Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not (15407 Views)

Can A Muslim Skip Fasting If He Has Nothing To Eat Before And After The Fast? / Does Receiving The Covid-19 Vaccine During The Day In Ramadan Break The Fast? / Does Undertaking Covid-19 Test Whilst Fasting Affect The Validity Of The Fast? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by AbuTwins: 10:08am On May 07, 2019
What Spoils Fasting?

Answer:

The spoilers of fasting are as follows:

1- Sexual intercourse

2- Eating

3- Drinking

4- Ejaculation of semen with desire

5- What may be regarded as (a substitute for) food and drink

6- Intentional vomiting

7- Blood coming out (of the body) by means of cupping

8- Blood coming out during menstrual and post-partum periods

Read more for evidences:
Source

What does not Spoil fasting?

1. Tasting food without swallowing it.

2. Taking a bath during fasting.

3. Wet Dreams.

4. Involuntary vomiting.

5. Whatever enters the throat by mistake and not of one's choice e.g flies, dusts, etc.

6. Unintentional Bleeding eg nose bleed, wounds, etc.

7. Eating out of forgetfulness.

8. Eating when having doubt about the Sahoor time(whether dawn has broken or not).

9. Waking up in a state of Janaabah (post sexual-intercourse impurity) due to a wet dream or sexual intercourse at night does not invalidate fasting.

8. If a person thinks that the sun has set because of clouds or the like and breaks the fast and then it turns out that the sun has not set, he should resume fasting and does not have to make up for this day.

Read more for evidences:

Source

This rather coming late but our modes can put it up!

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by Sarkin: 1:13pm On May 07, 2019
Alhamdulilah
May Allah accept our fasting and make us witness many and many more in good health, happiness and prosperity.
Season of love.
Allah help us.
Allah bless us.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by OhiOfIhima: 1:14pm On May 07, 2019
May Allah Subhana Tar'allah accept our Dua's in this holy month of Ramadan. Amin

13 Likes

Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by sulaimon22: 1:15pm On May 07, 2019
jazakumullahu khairan

6 Likes

Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by yumubelek(m): 1:17pm On May 07, 2019
May Allah accept our fasting and all other ibadaat in this noble month, ameen.

Jazakumullahu khairan!

13 Likes

Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by vanida6: 1:17pm On May 07, 2019
Alhamdulillahi..

Ramadan kareem to my lovely Muslims friends

8 Likes

Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by Jamodeen95(m): 1:20pm On May 07, 2019
Jazakallahu khairan op.

4 Likes

Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by harmonyglobal: 1:23pm On May 07, 2019
May Allah (sub) accept our prayers and Good deed. May he forgive our shortcomings and make us among those that will he will reward this ramadan

4 Likes

Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by shevcon(m): 1:25pm On May 07, 2019
Thanks so much for the information may Allah accept how act of Ibadah

3 Likes

Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by Rollitout: 1:26pm On May 07, 2019
Is sex allowed during the month of Ramadan at night when we have already break the fast.

Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by dreamwords: 1:27pm On May 07, 2019
Bleeping Intercourse

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by anambraamaka: 1:32pm On May 07, 2019
Noted
Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by Rollitout: 1:33pm On May 07, 2019
Scam alert you are warned
They are all fake, they all predict so they might be right or wrong, don't let anyone deceive you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by CuntMiner(m): 1:34pm On May 07, 2019
AbuTwins:
What Spoils Fasting?

Answer:

The spoilers of fasting are as follows:

1- Sexual intercourse

2- Eating

3- Drinking

4- Ejaculation of semen with desire

5- What may be regarded as (a substitute for) food and drink

6- Intentional vomiting

7- Blood coming out (of the body) by means of cupping

8- Blood coming out during menstrual and post-partum periods

Read more for evidences:
Source

What does not Spoil fasting?

1. Tasting food without swallowing it.

2. Taking a bath during fasting.

3. Wet Dreams.

4. Involuntary vomiting.

5. Whatever enters the throat by mistake and not of one's choice e.g flies, dusts, etc.

6. Unintentional Bleeding eg nose bleed, wounds, etc.

7. Eating out of forgetfulness.

8. Eating when having doubt about the Sahoor time(whether dawn has broken or not).

9. Waking up in a state of Janaabah (post sexual-intercourse impurity) due to a wet dream or sexual intercourse at night does not invalidate fasting.

8. If a person thinks that the sun has set because of clouds or the like and breaks the fast and then it turns out that the sun has not set, he should resume fasting and does not have to make up for this day.

