Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,361 members, 7,829,917 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo (54513 Views)

Soldiers Storm Jakande Detaining Policemen Over Death Of Lagos Trader / Taboo! Police Receive List Of Animals 2 Sacrifice For Detaining Edo Chief Priest / Lagos Police Officers Sleep Off While Detaining Some Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by AreaFada2: 4:41pm On May 08, 2019
Tradition is tradition. Those who like can ditch theirs. To each his ow..
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by coputa(m): 5:01pm On May 08, 2019
Nigerians(Africans) threw away their traditional values and embraced foreign cultural values, hence we are not making any head way in all spheres of life.

1 Like

Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by sapientia(m): 5:03pm On May 08, 2019
The policemen were wrong.

There were ways to confirm this and not desecrating the people's culture.

Untrained police force

1 Like

Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by buharitill2023: 5:21pm On May 08, 2019
perryy:

Don't talk like that oooo. I am Edo man and I married a Yoruba woman . before I married her , I told her all our taboos as regards sex after marriage, but she didn't believe. So, when we had little misunderstanding, she left me and went to be fucking Adegbite Omotayo , the present DPO Agbara police station Ogun state . When that failed to fulfill his promises to her , she added inspector Udebhu Liberty , a police man serving in Agbara police station too. After doing this for more than 3 months without being able to get enough koneh like she used to get from me , she came back to beg for peace .

Unknown to mW she had crossed the line , I accepted her back. Withing 7 months of accepting her , my business collapsed , and when I still failed to find out and make the necessary sacrifices, she fell I'll and I began to take her from one hospital to another wothout any solution. Plenty of xray were carried out without any sign of what was wrong. Around 22nd of January 2019, she fell into coma and we started panicking. From there , we went to a church where it was revealed she has offended the gods of Edo by sleeping with other men. Meanwhile, at this time she was already in coma and cannot corroborate wht the prophetess said. I quickly called my home town and I was told what to do. Upon doing that , I went straight to the hospital where she was being resuscitated, lol and behold she was up. I quickly asked her to confess or else fall into final sleep and die. They was how iyawo confessed 7 men. Prominent among whom were the aforementioned names. Until I rushed her to the village for proper cleansing , nothing was able to restore her health. She is hale and hearty now without me spending more money. However, she is gone for life.
the story is not complete,
is she dead or you divorced her.?
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by adecz: 5:37pm On May 08, 2019
It was for this same ritualistic,
superstitious beliefs that the British saccked
Benin Empire & sent the Oba on exile in 1897.

Police, make ina no fear,
Nothing go happen.

If he dares govt, they should depose
him & send him on exile.

Dasuki & Jokolo on my mind.

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by Kelvin30286063(m): 5:38pm On May 08, 2019
Bonapart:
Stupidity at its peak. Why didn't he die immediately he got into the station. Thunderous wind ko, lightning breeze ni
We had thunderous winds and lightening here too and we didn't see the chief priest. So please shut up with all those barbaric traditions.

1 Like

Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by Rotimi47: 5:43pm On May 08, 2019
Mrkumareze:
Native cow ke, each is not less than 120k grin
grin
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 08, 2019
This serves the police right. Untill we start respecting each others belief system, we still have a long way to go. Stop sounding woke when you are not; every civilized nation has traditions which the respect.
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by DavidEsq(m): 5:53pm On May 08, 2019
Abeg, Wetin be native cows? We get agric cows for Nigeria ni?

Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by Youngjohnosas: 6:10pm On May 08, 2019
adecz:

Nothing go happen.

him & send him on exile.

FG should depose the Oba of Benin whosoever will jokingly make that statement in a public domain is gone for ever.FYI the whites saw the Benin Empire as a stumbling block to their free trade.At that point in time most kingdoms within the present day South south Nigeria where directly or indirectly under the benin kingdom so They had to launch a full assault on the kingdom.the Benin kingdom fought and lost gallantly.
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by Insectkiller: 6:12pm On May 08, 2019
Eehyhhh..
Osanobuaaaaa!!!

Police don buy Market! grin grin grin shocked
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by lasthero: 6:13pm On May 08, 2019
Nonsense tradition.
That's how I was told not to eat pig meat and snake as it's a taboo and that I will die if I dare it.

I eat pork meat every week and I'm still alive.

I eat snake occasionally and I'm still alive as well.

