Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

No, This Doesn't Make Her A Prostitute - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / No, This Doesn't Make Her A Prostitute (601 Views)

The Prostitute / My Mother The Prostitute. / When Your Passion Doesn't Make You Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No, This Doesn't Make Her A Prostitute by kunlesehan(m): 6:40pm On May 04, 2019
About women being labelled a prostitute for breaking boundaries.

Someone tried to do that to me

Few years ago after I had a baby. I was on a maternity leave.
My phone rang one afternoon, it was a top politician actually the Speaker (state with held) . I had done lots of tickets for he and his family for sometime. We exchanged pleasantries and next he said

Him: Gloria, can you get me 16 tickets for I and my colleagues(house of rep members) . 5 business class and 11 economy. We are going to the US

Me: sure why not. Can I get the state in US, dates of departure and return date.

He introduced me to a colleague of his to handle it cos he is a busy man. We went on and on going back and forth on possible date to suit the conference they were going for. We tried Air France, Lufthansa with me sending endless mails to get a good fare. We finally settled for Ethiopian airline. This took us about 2 weeks to finalise.

As we were going back and forth all I kept praying was God favour me. I needed this as a maternity gift. He never asked that we see face to face. Never interfered in our arrangements. He already knows my office address so that wasn't a problem. All he wanted was that he trust me to get good deals for them.

We concluded and The government house transferred 17million into our corporate account. Everyone in the office went gaga.

All I kept hearing was, nnem how did you do it. Babe you are lucky ooo. At least this tickets has bailed us this recession.
I was just smiling cos they didn't know the amount of fasting I and my mum did for those tickets.
One bad Belle and bitter one just chipped in
"Only God knows how many rounds you did to get this deal" To the shock of all

I am always calm in such issues. I never really bother myself about what people say or feel about me provided I am in right standing.

I simply turned to and whispered " Everyone mustn't be a LovePeddler like you to get a deal, I got it cos of my hard work, dedication, competence, reliability and Intelligence. The last time I checked, you haven't pulled up to 100k profit into this company in a month, so you see, you are a failure".
I didn't stop there, I reported to the right authority and she was issued a query and a suspension.

The commission from that deal gave me money to buy myself a car at least in my own name.

Now you can imagine what a fellow woman feels about me. That statement was born out of jealousy. Simple jealousy. We tend to condemn and ridicule women's hard work out of jealousy. What we can't achieve we destroy every legacy it has. What happens to you being happy for your friend or anyone's progress in rather than be unhappy and throwing harsh statements around. What happens to calming down and getting to know how they came about it, learn from them and use it to do something for yourself.

For sometime now, lots of business ideas are roaring in my head. My hubby is even tired of me always on the Internet researching. That is me. It's not wrong to want more for myself. It's not wrong to learn from someone out there doing better.

Off to school to know how far with my citations. We shall all get there.

Source: Gloria Omaliko-Kalu
Re: No, This Doesn't Make Her A Prostitute by ymoneyjigaba(m): 10:13pm On May 04, 2019
They hate what they can't achieve, I call them witches and wizard they can't c somtin good in u without complaining may God continue to shower u with blessings I tap into it grace dear 08030536942

1 Like

Re: No, This Doesn't Make Her A Prostitute by czarina(f): 10:16pm On May 04, 2019
Apt!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Shortcomings By Queenmojo / Mills And Boon Stories Pdf / So Scary!�the Black Alien Man!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.