Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,290 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Cassava Farming Business:how To Make Profit From Cassava Tubers In 2019. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cassava Farming Business:how To Make Profit From Cassava Tubers In 2019. (777 Views)

How To Make Money From Cassava Farming In Nigeria / My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner / Cassava Production: And A List Of Companies That Buy Cassava Tubers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cassava Farming Business:how To Make Profit From Cassava Tubers In 2019. by vivianchiomaume(f): 1:47pm On May 10, 2019
NEW IMPROVED CASSAVA VARIETIES

This is a question you must ask yourself this year, How can i make money from cassava farming business in 2019.For generations its believed that farming is done by peasant farmers in the village but in this present dispensation that is not the case.Cassava farming is seen as a great opportunity for investors presently. The untapped agricultural sector can become or has already become a means of feeding the world population of about 6.5 billion.

Cassava can be referred to as a cash or season crop which can be planted and harvested within 7-12 months depending on the specie or variety planted.

Through the collaborate effort of the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) and the Nigerian Roots Crops Research Institution(NRCRI) in Umudike,two improved cassava varieties have been developed.The two varieties originally known as IITA -developed genotypes: IITA – TMS – 1982132 and IITA- TMS – 1011206 are now known as UMUCASS 42 and UMUCASS 43.

Both varieties are known for their high yield, dry matter and high resistance to diseases like cassava mosaic, cassava bacterial blight,cassava green mite etc

Both are yellow in color and contain moderate levels of pro – vitamin A. Their maximum yield is between 49-53 tons per hectare while the local breed produces less than 10 tons per hectare.

In a presentation by DR Chiedozie Egesi (NRCRI )Cassava breeder to the Nigerian Varietal Release Committee, he identified the following qualities;

both are good for high quality cassava flour. Due to its high dry matter content it becomes crucial for starch production. Thereby important for the cassava value chain.
3.It contains high leaf retention.These varieties are drought tolerant and the implication is that it can be planted in drier regions thereby can mitigate against climate change.
. They contain moderate levels of Beta Carotene which in turn enhances nutrition.

As the years go by cassava as a root or cash crop is no longer regarded as a “poor man’s”crop but has been transformed into an industrial crop planted and processed by industrial companies into products such as starch, flour, glucose and most especially ethanol. This complete transformation or transition has caused an increase in the demand for cassava. Invariably this new development of varieties by researchers is a means of boosting the steady supply of cassava roots which is a plus for the value chain and the industry as a whole.

Again Dr Chiedozie Egesi is of the view that the new improved varieties will help in stabilizing production, in processing and marketing of cassava products.

HOW THE ABOVE CAN TRANSLATE TO PROFITABILITY

Taking into consideration the potential maximum yield of the varieties, a good business man or investor can take advantage and decide to plant this specie knowing that at the end of the day there is guarantee of harvesting between 49-53 tons per hectare as against 10 tons of the local specie. Bearing in mind the various qualities discussed, i.e the production of ethanol from cassava ( Manihot Esculenta). Ethanol is produced commercially by chemical synthesis and fermentation. But due to the problem encountered in the high cost of importation it becomes imperative to source for local raw materials to replace the imported ethanol.It then becomes necessary to consider using the aforementioned improved variety because of its high yield quality of starch for the production of alcohol.

Success in business is the ability to identify people’s need and add value. A need identified here is the unavailability of the commercial production of alcohol from cassava in Nigeria. Yearly huge amounts is spent on importation of ethanol for pharmaceutical and industrial companies. Economically, production of ethanol from cassava roots becomes a viable option as a source of local raw material.

Government alone cannot get the job done, the private sector must be involved. All hands must be on deck to move this nation forward.

The farmer who wants to carve a niche for himself can decide to plant cassava according to specification demanded by any industrial companies like Nestle etc for supply. No one is left out, there is something for everyone along the value chain. Take a quality decision which aspect to invest in and begin to make profit.

On how you can acquire land to begin planting according to specification especially around Ogun State contact us here.

Whatsapp:08182557434, Mobile: 08074710174.
click here to read more>>>http://agroalliednigeria.com.ng.
Re: Cassava Farming Business:how To Make Profit From Cassava Tubers In 2019. by Godben(m): 3:41pm On May 10, 2019
i need a land to and stems to plant, am really interested, am in ogun state pls anyone that can help should contact me
08169753104 is my contact and whatsapp
Re: Cassava Farming Business:how To Make Profit From Cassava Tubers In 2019. by vivianchiomaume(f): 10:37am On May 13, 2019
hello Mr Godben
we chatted on whatsapp and you requested for the price of leasing a land. you got the information and did not get back to me on it.What do you want to do next.
Re: Cassava Farming Business:how To Make Profit From Cassava Tubers In 2019. by Ryan14(m): 11:45pm On May 13, 2019
I can supply upto 50-100MT of Raw Cassava with Vitamin A.(Yellow Cassava)

Reach me on.

Kindly note; Our farms are all in North CROSS River state
Re: Cassava Farming Business:how To Make Profit From Cassava Tubers In 2019. by vivianchiomaume(f): 1:12pm On May 20, 2019
At what price do you want to sell per ton

(1) (Reply)

2019 Agro Award Giving 2 CEO Sedulus Farms Nig Limited / Critical Success Factors Of Poultry Farming / Raw Groundnut In Tons Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.