Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,513 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Multilinks Extremely Poor Network - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Multilinks Extremely Poor Network (1739 Views)

Do You Experience Poor Network Few Days To Your BIS Expiration? / Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem / Multilinks 200naira Browsing Per Day: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multilinks Extremely Poor Network by mobileuser: 7:36pm On Jan 15, 2006
What is wrong with Multilinks? the quality of their network is so lousy. so many dropped calls. and their coverage is also very bad, especially inside buildings. i am seriously thinking of dropping multilinks and taking a starcomms line. my friends who recently took up starcomms are very happy, and they also do not charge access fees (multilinks just chops money every day & and their office is so crowded).

i also saw the new range of starcomms mobiles they launched in Jan 2006- really cool. really tempted to buy one.

i am also finding it difficult to get Multilinks cards easily, especially during weekends.
Re: Multilinks Extremely Poor Network by layi(m): 10:49pm On Jan 15, 2006
I use Starcomms. Its very good if u only need the voice service. But if u need the data service (internet access)..think twice. It could be fustrating at times. I cant access my yahoo mailbox in d day most times. Its that bad.
Re: Multilinks Extremely Poor Network by Seun(m): 12:04am On Jan 16, 2006
The quality of the Multilinks service is very location-dependent. If you live in Lagos you should have no problems whatsoever but outside Lagos you might have problems depending on how far you are from their clsest base station.

Yes, I agree with Layi that the Multilinks Internet service is much more reliable than that of Starcomms.
Re: Multilinks Extremely Poor Network by eliztoy(f): 3:23pm On Jan 16, 2006
i use starcomms both at home and in my office,it's reliable and very clear.i subscribed for the chat time internet service which is relatively fast.i even use my starcomms phone to connect international route and it's cool and cheap.i have an intercellular phone that i have to dump due to the poor network and frequent call drop.Try starcomms.
Re: Multilinks Extremely Poor Network by bogunbanjo(m): 11:31am On Jan 18, 2006
Multilinks is indeed awful, their coverage is partial hence it leads to difficulties in making/receiving calls and also a lot of call drops. You get yourself a Starcomms[color=#770077][/color] phone and see what you were missing; great coverage, virtually no call drops people as far awaya as Sango ota, Ota, Alakuko Alagbado, Mowe, Ibafo, Redeemed camp use the lines (I have met a few of these people when I went to renew my data account @ their service centre). Many PTOs claim to “Cover Lagos” but I think only Starcomms has lived up to that billing and they have also introduced the “Super turbo card” which is just like Booster card for GSM calls @ N17
Re: Multilinks Extremely Poor Network by qba: 2:10pm On Nov 09, 2008
i beg if u no like multilinks i need it how much una won sell am i need one if there is any available for sale grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of False Bonanza Notifications!, Wafi Boyz At Work / Unizik post ume result is out. / How Do I Crash My Stolen 5200 Nokia Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.