Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

First Day Xperience In Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / First Day Xperience In Uk (1659 Views)

Share Ur Xperience Traveling Abroad Without Your Family For The First Time / Any One Been To Thailand And Philippines On A Tourist Visa?share Your Xperience / Your First Day On A Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Day Xperience In Uk by davou4eva(m): 8:16pm On May 02, 2007
Can u please share the experience of your first day or rather your first one week in UK, as a guide for those of us that will be in UK soon and the necessary things to be aware of.
Re: First Day Xperience In Uk by naijacutee(f): 8:55pm On May 02, 2007
I saw the sun but I couldn't feel it. I thought it wasn't "working".
Re: First Day Xperience In Uk by anusule(m): 11:13pm On May 02, 2007
i was freezin @ heathrow. wink wink wink. i was behaving like mumu, looking at oyinbo, looking at the london taxi, beeg buses of national express, london red buses. i was now taking pictures of everything, snapping my self and my mumsy and brother. u needed to see me, that day, i wore a skin cut on my head, wore a simple shirt. But when i got to the busiest airport in the world, terminal 4, i was freezin!
Re: First Day Xperience In Uk by Rlst84sale(m): 12:57am On May 03, 2007
I don't know who told u that's the busiest airpot in the world
Re: First Day Xperience In Uk by anusule(m): 9:57am On May 03, 2007
u dey ask me, instead of correcting me. Heathrow is the world's busiest international airport. simple.
Re: First Day Xperience In Uk by Rlst84sale(m): 9:26pm On May 03, 2007
Murtala international is the busiest airport in the world. Don't you see how many poeple are waiting outside to welcome you soon after you step out of the building?, lol
Re: First Day Xperience In Uk by anusule(m): 11:50pm On May 03, 2007
smiley smiley smiley cool
Re: First Day Xperience In Uk by Nobody: 2:14am On May 04, 2007
First time in London,at the airport,I didn't know what to do with the escalators!!.
I was horrified to step on these moving staircase and watched them going down and saw no regular staircase in sight.

On the connecting coach ride from gatwick to Heathrow,I marvelled at the manicured lawns with gorgeous colorful flowers,the beautiful shiny cars,so different from the moving mortuaries in Oshodi.
I was amazed that they even served tea and coffee and other refreshments in these buses and that these luxurious buses had TV and toilets and nobody selling fake drugs as in the ones that brought me from Aba to Lagos.
(this was way before ABC buses in naija)

I was convinced indeed that the white men were spirits.
Re: First Day Xperience In Uk by dblock(m): 9:48am On May 04, 2007
I was also frexxing at Heathrow, My uncle's mate cracked some joke to cheer us up.The drive to the Hotel was quite Long. It was alright.
Re: First Day Xperience In Uk by Rlst84sale(m): 9:30pm On May 04, 2007
Laffing @ Babyosis's story.
Re: First Day Xperience In Uk by Rlst84sale(m): 9:34pm On May 04, 2007
I drove to England the first time I went there. My car almost got hit few times cos each time I tried to enter a street or coming out of a round about. I was used to turning right and they always turn left there.
Re: First Day Xperience In Uk by anusule(m): 12:33am On May 05, 2007
Rlst84sale:

I drove to England the first time I went there. My car almost got hit few times because each time I tried to enter a street or coming out of a round about. I was used to turning right and they always turn left there.

did u drive from nigeria? undecided cool shocked grin
Re: First Day Xperience In Uk by 1forall: 7:13pm On May 08, 2007
lmao!

(1) (Reply)

Non-visa Countries / South African Nationals Now Require A Visa To The U.k / Sweden Have Decided At Last:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.