Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,785 members, 7,956,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:59 PM

Project Work - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Project Work (955 Views)

Html And CSS Project Work / Help Needed On My Project Work Using Microcontrollers / Latex Program For My Project Work In Mathematics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Project Work by Amarao(f): 8:54pm On May 03, 2007
Hello,

My supervisor at school gave me a project on fortran 77. It is obsolete but she insist I use it to work on my project. I was asked to write algorithms to solve mathematical problems.

Please help.

Thanks
Re: Project Work by enohj2ee(m): 9:25pm On May 03, 2007
what type of mathematical problem, start the theory base of its mathematical term, i mean solve it out mathematically and i will gve the programming Algorithms
but which school is that that is still teaching Fortrans in the school sylable u mater change to this growing world of object oriented programming world.
Re: Project Work by Amarao(f): 9:47pm On May 03, 2007
Thanks a lot

She hasn't actually given me the mathematical problems to do yet for my project, she gave me an assignment on quadratic

equation for now, but I don't know how to write algorithms.

Amara
Re: Project Work by enohj2ee(m): 10:15am On May 04, 2007
state the mathematical functions of the Equation
Re: Project Work by neroflick(m): 2:21am On May 06, 2007
Amarao:

Hello,

My supervisor at school gave me a project on fortran 77. It is obsolete but she insist I use it to work on my project. I was asked to write algorithms to solve mathematical problems.

Please help.

Thanks

na wah for ur supervisor o! fortran 77 in this day and age?  sad
Re: Project Work by my2cents(m): 3:37am On May 06, 2007
neroflick,

na so o. When I was coming up in the programming world, we were made to learn Paschal. I think the reasoning is, and I could be wrong, it's all about logic and not the language per se. So by learning in an archaic, procedural language, you get a better appreciation for the latest generation, object-oriented languages.

Just like history, you need to know where you were in order to know where you are going. Also, by studying it, you are not doomed to repeat it.

Again, I could be wrong, but that is just my one man's opinion about it.

(1) (Reply)

Anybody Got Python Learning Material? / I Am Schedle For An It Interview What Do I Expect / Ajax & .net Anyone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.