Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Gcse And Nigerian Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gcse And Nigerian Universities (4297 Views)

Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / British GCSE results. See how dumb some British People are! / Where Can I Register/Write GCSE A Level Exams For Entry Into UK Universities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gcse And Nigerian Universities by amliyu: 11:01pm On Sep 21, 2010
Hello all,

We will appreciate some help regarding;

- Information if GCSE is acceptable to Nigerian universities and what are the Entry requirements?
- What do people think about registering and coming back to Nigeria to sit for GCE/NECO/JAMB? or what are the options for our daughter returning to do her University in Nigeria?
- Are there any websites/ distance learning courses teaching exam prep based on Nigerian curriculum?

Thanks.
Re: Gcse And Nigerian Universities by Kadata(m): 5:55pm On Sep 22, 2010
GCSE may not be acceptable in Nigerian universities <to the best of my knowledge>. They accept WASSCE and NECO.

Before you are admitted into any Nigerian uni , you must write UTME administered by JAMB and you must meet the required cut off point. Well you need to supply more info so I can help you on this cos I suspect you are not in Nigeria presently.
Re: Gcse And Nigerian Universities by amliyu: 10:46pm On Sep 22, 2010
Thanks Kadata,

You're right I'm not in Nigeria presently but planning to return next year after many years away. Our eldest is due to finish secondary school   and the plan is 4 university in Nigeria. The problem is, we went through the WAEC, NECO and JAMB  curricula and realised that it will be difficult for her because outside the sciences, the other subjects revolve around Nigeria and Africa.

If GCSE were acceptable, it's probably easier for her to prepare for it.
Re: Gcse And Nigerian Universities by Kadata(m): 12:20am On Sep 23, 2010
In Nigeria, outcomes depends on circumstances , so a few answers might help. Which course is she planning to study? Does she have any particular university in mind? With this you I may know if re-taking an O level exams is worth d stress.

(1) (Reply)

All Those Who Sat For 2009/2010 Sbrs ABU FUNTUA Should Meet Here / 11 Year Old Black Boy With IQ Higher Than Einstein And Stephen Hawking / Yay! I Have Seen My Scores (15th May)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.