technical smartphone users wouldn't worry about the lack of Google services being embedded.

An advantage of the lack of Google services is that you would have extra memory space that wouldn't be occupied with other unnecessary Google Apps you don't need.

6 Likes

Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by walesho(m): 5:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
Nefort:

There are alternative ways to get around the lack of Google services embedded.

Phones comes with an inbuilt email client. You can put the Google mail settings and it becomes like the Gmail app.

The are cloud storage providers out there apart from Google.

Huawei has their own app store.

The problem is that you have gotten very used to Google services coming embedded so you will find it a little inconvenient assembling your own custom made Google services. Only the highly technical smartphone users wouldn't worry about the lack of Google services being embedded.

An advantage of the lack of Google services is that you would have extra memory space that wouldn't be occupied with other unnecessary Google Apps you don't need.

Maybe, i really enjoyed iOS and Google synchronization on devices though. You know the Google services has more features than just backup and downloading apps on playstore. But also with the FRP, find my phone, Google pay features etc
Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by Mintyguy(m): 5:56pm On Jun 18, 2020
Let me see what Trump has to say about this
Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by Caseless: 1:31pm On Jun 19, 2020
Good one!

I wish their rift with America continues so they'll 'jettison' Android and roll-out Hongmeng(harmony). I want to taste/test something different.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Overtakes Samsung As Top Global Smartphone Maker – Report by Ejadike(m): 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
Bad news for Samsung.

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Camon 15 Vs Huawei Y7p Speed And Camera Test / A Little Research 4rm Me! / Is Whatsapp Killing BBM?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.