Edo and stupid traditions grin
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by PETUK(m): 6:33pm On May 08, 2019
Mrkumareze:
Native cow ke, each is not less than 120k grin

Forget about the price, the question is which one is native cow?
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by Elderniercri(m): 6:39pm On May 08, 2019
Tehila07:
And they said Benis are not related to the Yorubas. That culture is the same in Yorubaland. Oloodua priest would crown the king and must never set his eyes on the king again.

No, he doesn’t crown the Oba, nobody crowns the king...he crowns himself.

The Chief priest only performs some rituals in his shrine

1 Like

Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by tunjibadosnen: 6:52pm On May 08, 2019
ghen ghen! Nigeria police don buy market...

but wait o...,

Benin people, una say una stubborn, Benin police go say them stubborn pass una, make una prepare to pay o
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by tolguy(m): 6:53pm On May 08, 2019
iffydave:
Lol....

They should do fast and get the animals before d gods provoke grin
Make money uploading and viewing pictures �� Check my signature
grin
iffydave:
Lol....

They should do fast and get the animals before d gods provoke grin
Make money uploading and viewing pictures �� Check my signature
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by politicalpastor: 7:04pm On May 08, 2019
Walking:
FTC.
Such sacrifice on top human being.
Nigeria and backwardness ehn..

Our culture and traditional must be respected. Civilization can not destroy our culture and norms. So. Becareful the way you talk
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by Bonapart(m): 7:09pm On May 08, 2019
buharitill2023:
it happen on Friday night, although, i cant tell if he was the cause of the downpour and lightning because i don't believe in any fuccking juju.
it's a mare coincidence. I wonder why Benin people still sit back to these acient filth
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by Bonapart(m): 7:10pm On May 08, 2019
27Pushing30:

Shut up you Arrow

The same British are preserving their own traditions but Mumu you is here talking crap shey police station no Dey Umuhnode or Orhionwon must they enter Benin

Forget about him dying or not ITS TRADITION

I pity you daft Africans till today slaves while the Asians who kept their tradition despite European colonial rule are giving y’all loans today

MUMU
still trying to find a single sense in the whole write up

Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 08, 2019
na only 4 naija pipu dae use powers 4 useless things?
Walking:
FTC.
Such sacrifice on top human being.
Nigeria and backwardness ehn..
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by samuk: 7:13pm On May 08, 2019
Karemarealty288:
Why then did they elect a Governor since their tradition is supreme.

Are you really serious. The United Kingdom have elected prime minister and the Queen of England still observe traditions.
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by sleekking(m): 7:14pm On May 08, 2019
lasthero:
Nonsense tradition.
That's how I was told not to eat pig meat and snake as it's a taboo and that I will die if I dare it.

I eat pork meat every week and I'm still alive.

I eat snake occasionally and I'm still alive as well.

Edo and stupid traditions grin

Henh! Óvbokhan su kpe vbé ówéwé!!!

1 Like

Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by samuk: 7:28pm On May 08, 2019
adecz:

Nothing go happen.

him & send him on exile.

It was this same tradition without the interference of the Western world that made the Benin empire attained it's height with world record accomplishments unravelled by her neighbours.

The Benin king is unlike other politically appointed kings in Nigeria that can be deposed by politicians.
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 08, 2019
Elderniercri:

No, he doesn’t crown the Oba, nobody crowns the king...he crowns himself.

The Chief priest only performs some rituals in his shrine

What I mean by crowning is that Oloodua must perform some rituals for the king during the crowning processes.
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by mascotafltd: 9:11pm On May 08, 2019
Police don enter.
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by adecz: 10:43pm On May 08, 2019
Youngjohnosas:
FG should depose the Oba of Benin whosoever will jokingly make that statement in a public domain is gone for ever.FYI the whites saw the Benin Empire as a stumbling block to their free trade.At that point in time most kingdoms within the present day South south Nigeria where directly or indirectly under the benin kingdom so They had to launch a full assault on the kingdom.the Benin kingdom fought and lost gallantly.

A weak Oba was pushed into the war with the British by
trouble making lieutenants, they were all hanged
and the Oba spared because he didn't support
the war.

A mere mortal like me didn't ask for the Oba
to be removed, I was referring to the arrested chief.
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by texazzpete(m): 11:28pm On May 08, 2019
Police don buy market
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by Nobody: 1:15am On May 09, 2019
Edo people,I hail ooo grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

28 Homosexuals Arraigned In Lagos Court (Photos) / #ENDSARS Protesters Gather At Lekki Toll Gate Defying 4pm Curfew, Lagos (VIDEO) / Five Men Who Had Sex With A Woman In Her Husband’s House Jailed For 3 Years Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.