Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo (54512 Views)

Soldiers Storm Jakande Detaining Policemen Over Death Of Lagos Trader / Taboo! Police Receive List Of Animals 2 Sacrifice For Detaining Edo Chief Priest / Lagos Police Officers Sleep Off While Detaining Some Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by Youngjohnosas: 6:18am On May 09, 2019
adecz:

A weak Oba was pushed into the war with the British by
trouble making lieutenants, they were all hanged
and the Oba spared because he didn't support
the war.

A mere mortal like me didn't ask for the Oba
to be removed, I was referring to the arrested chief.
the problem here is the arrested chief does not enter Benin traditionally because he had a duel with the oba before he was crowned, its a traditional rite the crown prince has to go through before he is crowned as the Oba.Had it been he was taken to a police station outside Benin, it would have been a different ball game entirely.so the cleansing here has to do with bringing him to Benin when the tradition forbids it.FYI Oba ovoranmen wasnt weak,he was wise,he knew the whites were cunning,he never trusted them but he was just diplomatic never to start the war first.the Oba knew spiritually that the British were a more superior power but he never became an errand boy for them he stood his ground and didn't want to start the war first. FYI from the desperation of the whites to have free trade and with Benin as a stumbling block the whites would have definitely invaded Benin with or without the actions of the Benin warriors.the actions of the warriors only made d invasion quicker.those warriors are legends today in Benin kingdom because they fought courageously to defend the kingdom.
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by perryy(m): 6:21am On May 09, 2019
buharitill2023:
the story is not complete,
is she dead or you divorced her.?
. I mentioned hale and hearty . Gone, in the sense that she has been sent away. She is alive in her father's house there. She is an Igbesa woman .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by perryy(m): 6:57am On May 09, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Compelling story, but I find all this oracles difficult to believe their existence........

I was like u bro. But what happened to me was like magic. After spending more than 400k in six hospitals , including general hospital, Ota Ogun state , there was no solution. Her problem of inability to breath and sleep was given several names by various Drs. Some said it was pneumonia, some said it was TB even when she was not coughing. The Drs even condemned her for being fearful . Until she confessed , she was unable to sleep for 3 good months without being sedated. It was like hell on earth . I was everywhere trying to save her life because I really loved her. But I never knew she was the cause of her problem. Before she regained consciousness to corroborate what the prophetess said , I had already told the parents that I doubt the the prophetess as my lovely wife was incapable of doing such. Even the fist time the woman said she saw a spirit from my village sucking her blood , I suspected some foul play , I thought it was a set up, an arrangement to pin the problem on me . Because , before this time around , her parents were already saying I used their daughter for money rituals.

Things are happening ooo. We must not neglect tradition at all
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by Lexusgs430: 7:10am On May 09, 2019
perryy:

I was like u bro. But what happened to me was like magic. After spending more than 400k in six hospitals , including general hospital, Ota Ogun state , there was no solution. Her problem of inability to breath and sleep was given several names by various Drs. Some said it was pneumonia, some said it was TB even when she was not coughing. The Drs even condemned her for being fearful . Until she confessed , she was unable to sleep for 3 good months without being sedated. It was like hell on earth . I was everywhere trying to save her life because I really loved her. But I never knew she was the cause of her problem. Before she regained consciousness to corroborate what the prophetess said , I had already told the parents that I doubt the the prophetess as my lovely wife was incapable of doing such. Even the fist time the woman said she saw a spirit from my village sucking her blood , I suspected some foul play , I thought it was a set up, an arrangement to pin the problem on me . Because , before this time around , her parents were already saying I used their daughter for money rituals.

Things are happening ooo. We must not neglect tradition at all

Let's agree to disagree on this point....... I personally never believe in cultures and traditions..........

But I humbly respect your views and experience..........

Why can't this traditional voodoo, curse and banish our politicians?......
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by nicelaw(m): 8:03am On May 09, 2019
Walking:
FTC. Such sacrifice on top human being. Nigeria and backwardness ehn..
Not backwardness sir, It's culture
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by adecz: 8:20am On May 09, 2019
Youngjohnosas:
the problem here is the arrested chief does not enter Benin traditionally because he had a duel with the oba before he was crowned, its a traditional rite the crown prince has to go through before he is crowned as the Oba.Had it been he was taken to a police station outside Benin, it would have been a different ball game entirely.so the cleansing here has to do with bringing him to Benin when the tradition forbids it.FYI Oba ovoranmen wasnt weak,he was wise,he knew the whites were cunning,he never trusted them but he was just diplomatic never to start the war first.the Oba knew spiritually that the British were a more superior power but he never became an errand boy for them he stood his ground and didn't want to start the war first. FYI from the desperation of the whites to have free trade and with Benin as a stumbling block the whites would have definitely invaded Benin with or without the actions of the Benin warriors.the actions of the warriors only made d invasion quicker.those warriors are legends today in Benin kingdom because they fought courageously to defend the kingdom.

The scale of human sacrifice in Benin
at that point in time was
just too much.