Read more for evidences:

Source

This rather coming late but our modes can put it up!

pls what if i play nairabet

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by ambassadorabdul(m): 1:54pm On May 07, 2019
may almighty Allah forgives our Shotcoming, and accept our good deeds as an act of ibadaat. Amen
Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by Enuoyan: 1:59pm On May 07, 2019
CuntMiner:
pls what if i play nairabet

My brother, very good question ooo, have been holding myself from opening my bet9ja account since yesterday, now I'm seeing sweet straight win for Barca this evening @ 2+ odds this evening

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by Robnectar(m): 2:14pm On May 07, 2019
Enuoyan:

My brother, very good question ooo, have been holding myself from opening my bet9ja account since yesterday, now I'm seeing sweet straight win for Barca this evening @ 2+ odds this evening
even me self don dey think am since

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by AbdulHakeem44(m): 2:15pm On May 07, 2019
Enuoyan:

Playing nairabet is gambling. Gambling is haram in Islam even outside the month of Ramadan. It is more evil and dangerous to engage in it in the month of Ramadan

3 Likes

Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by solihu(m): 2:17pm On May 07, 2019
Enuoyan:

cheesy grin
Betting is Haram.
Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by 9isguy(m): 2:17pm On May 07, 2019
SLM; please I have a question; I suddenly had a running nose after fasting in the morning and it was really disturbing that I couldn't make it to school; someone brought drug for me just now and I mistakenly swallowed the drug before realising I was on fasting. Please m I still qualify to carry on?
Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by CuntMiner(m): 2:27pm On May 07, 2019
Enuoyan:

well i think it is haraam...so it may make my fast invalid...either way,im trying not to play till after dis month.....at least no work,man must chop one way
Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by eesdee: 2:28pm On May 07, 2019
A
Enuoyan:

Allah has forbid betting and all forms of gambling, Quran 2:219 says 'They ask you about wine and gambling. Say, "In them is great sin and [yet, some] benefit for people. But their sin is greater than their benefit." And they ask you what they should spend. Say, "The excess [beyond needs]." Thus Allah makes clear to you the verses [of revelation] that you might give thought.'
Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 07, 2019
vanida6:
Alhamdulillahi..

Ramadan kareem to my lovely Muslims friends

Are you a muslim?
Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 07, 2019
Sarkin:
Alhamdulilah
May Allah accept our fasting and make us witness many and many more in good health, happiness and prosperity.
Season of love.
Allah help us.
Allah bless us.

Amina Yah Allah!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by Tokziby: 2:40pm On May 07, 2019
Robnectar:
even me self don dey think am since

Betting is forbidden either during Ramadan or not.

In Islam, whenever something is regarded as forbidden(Haram) it's usually harmful to our spiritual or physical being.

E.g Alcohol is bad for health, pork is associated with numerous diseases, fornication can bring about unwanted pregnancy which might lead to abortion(killing of babies) or contracting sti & std's, also lead to moral decadance and so much more. Fighting can lead to death or permanent injuries to urself or opponents.etc
Betting is addictive and brings about false hope of winning big anytime u play thereby draining hole in ur pockets as u play every time, which can later affect ur financial capabilities as u go back for more. Also winnings from such never last cos it's free money, it comes as it goes. Unlike what u sweat for morning and night, sun and rain. As the Yoruba adage goes, whatever u sweat for last longer than what didn't break any sweat.
May Allah continue to guide us aright and let us reap all the gains of this Ramadan. Nobody knows when his last Ramadan will be, why not let us make the most of what will better our hereafter instead of focusing on the world's distraction that leads us to nowhere.

Ramadan Mubarak

2 Likes

Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 07, 2019
AbdulHakeem44:

Playing nairabet is gambling. Gambling is haram in Islam even outside the month of Ramadan. It is more evil and dangerous to engage in it in the month of Ramadan

You brought this outta my mind cool
Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 07, 2019
May Allah guide our hearts to make the best use of this month.. Ramadan Mubarak

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by Truflexunits(m): 3:05pm On May 07, 2019
Rollitout:
Is sex allowed during the month of Ramadan at night when we have already break the fast.
mr moldtator didn’t answer this question ( sex with wives not adultery so is sex allowed during Ramadan?)
Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by Adewoyin123(f): 3:23pm On May 07, 2019
Rollitout:
yes butbthatbgoes for only married couple. After the sex, they can both bath janabat and resume their fasting .
Re: Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not by vanida6: 3:23pm On May 07, 2019
tohyorsih2:

Are you a muslim?
why asking....?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mosque Offer Tea To Protesting Anti-Islam Group / One Apple Leads To His Marriage. A Beautiful Story! / Ramadan: Sultan Directs Muslims To Look For New Moon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.