Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,833 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye (7484 Views)

Check Out Oge Okoye's Sporty New Look As She Step Out In Cavalli, Gucci & Prada / Chika Ike & Oge Okoye Given Chieftancy Titles In Enugu / Oge Okoye or Chioma Chukwuka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by queen2(f): 8:35pm On Jan 15, 2006
To all oge's fans.

Who is Oge Okoye?

Oge is a God- fearing young lady

who is loving and very quiet.

I can be very strict at times though.

I come from Nnewi in Anambra State and I studied Theatre Arts at Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka. I partly grew up in London and Enugu. I was actually living in Enugu before I moved to Lagos.

Acting

I started acting in 2001 shortly after I lost my father. I might say at this juncture that I and my father were very close. I don’t really want to talk about how he died and what he meant to me.

I was still in my second year when I started this career, I was playing minor roles then. But I hit it big as soon as I got to my third year. Since then, I have been going higher and higher. Combining my career and studies then was a tough one, both needed my attention at the same time. But I thank God that I was able to graduate and I made good grades in school as well.

How it started?
Well, I was still living in Enugu then. A friend of mine told me about an audition taking place in one hotel in Enugu. I didn’t really want to go but my friend convinced me and we went.

I got auditioned for the role, and I was picked. It was a very minor role where I had just six appearances. But the producer felt I did great. He more or less said he had the feeling I will go places. As such, the second movie, he called me up and I did well again. Then I got a role in Spanner, the popular comedy before I now got the lead role in Sister Mary.

The movies

I have feature in well over 40 movies since I joined the industry. I can tell you that I have not started at all. I still believe that I have more to offer and I know that I will go places.

It was Sister Mary that brought me to limelight, it was the bomb. The most challenging movie was Up To Me. I love that movie, I played a dual character. It was hard for me but I did it well and it came out well because so many people called me up and commended me. Black Bra was another good movie, it also shot me up in this industry.

I have passed the stage where I go for auditions. These days I just sit in my house, if you need me, just call me up.

Life as an actress

It has been cool being an actress. I love my job. I don’t see it as a difficult task. Yes, it is taking up my time, but I am not complaining because I love what I do. It has been very challenging though. In all things, I give thanks to God Almighty because He has made it all very possible for me to reach this height.

But heck, life as an actress can be very demanding. Take for one, my privacy is no longer there. There were things I could do before and get away with but definitely, I can’t even think of doing them now. I loved going to the market, I cannot try it now, the crowd will mob me!

Being in the public eye has not affected my personality though. I am an introvert, a very quiet person. I find it very difficult to make friends. Way back in school then, I had just two friends. We still keep in touch.

Fans

My fans are my friends. I do not have a problem with them. A lot of people want to identify with me. That is a good thing. I got to this stage because of the fans I have. Without them, I am nothing, there will not be Oge Okoye the actress. I moved up because my fans love me.

My pay check

Whatever is in my bank account is okay with me. I must confess that this profession has fattened my account.

The first big money I collected as an actress was N80, 000. The time I was paid the money, I was dazed. Oh my God! 80k?! All mine? What will I be doing with such money? I couldn’t believe it. However, I prayed that day to thank God and to tell Him to bless me more. He has been doing it anyway.

Embarrassing moment

I can say I have been embarrassed just once. I parked my car somewhere, I was walking down to the place I was going, all of a sudden, a woman just saw me and started cursing and abusing me.

It had to do with one movie I acted, Eagles Bride. I played the character of a very wicked girl. So the woman could not hide her annoyance. She kept on shouting and calling me a wicked girl.

People had to gather and explain to her that it was just a movie. She still wasn’t calm. Later on she said I should have been lenient in the movie.  grin grin grin

I was embarrassed, but I must confess, I enjoyed every bit of that scene (giggles). That goes to show that people actually take notice of my movies.

The media

I have not been truly hurt by the media except for once when one soft- sell magazine carried the rumour that I was married before and my marriage broke up. I have never been married in my entire life. There is no way I will get married and it will not be the talk of the town.

My mother got to hear of it. Actually, a friend of hers who read the stuff called her and asked her why I got married and my mother did not inform anybody. My mother was mad when she learnt that it was a magazine that carried the story. She wanted to call up the owners of the paper and harass them but I made her understand that actresses pass through such all the time.

My Vision

I will be married, have my kids and I will definitely go higher in my career within the next five years. That is my vision.

Nollywood versus Hollywood

We are not there yet, but given the opportunity, we will make an impact in Hollywood.

As for me, I believe that with much hard work I will get there. It is all about them giving us the opportunity to showcase our talents. They are just artists like us. There is nothing that says if we get there we will fumble.

Artists admired

I admire Olu Jacobs and Liz Benson. In short, I love them. I have had opportunities to work with them and they were very good to me. They are my people and they are just like family. They have gone a long way to motivate me in this industry.

Sex for roles

They say such things happen in the industry but I can categorically tell you that it is a lie. I have not been a victim, but why would a producer or director put his movie at stake by giving a lead role to a girl just for sex?

What if the girl finally messes the movie up? The producer will be a laughing stock and the movie will not be a success. If you are not good, you are not. There is no magic to that.

Strange and bizarre

It is true that some artist do live a fake life and do some extraordinary things when they become the so called stars, but that is not for me. I still remain the Oge that everybody knows way back.

About lesbianism in the industry, I hear of such but nobody has approached me to get into such rubbish with her. Tufiakwa!

The ‘toasters’

One thing with toasters is that they don’t know the right time to call a babe and toast her. Just check out this morning, I was still enjoying my beauty sleep when somebody, out of the blues called and woke me up from sleep. How can somebody be preaching love to me that early in the morning, it is simply not fair. I had to tell him to call me later that I was yet to wake up.