Remember, slavery had been abolished &
yet the Benin kingdom was still acquiring &
slaughtering slaves at an industrial scale.

The British wanted to dialogue & the Binis would
have nothing of that.

Just like at the time, superstitious culture
decreed that no stranger elements were
allowed to come during the period of those
pagan ceremonies... Of course the oyibo ignored
such laws. Same today, that the chief should not
enter Benin.

No cultural practices is greater than the law
of the country.
Example, if any traditional ruler tries human
sacrifice today, he will be apprehended, tried and
hung.
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by Youngjohnosas: 8:48am On May 09, 2019
adecz:

The scale of human sacrifice in Benin
at that point in time was
just too much.

Remember, slavery had been abolished &
yet the Benin kingdom was still acquiring &
slaughtering slaves at an industrial scale.

The British wanted to dialogue & the Binis would
have nothing of that.

Just like at the time, superstitious culture
decreed that no stranger elements were
allowed to come during the period of those
pagan ceremonies... Of course the oyibo ignored
such laws. Same today, that the chief should not
enter Benin.

No cultural practices is greater than the law
of the country.
Example, if any traditional ruler tries human
sacrifice today, he will be apprehended, tried and
hung.

I hiherto don't support fetish practices,i was born into a Christian home but u cannot smear a tradition that has lived for centuries for trivia issues. the offence of the chief is still yet to be stated. if he committed a grave offence arrest him, try him and punish him but u shouldnt bring him to Benin cos u r desecrating the throne of the oba. prior to that proposed dialogue that turned bloody the Britons have been regular callers at the palace of Benin and have been warmly received.the desperation of the white to amass and loot Benin had grown so much that they couldn't wait for the ceremony to be over. if I pay u an August visit and u ask me to wait outside cos u are busy will I try to forcefully break into ur home?
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by eni123: 7:54pm On May 09, 2019
EmagNig:
The arrest and detention of a Chief priest in Edo, The Chief Priest of Okhuaihe shrine, Osarodion Usuanlele, the Ohen N’ Ukoni Neyedo, at the Edo Police headquarters in Benin City, has caused mayhem in the ancient city.

In a report by The Nation, with the priest’s detention, an age-long tradition which says the Ohen N’ UKoni does not enter Benin, the abode of the Oba, had been desecrated. The truth is that people should learn to obey tradition because it brings life and also kills

Consequently, three dogs were slaughtered as isacrifices were carried out near the police headquarters before the chief priest was released.

Additionally, a list of other items has been given to the police for cleansing sacrifice the land.

The items include 14 native cows, tortoise, sheep, goats, cocks, among others.

It was also gathered that the tradition was started in the 15th century by Oba Ewuare the great.

The chief priest’s shrine is located at Evbiekoi, in Uhunwode Local Government Area, and as part of coronation rites, he would have a symbolic wrestle with the Crown Prince. Both of them would go opposite ways, never to see each other again, once the Crown Prince becomes the Oba.

Trouble started last week when operatives of the anti-cultism unit stormed Evbiekoi community following on a petition by John Elvis (aka Atekha), an ex-official of the banned Community Development Association (CDA), The Nation reports.

Briefing reporters on the incident, Secretary of Evbiekoi community, Chief Paul Ajayi said: “The policemen shot sporadically and insisted on taking Chief Priest Usunalele to Benin City, despite pleas that the man does not enter Benin or he would die.

“A strange and mysterious downpour, accompanied by violent wind, thunder and lightning, were part of the signs of desecration.

“The Oba got the signs of desecration and presence of Ohen N’ UKoni, and sent emissaries to the Police Commissioner, Danmallam Abubakar, after confirming that the Chief Priest was in Benin.”

Meanwhile, the Police Commissioner, Dan has ordered policemen involved in the arrest of Ohen N’ Ukoni to be detained to allay rising tensions in Benin as various youth groups are reportedly preparing to cause mayhem over the alleged desecration of the Benin culture

https://lailasnews.com/police-receive-list-of-animals-to-sacrifice-for-detaining-chief-priest-in-edo/

Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by Ojiofor: 10:23pm On May 09, 2019
Nigeria is at the bottom of third world league of nations.
Re: Police Receive List Of Animals To Sacrifice For Detaining Chief Priest In Edo by perryy(m): 8:28am On May 13, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Let's agree to disagree on this point....... I personally never believe in cultures and traditions..........

But I humbly respect your views and experience..........

Why can't this traditional voodoo, curse and banish our politicians?......
it is because we don't swear politician in with our deities . what they use are the ineffectual bible and koran. If the law is amended and all politicians are sworn in with confined Idol, (our confirmed one in Edo is Ukhure) I can guarantee there would be no more stealing . But who will bell the cat?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hunter Shot Girlfriend In Private Parts For Cheating In Imo / 28 Homosexuals Arraigned In Lagos Court (Photos) / #ENDSARS Protesters Gather At Lekki Toll Gate Defying 4pm Curfew, Lagos (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.