Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,777 members, 7,955,970 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:04 PM

Dating Your Uncle's Brother's Wife's Niece - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dating Your Uncle's Brother's Wife's Niece (8327 Views)

I Caught My Husband Sniffing My Niece's Pants / The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife / My Brother's Wife Wants to Sleep With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating Your Uncle's Brother's Wife's Niece by scottN(m): 4:16pm On May 03, 2007
How would you define the relationship between you and your FATHER'S BROTHER'S WIFE'S NIECE! Is it legal to go out with her and go on to marry her?
Re: Dating Your Uncle's Brother's Wife's Niece by drrionelli(m): 6:54pm On May 03, 2007
OK, you say it's your father's brother's wife's neice. I trust then that we can safely say since your father's brother is your uncle, then this is your uncle's wife's neice, correct? And, since your uncle's wife would be your aunt, then it's your aunt's neice, right?

Now it gets interesting--this neice could be the daughter of your aunt's brother and sister-in-law OR your aunt's sister and brother-in-law. Either way, there is no direct bloodline that would link you to this neice, as she is the result of a union between your blood uncle's spouse and somebody else outside both your uncle's (hence, your) and his wife's (your aunt's) families.

You might want to check local laws to determine any issues of legality as to whom you are able to date!
Re: Dating Your Uncle's Brother's Wife's Niece by Seun(m): 7:04pm On May 04, 2007
I think you can date your uncle's wife's niece. (Your uncle's wife is not your aunt.)
Re: Dating Your Uncle's Brother's Wife's Niece by drrionelli(m): 10:47pm On May 06, 2007
By marriage, Seun. Or, if one would prefer, "aunt-in-law." grin
Re: Dating Your Uncle's Brother's Wife's Niece by Nobody: 2:31am On Jun 27, 2008
Just wondering what uncle's brother means, no be another uncle?
Re: Dating Your Uncle's Brother's Wife's Niece by beecrofty(m): 7:47pm On Dec 27, 2008
See question sef!! shocked
Re: Dating Your Uncle's Brother's Wife's Niece by MLSwiss: 11:56pm On Jan 29, 2011
drrionelli:

OK, you say it's your father's brother's wife's neice. I trust then that we can safely say since your father's brother is your uncle, then this is your uncle's wife's neice, correct? And, since your uncle's wife would be your aunt, then it's your aunt's neice, right?

Now it gets interesting--this neice could be the daughter of your aunt's brother and sister-in-law OR your aunt's sister and brother-in-law. Either way, there is no direct bloodline that would link you to this neice, as she is the result of a union between your blood uncle's spouse and somebody else outside both your uncle's (hence, your) and his wife's (your aunt's) families.

You might want to check local laws to determine any issues of legality as to whom you are able to date!

How can your uncle's wife be your aunt? :O
Re: Dating Your Uncle's Brother's Wife's Niece by SweetT1: 12:37am On Jan 30, 2011
scottN:

How would you define the relationship between you and your FATHER'S BROTHER'S WIFE'S NIECE! Is it legal to go out with her and go on to marry her?

What about having sex with your husband-sister-fester-Gumbo? Nonsense.
Re: Dating Your Uncle's Brother's Wife's Niece by Ndipe(m): 2:32am On Jan 30, 2011
M.L.Swiss:

How canĀ  your uncle's wife be your aunt? :O

Your uncle's wife is your aunt.
Re: Dating Your Uncle's Brother's Wife's Niece by MLSwiss: 3:20pm On Jan 30, 2011
Ndipe:

Your uncle's wife is your aunt.

You must be kidding right? How in the world can you be related to your uncle's wife? What makes her your aunt?
Re: Dating Your Uncle's Brother's Wife's Niece by naijafrend: 6:21pm On Jan 30, 2011
Isn't there a mistake in the subject? Shouldn't it be uncle's wife's niece / father's brother's wife's niece ?

@Topic
Since the subject of your love is in no way your blood/immediate relative, there shouldn't be a problem.
Re: Dating Your Uncle's Brother's Wife's Niece by Ndipe(m): 12:33am On Jan 31, 2011
M.L.Swiss:

You must be kidding right? How in the world can you be related to your uncle's wife? What makes her your aunt?

Definitions of aunt on the Web:

the sister of your father or mother; the wife of your uncle
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
Re: Dating Your Uncle's Brother's Wife's Niece by MLSwiss: 6:42pm On Jan 31, 2011
Ndipe:

Definitions of aunt on the Web:

the sister of your father or mother; the wife of your uncle
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
You're absolutely DUMB ! Take a look at the definition you just copy pasted ! How is your parent's sibling's wife your AUNT? You AREN'T blood related to your uncle's wife !
Re: Dating Your Uncle's Brother's Wife's Niece by Ndipe(m): 10:24pm On Jan 31, 2011
M.L.Swiss:

You're absolutely DUMB ! Take a look at the definition you just copy pasted ! How is your parent's sibling's wife your AUNT? You AREN'T blood related to your uncle's wife !

Go and challenge the meaning of "Aunt" in a court of law against the dictionary and lets see who will prevail.
Re: Dating Your Uncle's Brother's Wife's Niece by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:50pm On Feb 01, 2011
scottN:

you should have started from the other end i.e the niece of your uncle's wife, the uncle being the brother to your father or your mum's brother
Re: Dating Your Uncle's Brother's Wife's Niece by sweeti14(f): 6:45pm On Feb 01, 2011
Shooooo dat one nah long journey oh! shocked Sha IMO it should not really be an issue since you guyz are related by marriage and not blood undecided
Re: Dating Your Uncle's Brother's Wife's Niece by bobbyray(m): 12:58pm On Feb 03, 2011
i can date and marry anybody so far she is not my immediate sister or mother
Re: Dating Your Uncle's Brother's Wife's Niece by samtoye(m): 2:15pm On Feb 03, 2011
See my people o! Na so una dey take fail jamb!!!! Examiner set question, you guys re-set your own question and started attempting to answer it!!! The guy asked for advice to marry someone, we changed the topic to definition of aunt!!!! haba! bros go marry the guy jare, nothing do you!
Re: Dating Your Uncle's Brother's Wife's Niece by bobbyray(m): 2:30pm On Feb 03, 2011
grin grin grin grin

dem tooo sabi english

(1) (Reply)

Who Comes First, Your Mother Or Your Wife? / SOLD!!! Baby Beds For Sale / See What People Are Buying Now For Arthritis - Knee Protector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.