Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,905 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Did Your Parents Ever Say "I Love U" When U Were Growing Up? Dont Lie! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did Your Parents Ever Say "I Love U" When U Were Growing Up? Dont Lie! (1580 Views)

Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? / Most Heart-touching Life Experience Your Parents Ever Shared With You / What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Your Parents Ever Say "I Love U" When U Were Growing Up? Dont Lie! by martinosi: 11:28am On Sep 22, 2010
Did your Parents ever say "I love u" when u were growing up?? Dont Lie!!!

I saw the thread "Things that your parents did that were wrong back then" and i was wondering how many of our parents told us "I love you" to
us while we were growing up.

My 1st memory of my parents telling me they love me was my Mum
on my 8th Birthday but my Dad never said that he Loved Me untill
his was about to pass away on his hospital bed

I got to the Hospital late after he had "passed away" but my mum, auntie
and the Dr and nurses told me that he kept on saying that "martin my boy
oh my boy i love you i love you" "i want to be there for you, i love you"

I guess when one is about to leave this world, you now have the urge to say
what you never could have said becuase reality is staring you in the face!!!

But through out my life my Dad was a man not to be "messed with"
and i was afraid of him in an un-healthy way untill i was about 17.

So anyway - Did you parents ever tell you to your face that they "Loved you"
Re: Did Your Parents Ever Say "I Love U" When U Were Growing Up? Dont Lie! by mamaken: 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2010
i tell my children ever evening when i take them to bed.

my parents never told me directly. but i guess actions says more than words. love is shown through care.
if u have become a responsible and respectfull person, well then ur dad has love u so much, even if he never told u in words.
Re: Did Your Parents Ever Say "I Love U" When U Were Growing Up? Dont Lie! by adagz01(m): 1:36pm On Sep 22, 2010
They never told me, but i'm 100% sure they love me (especially my mum) more than saying it,like some1 said action speaks more than word
Re: Did Your Parents Ever Say "I Love U" When U Were Growing Up? Dont Lie! by zayhal(f): 9:38pm On Sep 22, 2010
Neither of them ever told me they loved me but they did more than express it. They showered us all with so much love, care and affection. I remember whenever I fell ill, my dad would keep praying to God to transfer the ailment to him rather than allow his daughter to be in pains.

Imagining it now, I think it'll be awkward for either of them to say "I love you". But they showed it in so many ways. Parents of those days regard such saying as 'oyibo stuff'.
Re: Did Your Parents Ever Say "I Love U" When U Were Growing Up? Dont Lie! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2010
@poster
all the time, till this day!
Re: Did Your Parents Ever Say "I Love U" When U Were Growing Up? Dont Lie! by Purplediamond(f): 7:43pm On Sep 23, 2010
They never did say d words but their action said it all d time. The way dey were raised didnt give dem d opportunity to get used to such sayings.
Re: Did Your Parents Ever Say "I Love U" When U Were Growing Up? Dont Lie! by Loveaflame(m): 9:53pm On Sep 23, 2010
Maybe in the Disney World.I never heard such a thing.Beside they didn't live together.That even made the matters worse because I came from a poly, you know what I mean.

But my mother did show it in her struggling to give a good life and sound education.
Re: Did Your Parents Ever Say "I Love U" When U Were Growing Up? Dont Lie! by MissyB3(f): 11:04pm On Sep 23, 2010
Till tomorrow, my Mum does o.
Esp. to ma brovva  angry

She says it as often as she calls our names, with kisses to go with it. Most of the time, she even calls us 'Love' instead of our real names.
Re: Did Your Parents Ever Say "I Love U" When U Were Growing Up? Dont Lie! by Mobinga: 1:39am On Sep 24, 2010
Missy ★ B:

Till tomorrow, my Mum does o.
Esp. to ma brovva angry

She says it as often as she calls our names, with kisses to go with it. Most of the time, she even calls us 'Love' instead of our real names.

grin grin
Re: Did Your Parents Ever Say "I Love U" When U Were Growing Up? Dont Lie! by Nobody: 1:41am On Sep 24, 2010
lol never. but now my mom uses so frequently it can sometimes get embarrassing. My dad says it mostly in his letters. grin
Re: Did Your Parents Ever Say "I Love U" When U Were Growing Up? Dont Lie! by Hauwa1: 2:28pm On Sep 24, 2010
cuz you dey for obodo oyinbo why not grin grin

davidylan:

lol never. but now my mom uses so frequently it can sometimes get embarrassing. My dad says it mostly in his letters. grin

my mom always use the 'i miss you' like anoda  thing  grin
my dad hand writes me letter even after emailing me, his letters are so lovely and i can always sense the 'i love u' in them.
Re: Did Your Parents Ever Say "I Love U" When U Were Growing Up? Dont Lie! by semid4lyfe(m): 2:51pm On Sep 24, 2010
NO!. . .and I don't intend to tell my own kids too.

If dem nor fit see or know sey I do love them, then nor be me sire them.

I'm not just not cut out for all these "I love you" stuff.
Re: Did Your Parents Ever Say "I Love U" When U Were Growing Up? Dont Lie! by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 24, 2010
semid4lyfe:

NO!. . .and I don't intend to tell my own kids too.

If dem nor fit see or know sey I do love them, then nor be me sire them.

I'm not just not cut out for all these "I love you" stuff.
LMAO what our parents teach us is offcourse what we teach our kids grin

@topic,my mom does, but not all the time. Only when I'm extremely sad, down, happy, or achieve something great. (And to be honest I like
it like that. I don't want her telling me "I love you" every second of the day.)
Re: Did Your Parents Ever Say "I Love U" When U Were Growing Up? Dont Lie! by Igwe9(m): 5:24pm On Sep 24, 2010
Not at all, to them, it's meant to be used at each other, but nonetheless, there actions speak that always.
Re: Did Your Parents Ever Say "I Love U" When U Were Growing Up? Dont Lie! by blank(f): 9:21am On Sep 28, 2010
My parents always gave each of us a hug, a peck n den told us how much they loved us n den we return d actions n words.
In d mornings, my mum always woke us up with a gentle shake n sometimes with a peck. She would ask how our nights were with a loving look.
When we were ready 4 school, she would give each of us a hug n tell us dat she loved us.
Now that we are all grown up, it is not as frequent. We hardly even say it on d phone now. So sad.
Re: Did Your Parents Ever Say "I Love U" When U Were Growing Up? Dont Lie! by nellaluv(f): 1:45pm On Sep 28, 2010
lol, my mum does say "i love u" "i miss u guys" , but my dad doesnt say nothing, yuck!, i'm glad he doesn't, kinda look awkward lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Did Your Parents Ever Say "I Love U" When U Were Growing Up? Dont Lie! by tolutara: 9:14pm On Sep 28, 2010
For where? sad they were never around to take care of their parental responsibilities. Some Nigerian Parents and "Owanbe" Parties. Irresponsible folks. angry

I learnt from their mistakes. My kids are surrounded by Dad and mum telling and showing them we love them. Not we love u but also how great they are, smiley

(1) (Reply)

Thanksgiving Thread For Nairalanders / OMG! What's Wrong With This Photo?! / How Annoying Do You Find This Question. When Are You Getting Married(1-100)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.