But I still appreciate these people. No matter what, it is not every lady that gets the attention that I get. It is not everybody who calls me that wants a relationship. I guess most of them call me because they like what I do.

My guy

I have a boyfriend. I am still praying concerning the relationship. I don’t know, but if it is God’s wish, we will be married.

He is not in Nigeria and I don’t think I want to date anybody in Nigeria.

That he is far away does not mean that I should have another boyfriend in Nigeria. Even with the ‘toasters’ that come my way, I am not in any way tempted to go for another guy. He is my man for now.

He trusts me and I trust him as well. He is not jealous over the attention I receive. He knows the kind of job I do and he knows that such attention comes with it.

My style

I am a jeans person. I always want to wear anything that keeps me comfortable and jeans and simple top usually do the trick. As for the tatoos on my body, you can call me a tatoo freak. In case you think I have these tatoos on the vital regions in my body, you will be disappointed. The tatoos are just on my ankle, my shoulder and my back where people will see them.

Cosmetic Surgery

God forbid bad thing! I have not done anything to any part of my body and I don’t see myself doing it. I doubt if I will ever do that. I am okay or what do you think?

Best asset

Woh! My butt! It is unbeatable![color=#770077][/color]

http://www.champion-newspapers.com/panache/teasers/article_2

yes, i know this is long!

Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by nike4luv(f): 8:54pm On Jan 15, 2006
nice interview, she done gud for herself!
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by Hotstepper(f): 4:37am On Jan 16, 2006
waoooo nice interview..shez ma home gurl ..NNEWI representing.......MAY UR FATHER SOUL REST IN PEACE@ OGE
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by snazzydawn(f): 1:35pm On Jan 16, 2006
which butt?hmmmm..... rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes you no carry bakassi o!!!
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by c0dec(m): 5:53pm On Jan 16, 2006
i can't see no butt. put the right picture up
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by hotangel2(f): 9:52pm On Jan 16, 2006
She's so real! I love her jo.

Yeah she kinda has a good butt. It's not big.. but it ain't small either.
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by Z4M4eva(f): 10:12pm On Jan 17, 2006
One thing is for sure....she sure is pretty and talented! smiley
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by queen2(f): 12:01am On Jan 18, 2006
hot-angel:

She's so real! I love her jo.

Yeah she kind of has a good butt. It's not big.. but it ain't small either.

yep its perfect, i really like her stature
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by hotangel2(f): 12:03am On Jan 18, 2006
I love oge
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by viviansam(f): 1:12pm On Jan 30, 2006
Oge is a talented actress and one who has remained cool headed despite her rise in the industry.Even in that interview, she remained cool and no unnecessary accolade to herself unlike most of her colleagues. she is equally beautiful and calm. I love mostly her sense of dressing and fashion. And her butts... they are really one to beat.. watch her and u will confirm her story. Her vision and dream will come true.... can we say Amen.. her fans.
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by eveseh(f): 4:34pm On Apr 18, 2006
she is very talented lady.
i like her
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by Z4M4eva(f): 9:04am On Apr 19, 2006
Yup. She is Kool.
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by eveseh(f): 11:43am On Apr 23, 2006
she's cool
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by kellorah: 10:10pm On Jul 11, 2006
na she sabi, i mean oge about her butt.
we need to see pic of her butt people.anyone!
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by eveseh(f): 10:15pm On Jul 11, 2006
she´s my girl,we look alike
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by kellorah: 10:15pm On Jul 11, 2006
for real? wink
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by kellorah: 10:17pm On Jul 11, 2006
i dont think i've watched any of her movies undecided
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by eveseh(f): 10:51pm On Jul 11, 2006
she make good movies
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by kellorah: 10:52pm On Jul 11, 2006
i bet she does seeing as u all like her and know her that much cool
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by eveseh(f): 10:53pm On Jul 11, 2006
yes ooooooooooooooo,i look too much like her grin
am a star,lol
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by eveseh(f): 10:54pm On Jul 11, 2006
kellorah:

for real? wink

yea she does,
am watching one of ya film now,africa face,with rita dominic and caroline ekanem
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by eveseh(f): 11:06pm On Jul 11, 2006
kellorah:

online?

Haha

i saw your pic on . that's you right? because you look like her(oge)

yes ooooooooooooooooo,i look like her ooooooooooooo,lol

no am not watching her film online,
i got da disc
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by kellorah: 11:07pm On Jul 11, 2006
cool
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by eveseh(f): 11:09pm On Jul 11, 2006
what's ya name?
u seem to be a nice girl

am eve
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by kellorah: 11:20pm On Jul 11, 2006
aw thnx i'm lipsrsealed
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by kellorah: 11:20pm On Jul 11, 2006
eveseh:

am eve
nice name u got
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by Oracle(m): 3:28am On Jul 12, 2006
People are showing a lot of things, so what she has to show is her butt.
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by eveseh(f): 5:15am On Jul 12, 2006
kellorah:

aw thnx i'm debra

ooh,i like ya name nice name too
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by Seun(m): 7:14pm On Jan 25, 2007
Moved to Celebs section.
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by Mamawa(f): 1:45pm On Jan 29, 2007
nice babe
Re: My Butts Are Simply Unbeatable Says Oge Okoye by Ameena(f): 6:32pm On Jan 31, 2007
Yeah rite!!! She's got a nice figure thou, Cant take dat away frm her

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture: Dbanj, Psquare, Iyanya, Jim Iyke,ikechukwu, C.ronaldo As They Stand / Beyonce's Shape, Dayum! / SCANDAL: Kenyan Socialite, Pendo, Alleges She Had Sexx With Davido; He Denies It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.