Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State (32781 Views)

Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin / Meet Taiwo Agbona, The Young Lady Chosen By Oracle To Become The ‘king’ Of Ondo / Meet Taiwo Oyebola Agbona, Regent Of Aaye Town In Ondo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by shogsman(m): 5:53pm On May 05, 2019
Wetin taiwo they find here lol,rest in peace papa James agbona.

1 Like

Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by bimgo: 5:54pm On May 05, 2019
A female as monarch? Not one but a* regent* ADELE OBA. This monarch seat must not be empty before the next king reinstate. Go to school and allow school to pass through you but your own is reverse. READ CAREFULLY.
Mk93:
A female as monarch? That is impossible in my place
Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by forgiveness: 5:58pm On May 05, 2019
There was once a female Oba in Ijebu ode.
Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by tomdon(m): 6:03pm On May 05, 2019
Mk93:
A female as monarch? That is impossible in my place

Are you superior to England

1 Like

Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 05, 2019
bimgo:
A female as monarch? Not one but a* regent* ADELE OBA. This monarch seat must not be empty before the next king reinstate. Go to school and allow school to pass through you but your own is reverse. READ CAREFULLY.
mumu
and she is not sitting on the throne abi?
Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 05, 2019
tomdon:

Are you superior to England
so we have to throw away our culture because of England?

1 Like

Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by theoneJabulani(m): 6:24pm On May 05, 2019
BuyACar:
What would we now call all the men in that area? Ladies...

Sure, if you would also call British men ladies
Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by etrange: 6:26pm On May 05, 2019
bimgo:

You have a point but lack communication etiquette. Now that you've insulted the person you're trying to educate, what have you gained? He'll retaliate and the message is lost.

1 Like

Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by TemmyT002(m): 6:26pm On May 05, 2019
Wow!!
Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by theoneJabulani(m): 6:26pm On May 05, 2019
Mk93:

so we have to throw away our culture because of England?
Not throw away, evolve. Who says only males make good kings.

1 Like

Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by BuyACar(f): 6:26pm On May 05, 2019
theoneJabulani:
Sure, if you would also call British men ladies

To be real, all British men act like ladies. grin
Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by theoneJabulani(m): 6:31pm On May 05, 2019
BuyACar:

To be real, all British men act like ladies. grin
Hmmmm, why do you say that?
Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by tintingz(m): 6:33pm On May 05, 2019
What about her twin?
Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 05, 2019
theoneJabulani:
Not throw away, evolve. Who says only males make good kings.
evolve to the white man culture? there still many traditions that sounds useless but the British monarchy still observer them.
whatever is acceptable is what is right. in my place, a male king is what is acceptable.
acceptable to both the God of the land and the founding fathers, the God guiding the throne

1 Like

Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:33pm On May 05, 2019
Kingdoms in Ondo state and regency are like bread and butter. Good for her.
Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:35pm On May 05, 2019
NairaMedia:
Sad! She can't marry angry angry
She can marry after completing her reign as the a regent. She won't be the first to be a regent
Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:37pm On May 05, 2019
Alashoalash10:
She is not the only female ruler in ondo state, all regents are female, there is one in oda town,ibule town,and some LGA so always find out details before posting
Don't mind the OP. There was a time one woman came all the away from USA to become a regent in Ondo town. This practice is common in Ondo state, there are many of them.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by theoneJabulani(m): 6:47pm On May 05, 2019
Mk93:

evolve to the white man culture? there still many traditions that sounds useless but the British monarchy still observer them.
whatever is acceptable is what is right. in my place, a male king is what is acceptable.
acceptable to both the God of the land and the founding fathers, the God guiding the throne
You are getting it wrong. It's not evolving to the white man culture but evolving with time. The world the is changing, the British having gotten rid of the sexual preference, the male firts rule. Now it might be a big step to take for most African monarchies but allowing female daughters of Kings without any living male heir to rule is starting somewhere. Or is it when you see a kuvira-esque woman who hogs the throne that you will believe women can also make good rulers?
Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by CioAngels(f): 6:50pm On May 05, 2019
Chelsea82:
Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona was in the middle of her studies when she found out she was to be crowned regent in her hometown of Aye in Ondo State, Nigeria.

"I was crown a regent in 2018 when I was still in school
Princess Agbona said I didn't know that I was going to become a regent when my father died".

After the demise of my father, that her mum called her and said: 'you are going to become a regent'. Princess said at first,she objected it.

She ask herself many questions like, 'How would I cope? What would I say?

Princess Taiwo said she miss kneeling down to greet her mum especially in the morning. As sh was trained to be, but now she cannot do it anymore as she is now a regent.

She said she love politics a lot and i am hoping that i would rule this country someday.

Watch Video Below,

http://www.thenaijafame.com.ng/2019/05/biography-age-meet-princess-taiwo.html?m=1
And who says you will not. After all the men are failing like pack of cards. Good luck my Regent. Long live the Regent.
Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:51pm On May 05, 2019
When the world were still figuring out 'feminism' we already had it figured out, I just hope religion won't wipe our culture away.
Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by CioAngels(f): 6:53pm On May 05, 2019
columbus007:
Well it's possible, you can rule this country in your dream cheesy
In her lifetime.
Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 05, 2019
theoneJabulani:
You are getting it wrong. It's not evolving to the white man culture but evolving with time. The world the is changing, the British having gotten rid of the sexual preference, the male firts rule. Now it might be a big step to take for most African monarchies but allowing female daughters of Kings without any living male heir to rule is starting somewhere. Or is it when you see a kuvira-esque woman who hogs the throne that you will believe women can also make good rulers?
I am from a royal family. when the king dies without a heir, a male with royal blood from the next family takes over.
the gods are same today, yesterday and tomorrow they won't evolve
Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by theoneJabulani(m): 7:10pm On May 05, 2019
Mk93:

I am from a royal family. when the king dies without a heir, a male with royal blood from the next family takes over.
the gods are same today, yesterday and tomorrow they won't evolve
what gods? I see where you are coming from.
Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 05, 2019
theoneJabulani:
what gods? I see where you are coming from.
The god that created us
Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by BuyACar(f): 7:14pm On May 05, 2019
theoneJabulani:
Hmmmm, why do you say that?
Are British men tough? Bunch of ladies....
Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by ehinmowo: 7:50pm On May 05, 2019
Mk93:

Well in my place the king does not die.
Once he is tired, he take a rest with his ancestors, a new king take over immediately

typically African. my guy, your kings bones don rust for ground. no be only rest na hibernation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by mechanics(m): 7:55pm On May 05, 2019
I pray she rules with the fear of God, I called that divine promotion.
Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 05, 2019
ehinmowo:

typically African. my guy, your kings bones don rust for ground. no be only rest na hibernation.
the guy I replied understand what I mean
Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by Orpe7(m): 9:30pm On May 05, 2019
We need leaders not rulers so go and sit down
Re: Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State by doctuw(m): 9:41pm On May 05, 2019
AbiBuruji722:
She's not going he only one, there's one in Abulesoro again the landlord of FUTA
no mind the stupid blogger. There are several regents in Ondo state. The one in Ibulesoro is even in the same local government with this princess.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 / Ooni Ogunwusi Stands For Wuraola To Sit In New Photo As They Visit Ghana / Alaafin Of Oyo And Olori Memunat Pictured Together After Her Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.