Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,512 members, 7,865,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:06 PM

Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed (21596 Views)

'Bling Bishop' US Pastor Sentenced To 9 Years Over Wire Fraud / Man Jailed For 60 Years Over Child Defilement (Photo) / 2 Nigerians In Vietnam Jailed For 28 Years Over Dating Scam Of About $130,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed by Craziestgirl(f): 1:35pm On May 08, 2019
Saddening.
Picture reminds me of...
A Hippo.

Re: Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed by sonnie10: 3:37pm On May 08, 2019
Negligence could be unintentional. But the fact is that someone suffered a loss as a result. If justice must be served, it has to be to restore the victim to the original state. In this case, it is impossible to do so.
Re: Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed by CioAngels(f): 4:16pm On May 08, 2019
I beg una, make government to Benin schools where care givers there force children without the knowledge of school heads. It has to be stopped to avert deaths of innocent children. Urgent i beg. Governor Obaseki please help.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed by CioAngels(f): 4:18pm On May 08, 2019
Good judgement.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed by mamajaz(f): 4:30pm On May 08, 2019
9ja083:
It's not her fault. It's a normal thing we see here in Nigeria and it never killed any of the children. Says who?? Abi no records!!! The thing is when you tell our oldies on both sides ( mother-in-laws), they will tell you that was how I took care of your spouse. Some men too will start fighting with their wives for questioning their mothers...my mummy tagged me and my husband *stingy* because we said we were not ready to buy feeding bottle for our first child before 6 months, while his mom too was fond of pouring cold water on the new born. Thank God we were able to address them separately, I handled my momma while he handled his. Nah so, case closed. They knew us for what we would never tolerate. No favoritism. After all, if anything had gone wrong, we would bear the brunt.
Nigerian babies are strong!
Re: Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed by Momomola099: 4:34pm On May 08, 2019
[b][/b]
Re: Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed by Afonja007: 4:37pm On May 08, 2019
sweetrace:
There must have been something wrong with that baby before she fed it. This is how our elders feed kids that don’t want to eat, and we have not heard that it killed anyone. Same way they use their mouths to suck out the mucus in the nose of a baby that has a cold. She was showing love and nothing else. That courts decision is not just. The right or wrong of an action depends on the intent behind it. Her motives were pure.
then do it in your country dont take it to america,will you give your child tribal marks while your living in america?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed by Ramos16(m): 6:44pm On May 08, 2019
She does not deserve it, were there motives to kill, was it shown in the camera that she was trying to kill the child. This is simple case of feeding gone wrong. They are prosecuting her just because they don't understand the techinque she is using. For all those people who don't read and insulting a woman old enough to be your grandma, think again, if she was your mother will you say those harsh words?
Re: Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed by Ramos16(m): 6:48pm On May 08, 2019
Craziestgirl:
Saddening.
Picture reminds me of...
A Hippo.

I don't follow, how you can conveniently insult someone old enough to be your grandma. Do you not feel anything, do you know the full story. SMH for youths.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 08, 2019
9ja083:

I know it happened in U.S..
what am saying is that mama is innocent. She just Fed the child the way she feeds her grandchildren. And all the years if her life, this method never killed any child.
Here in Nigeria, when your child start selecting food, and your mother is around, she will feed the baby using that method.
The white ppl have a way the bath their babies and our mother's and granny also have their way of bathing our babies too. When I was in school, we were thought ideal way of bathing a new born. But some of us still prefer our granny's method.
Let me ask u, how many of your children did your granny or your mother cared for? u w won't like to witness it. It's been here for ages with no record of death.
Medicine made us to understand that doing it gently will make u understand when a child is in danger which is what I like and also practice.
Thank u
That grannies do that doesn't mean it's right. Not hygenic
(Talk of infections like cholera )
I saw force feeding once as an adult and I didn't like what I saw.
Nobody practice this around me else I would have seen it earlier.
That's crude way of feeding a child.
If a child don't want to eat, look for the cause.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 08, 2019
My only problem is that at 73, she should be resting and not working.
Re: Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed by Probz(m): 8:23pm On May 08, 2019
McGg:
What's the essence of having a nanny when you married a"wife"

Things are different in civilised countries.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed by lepasharon(f): 5:14am On May 09, 2019
akejujoe:
Nawa o. Something many Nigerian mothers dey do. Even our mothers force fed us when we small. Her crime is doing it in a foreign land for a child that is not even hers. My MIL still did it for my kid when she was a baby.

Its wrong!
Re: Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed by lepasharon(f): 5:16am On May 09, 2019
sassysure:
My only problem is that at 73, she should be resting and not working.

Maybe cos she's such a wicked being, that's why she isn't retired yet. Wicked ppl will continue to be on their toes.

Witch.
Re: Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed by lepasharon(f): 5:21am On May 09, 2019
Ramos16:
She does not deserve it, were there motives to kill, was it shown in the camera that she was trying to kill the child. This is simple case of feeding gone wrong. They are prosecuting her just because they don't understand the techinque she is using. For all those people who don't read and insulting a woman old enough to be your grandma, think again, if she was your mother will you say those harsh words?

Did you read the article at all?? 8 ounces of fluid was forced down the baby's throat in 30 seconds!! How does that sound ok?? She didn't know that it would kill cos she's an illiterate just like yourself

Ignorance to the law is no excuse
Re: Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed by frozen70(f): 7:07am On May 09, 2019
How can you be practicing a barbaric act in a foreign land ❓

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed by ibmworld(m): 1:22pm On May 09, 2019
The judgement is unfair... Force feeding is a practice done by most African Women, which should be neglected.
Most of us was forced fed.

She only wished for the baby's wellbeing, but got prison in return.

#Whatapity... embarassed cry
Re: Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed by Ramos16(m): 9:13pm On May 09, 2019
lepasharon:

Did you read the article at all?? 8 ounces of fluid was forced down the baby's throat in 30 seconds!! How does that sound ok?? She didn't know that it would kill cos she's an illiterate just like yourself.

Ignorance to the law is no excuse

I don't think I insulted you in any way with my earlier statement, but your response has shown how shallow your thinking is. Also, there is no such thing as "ignorance to the law" it is "Ignorance of the law", you should go educate yourself and stop being a keyboard warrior.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed by lepasharon(f): 9:15pm On May 09, 2019
Ramos16:

I don't think I insulted you in any way with my earlier statement, but your response has shown how shallow your thinking is. Also, there is no such thing as "ignorance to the law" it is "Ignorance of the law", you should go educate yourself and stop being a keyboard warrior.

Whatever, you get my point. Stop grasping at straws

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed by Collyno82(m): 5:31am On May 10, 2019
lepasharon:

Whatever, you get my point. Stop grasping at straws
lepasharon always forming dictator
Re: Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed by Collyno82(m): 5:39am On May 10, 2019
lepasharon:

Maybe cos she's such a wicked being, that's why she isn't retired yet. Wicked ppl will continue to be on their toes.

Witch.
it takes a witch to identify a witch,,, birds of the same feathers, flocks alike

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Arrested For Conning Vietnamese Women On Facebook / Police Officers In Kwara Accused Of ‘selling Detained Suspects To Ritualists’ / Katsina Police Arrest Father And Son Who Specialize In Shop Breaking And Theft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.