Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,205 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) (71963 Views)

Nigerian Man 'Snoop Awka' Mbanefo Shot Dead In South Africa (Photo) / Nare Prince Mphela, Transgender, Murdered In South Africa (Photo) / Dog Tied Up And Gang Raped In South Africa (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by supremenews: 1:32pm On May 03, 2019
@titiloyeblog.com

A young lady was reported killed in a brutal manner because of her weight. According to reports, the 27-year-old lady identified as Lindi Qhoma from South Africa was allegedly mocked about her weight by three thugs before one of them shot her in the face.

Bulelwa Qhoma (28) told Daily Sun her sister was often mocked for being fat.

“I know I am fat and I’m proud of it.” Those were apparently Lindi’s last words before she was brutally killed on Tuesday in Tshepisong, near Mogale City in South Africa.

After Lindi and her mum, Mpondo Qhoma had bought groceries, they went to catch a taxi from Tshepisong to their home in Slovoville, Soweto. Shocked Bulelwa said when they got into the taxi, three men ridiculed and insulted Lindi and said she was taking up too much space.

“Lindi told the men she was aware of her looks and didn’t see anything wrong with being fat,” said Bulelwa. “Then the men got angry and pulled out their guns.”

She said the driver tried to apologize on Lindi’s behalf.

“But that’s when the man sitting in front pulled out his gun and shot at her,” she said. “The first bullet missed her. The second hit her in the face. She died on the way to the hospital.”

Lindi leaves behind a son (9) and a daughter (7). Bulelwa said her mother collapsed after the incident and was taken to hospital.

Constable Mzwakhe Xazi said: “Dobsonville police have launched a manhunt for the three suspects following an incident where a 27-year-old woman was shot in the head.”

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/05/a-27-year-old-lady-killed-for-being-fat.html

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by phelonrays: 1:35pm On May 03, 2019
wicked men everywhere......
can't imagine what they have put her family into..
RIP aunty..

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by Fisiryorh(m): 2:11pm On May 03, 2019
If I say this killing don't hurt,I lie......the killers shall live till old age but never know peace every single day of their lives...they shall beg for death & would never see it...chai!!!...
Protect the living oh Lord, especially those that believe in You.Amen...

263 Likes 8 Shares

Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by meobizy(f): 2:18pm On May 03, 2019
How and why?
She likely rejected one of them in the past.

Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by GOLDENMAMA(f): 5:42pm On May 03, 2019
Where is the fat?

146 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 03, 2019
There's more to this story.
Is she the only fat person in South Africa?
The media gives you the headline you want to hear

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by Kentuforchrist(m): 5:42pm On May 03, 2019
O Lord what is africa turning into
May her soul rest in the bossom of the Lord

Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by Centcanada: 5:43pm On May 03, 2019
Sickness when day south Africa for long done day enter naija small small

Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by dantajay: 5:43pm On May 03, 2019
R I p
God have mercy on them
Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 03, 2019
Some people just find comfort in killing another human.

I just don't understand how they are able to sleep or live with that.

Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by OgbanjeProphet: 5:43pm On May 03, 2019
To be too fat is not a crime, and can never be a crime.
Nobody can be killed for being to fat abeg. She probably rejected their love advances and they killed her while mocking her body size. Stupid men.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by KidsNEXTdoor: 5:44pm On May 03, 2019
I don't believe this poo...

There is more to it

Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by goslowgoslow(m): 5:44pm On May 03, 2019
Fisiryorh:
If I say this killing don't hurt,I lie......the killers shall live till old age but never know peace every single day of their lives...they shall beg for death & would never see it...chai!!!...
Protect the living oh Lord, especially those that believe in You.Amen...
Aficans and curses!!! Instead of suggesting ways to aprehend the killers.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by grandstar(m): 5:44pm On May 03, 2019
Sad.

This is a warning to those who have trouble with bullies. Their aim is to hurt you and be on top.

Obviously, they didn't get that this time but rather the opposite and with their pride seriously injured, they chose to teach her a big lesson.

It's a shame that lesson meant death.

It's best to just keep silent

South Africa should do more to rid society of criminals and the attendant high crime rate

Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by janejive(f): 5:44pm On May 03, 2019
Besides she is not too fat, she is not even obese, wtf!

Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by PrincessJr(f): 5:44pm On May 03, 2019
Na wa o, wickedness everywhere!
Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by Timmypromise(m): 5:44pm On May 03, 2019
Someone should restart Africa.......
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by HitSong: 5:45pm On May 03, 2019
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

WONDERFOOOOL
Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by Kenmatt(m): 5:46pm On May 03, 2019
I am domb founded.
Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:46pm On May 03, 2019
Majority of South African girls are fat,therefore that cannot be a genuine reason why she was killed. There is more to this obviously..
Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by LowerPriceData0(m): 5:47pm On May 03, 2019
Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by TONYE001(m): 5:47pm On May 03, 2019
modestbrowser:
There's more to this story.
Is she the only fat person in South Africa?
The media gives you the headline you want to hear

Is there any reason that is valid to kill a lady?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by hisexcellency34: 5:47pm On May 03, 2019
Is this fat?
Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by TONYE001(m): 5:48pm On May 03, 2019
Sometimes, I wonder how people think. I just wonder.

Some folks are saying there's more to the story. My question is, is there any valid reason to kill someone....especially when you aren't under any threat to your own life?

I keep saying it. Our society treats our ladies poorly. They have been victimized enough. Sometimes I wonder what it feels like to be a woman.

So, to all those saying there could be more to this, kindly project the possible "more" that's big enough to take the life of this gentle lady.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by Houseofglam7(f): 5:48pm On May 03, 2019
Jeez!
OMG!
Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by Oovi5(f): 5:48pm On May 03, 2019
So disheartening to read this

Re: A 27-year-old Lady Killed For Being Fat In South Africa (photo) by MadCow1: 5:48pm On May 03, 2019
Huh? angry Just like that?

I swear South African Men are the most useless Men on the continent.

Man Shot Dead By Armed Robbers After Wife Flaunted Cash On Facebook. Photos / Soldier Beats & Disgraces A Lady For Indecent Dressing In Ogun State (Photo) / Ringleader Of Yahoo Plus Gang That Kidnapped, Killed DELSU Student Slumps, Dies