Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included (16200 Views)

Imo Hotel Set Ablaze As Commercial Sex Worker Kills Customer / Osun: Amotekun Catches Gang Leader 'Shadow' Through A Commercial Sex Worker / My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by nigeriapenbase: 3:31pm On May 04, 2019
News By Nigeriapen.com.ng

About 59 commercial sex workers which included 43 girls and 16 men have been arrested by the Department of State Security (DSS) in Calabar.

Mr Ilupeju Adebayo, Director of DSS in Cross River, who briefed newsmen on Saturday in Calabar, said the girls were rounded up at 2:15 a.m Saturday morning at Peace Garden Hotel and Papsi Place along Murtala Mohammed highway.

Adebayo revealed that there was a cartel responsible for luring the girls and making them swear oaths of secrecy not to abscond or divulge information about the business.

“We got an intelligent report and swung into action, we have been on the matter for months. We discovered that the girls are mostly underage, mostly 13, 15, and 19 years of age.

“We also know that they were brought in by a cartel, deeply involved in the business of trafficking and using the girls as commercial sex workers.

“The girls then bring returns to them at the beginning or close of the week depending on their modus operandi.

“We have made some arrests including that of the owner of “Papsi place” a brothel that houses mostly underage girls who pay him N2,000 on week days and N4,000 at weekends as lodging fee. They operate from the hotel, to clubs were we arrested them stark naked.

“We have contacted the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons while investigations are ongoing until all those involved in the illicit trade are arrested and charged to court,’’ he said.

One of the girls, (name withheld) said that she was brought to Calabar from Rivers for a sales girl job but she ended up becoming a commercial sex worker.

“I was brought to Calabar through a friend who told me that I will be given a job as a sales girl. She took me to a lady who I only as Aunty Favour.

“They took me to a brothel at Atamu Street, Calabar South, from where I used to attend night clubs.

“I ran away and then they traced me and brought me back, they wanted to force me to take an oath but I objected and absconded again to meet my friend whom I came with to Calabar then.

“Aunty Favour came there with the boyfriend and some cult boys and beat me up. And told me that if I run they will kill me or I will die.

“So, I usually go to her house to make returns to her every week but I am not happy with the kind of work I am doing; it was never my intentions to do this, because my friend did not tell me that it was this kind of job,’’ she said.

One of the suspects, Mr Edem John, who was among the 16 men in custody and owner of Papsi’s Place, denied any wrong doing, claiming that he has been warning the underage girls not to come to his place for commercial sex.

Read More On Link Below;

News Source
: http://nigeriapen.com.ng/calabar-dss-arrest-59-for-commercial-sex-minors-men-included/

Lalasticlala
Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by Fisiryorh(m): 3:40pm On May 04, 2019
if you no Sabi flour mill for Calabar, you never Sabi anywhere...#Period...

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by Jagaban880: 3:54pm On May 04, 2019
Fisiryorh:

i no sabi ....ooo na calabar south de side dey?

1 Like

Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by Pruwa: 4:11pm On May 04, 2019
undecided

1 Like

Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by TANID(m): 5:14pm On May 04, 2019
Good
Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by TheMoniker: 5:14pm On May 04, 2019
grin
Una never see anything, sheybi na una vote that lifeless bastàrd.
I don escape naija for una already and I’ll handpick my family one after the other. Enjoy your suffering grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by Patrick33(m): 5:14pm On May 04, 2019
Make i check see...i fit know one person here.. wink OP..no pics dem been shut down flour mill since naw...na channel view be the happening place now....No be me talk am o

1 Like

Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by gabazin080(m): 5:15pm On May 04, 2019
buhari failed them

Those who says everything has advantages and disadvantages, tell me the advantages of being broke?
Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by LowerPriceData0(m): 5:16pm On May 04, 2019
Interesting
Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by jaxxy(m): 5:16pm On May 04, 2019
As much as I think the government is doing the right thing I think It might be misplaced priorities.

Have they looked for how to pay the 30k minimum wage and boost the economy and create jobs? Sm of these people are victims of ur bad economy and policies.
Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by TheAngry1: 5:16pm On May 04, 2019
ok
Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by kaen1317: 5:16pm On May 04, 2019
They will arrest them and harass them for sex because they want free sex forgetting that awoof use to run belle
Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by rookidmart: 5:16pm On May 04, 2019
We got an intelligent report and swung into action, we have been on the matter for months. We discovered that the girls are mostly underage, mostly 13, 15, and 19 years of age.

19 isn't underage though
Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by gabazin080(m): 5:16pm On May 04, 2019
Sometimes you apologize to a person, not because you love them or you think you are wrong.......
.......but because they have your nudes
Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 04, 2019
They've shifted to South South. Next is Civil Defense
Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by evil1: 5:17pm On May 04, 2019
Fisiryorh:

i swear down u talk truth ..

i served in Calabar 2018 my house na a stone throw from Flour mills to the ashawo joint...#
for nite i go just wear nikka n shirt with bathroom slippers stroll down carry go my romm

5 Likes

Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 04, 2019
Fisiryorh:
What's happening there
Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 04, 2019
Oringo gbukwe ha.
Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by gabazin080(m): 5:18pm On May 04, 2019
Ladies, when you say your pussy got class, please include the number of students who've studied there.
Are we together?

4 Likes

Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by derbykol(f): 5:19pm On May 04, 2019
Fisiryorh:
Obong owo

5 Likes

Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by horlique(m): 5:20pm On May 04, 2019
That's what happens when you vote wrongly,,this is just the beginning...
Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by OfficialSam(m): 5:20pm On May 04, 2019
Fisiryorh:

Badt guy grin

But dem no be dey do teenagers na. Wetin cum happen?

3 Likes

Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by Benblaq(m): 5:21pm On May 04, 2019
They will kill me or I will die.

Although I don't patronize them, I know quite a handful of brothels around.

Brothels plenty pass church here.

Watt market
Flour mill
Etta agbor

3 Likes

Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by 247Dior(m): 5:21pm On May 04, 2019
Fisiryorh:
Correct bro, flour mill by high way>>>>>8 miles

4 Likes

Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by 9jaBloke: 5:22pm On May 04, 2019
Last time I checked, DSS was in charge of domestic security.

2 Likes

Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by chevkosticks(m): 5:27pm On May 04, 2019
Fisiryorh:

I swear flour mill

Luggard for bedwell..

Make dm even go atekong underage yapa therr

5 Likes

Re: Calabar: DSS Arrest 59 For Commercial Sex, Minors, Men Included by Codes151(m): 5:29pm On May 04, 2019
When DSS has nothing to do for months, they decide to arrest sex workers!

Smh!

Very soon dem go follow stand for road Dey check papers

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Kidnap Corps Members, Pregnant Woman In Kogi, Demand ₦60m Ransom / Nigerian Arrested Over Drug Trafficking In Bengaluru, India / Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.