Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,027 members, 7,849,148 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:15 PM

Speak Out Against Rape No Matter Who Is Involved - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Speak Out Against Rape No Matter Who Is Involved (753 Views)

Graduate Posts Girl’s Nude Pictures Online, Teenager Alleges Rape (pictured) / Photos: Two Men Injured After Being Involved In Sallah Bloodbath (Graphic pics) / Lagos Airport Robbery Suspects Speak Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Speak Out Against Rape No Matter Who Is Involved by Orikinla(m): 12:38pm On Sep 21, 2010
Most girls and women who have been raped in relationships keep mute.
Why?

Speak out against rape!

Re: Speak Out Against Rape No Matter Who Is Involved by Natasha2(f): 11:01pm On Jan 17, 2011
@ POSTER You are wright i have asked myself this question a million times but i don't get the answer.It baffles me i mean someone despoils you and you are bitter about it, is it not normal that you report it in other for justice to prevail? bot no they will not do this. I guess its because of love you know they say love is blind sometimes it is stupid deaf and dumb, lol or maybe it is because of the emotional trauma i guess, you know like someone you love does this to you and you can't just believe it happened you can't believe he can ever do a thing like that i guess this is why they are silent.
Re: Speak Out Against Rape No Matter Who Is Involved by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 31, 2011
Its also due to the fact that society tends to judge the victims, you will hear questions like why was she dressed like that? Why did she go to his house? e.t.c sadly a lot of times the victim gets blamed. A girl should be able to report violation without fear, imagine some posters implying that a 12year old girl who was impregnated by her father must have been enjoying it! And they wonder why the poor girl didn't tell anyone early, am sure she knew she would have been blamed, some family members would have even told her to keep her mouth shut and not disgrace the family

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Jailed 14 Months In Uk For Sham Marriage / 9 Killed By Unknown Gunmen In Bauchi / Lack Of Fund For Dad’s Burial: 60-yr-old Commits Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.