Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Hello House How Lucrative Is Storage Business? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hello House How Lucrative Is Storage Business? (1132 Views)

Palm Oil Storage Business Investment (buying & Selling) In Nigeria. / The Hidden Profit In Storage Business / Insights On Storage Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hello House How Lucrative Is Storage Business? by kalvoken(m): 11:36pm On May 03, 2019
I intend to venture into storage of farm produce/product, but I have no idea about it. Though I have people who have been doing the business for long, I still wish to know more about it. To know if it's worth the risk.

Please your opinion is needed if you have done the business before. Keeping money in the bank is riskier and meaninless as they only debit you at every giving chance than to add interest to your money.
Re: Hello House How Lucrative Is Storage Business? by kalvoken(m): 11:39pm On May 03, 2019
I have no particular produce in mind, so if you are suggesting any one in particular, you should also let us know the risk involved in it.

Thank you in addy

1 Like

Re: Hello House How Lucrative Is Storage Business? by shariff84: 7:17am On May 04, 2019
iam a farmer in niger state.therefore,i know alot about storage business.i will advice you to store agushi this year,you can buy it at very cheap price at 8k per bag in august and resell it at 20-30k later like this time.its also risk free product because it didnt spoil like that,like beans.
Re: Hello House How Lucrative Is Storage Business? by kalvoken(m): 1:02pm On May 04, 2019
shariff84:
iam a farmer in niger state.therefore,i know alot about storage business.i will advice you to store agushi this year,you can buy it at very cheap price at 8k per bag in august and resell it at 20-30k later like this time.its also risk free product because it didnt spoil like that,like beans.

I am based in Lagos and I plan to put in enough money in the business. So if I am to go by your idea, what are the things needed to store the commodity. Like in the case of RED OIL, it is drums that is commonly used.

I just need to know the necessary details because I plan to invest huge amount in the business
Re: Hello House How Lucrative Is Storage Business? by shariff84: 1:22pm On May 04, 2019
kalvoken:

I am based in Lagos and I plan to put in enough money in the business. So if I am to go by your idea, what are the things needed to store the commodity. Like in the case of RED OIL, it is drums that is commonly used.

I just need to know the necessary details because I plan to invest huge amount in the business
agusi is risk free storage business,you will only put it in a normal sack.thats all
Re: Hello House How Lucrative Is Storage Business? by Willie2015: 2:12pm On May 04, 2019
kalvoken:
I intend to venture into storage of farm produce/product, but I have no idea about it. Though I have people who have been doing the business for long, I still wish to know more about it. To know if it's worth the risk.

Please your opinion is needed if you have done the business before. Keeping money in the bank is riskier and meaninless as they only debit you at every giving chance than to add interest to your money.

Storage biz is simple ....
You buy during harvest period & store.... when price has crashed.
You sell when price increase....
Be prepared for the risk...
if price crashes below the purchase price...
Or if price remain stagnant.... for too long....
Egusi price may not move...most farmers are planting this season
Re: Hello House How Lucrative Is Storage Business? by kalvoken(m): 6:24am On May 05, 2019
Willie2015:

Storage biz is simple ....
You buy during harvest period & store.... when price has crashed.
You sell when price increase....
Be prepared for the risk...
if price crashes below the purchase price...
Or if price remain stagnant.... for too long....
Egusi price may not move...most farmers are planting this season

That egusi of a thing is giving me double mind. Reason's because just like maize, as it gets dried, so it reduces in quantity. Unlike oil that always remain the same.

I am thinking of starting with at least 50 drums of red oil. I just need something I would be selling off in 7 or 8 months time.
Re: Hello House How Lucrative Is Storage Business? by Rafaelbeulah: 7:41pm On May 05, 2019
kalvoken:

Egusi, yam

(1) (Reply)

Man Poses With The Tallest Cassava / See The Big Python Killed In My Farm Today / Nation Wide Registration Of Farmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.