Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,316 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Widow Who Sells ‘akara’ For A Living Becomes Lagos Landlord - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Widow Who Sells ‘akara’ For A Living Becomes Lagos Landlord (350 Views)

The Struggling #nairalife Of A Widow Who’s Raising Four Kids / Widow Who Rides Keke, Becomes A Successful Entrepreneur, Inspires Nigerians / Widow Who Rides A Keke Napep For A Living Shares Her Emotional Story (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Widow Who Sells ‘akara’ For A Living Becomes Lagos Landlord by OlaThePlug(m): 12:06am On May 16, 2019
A banker on Twitter, Aijay with the handle @cyberagbero has narrated how a widow who sells bean ball (akara), puff-puff, pap, fried yam is now a landlady of two 3-bedroom flats and still lives in a one room (face-me-I-slap-you) apartment.

Aijay revealed the woman’s husband passed away years ago and the woman could not provide for herself and her five kids.

Read below the inspirational story of how the woman was able to make a living and also own a house.

There’s a woman who lives two streets away from where I stay, her husband passed on years back.

On my way back from work one day, I stopped at the suya spot close to my house to buy suya when this woman approached me & said she wanted to talk to me.

After buying the suya, we both went to the house. She explained how rough things have been for her since her husband left & how her little kiosk wasn’t able to cater for her & her 5kids.

She came to see if there was a way I could help with a loan of 50k payable in 3 months.

Inside I smiled; cos she sees me dress in suit & head out to work everyday she must assume my dad owns the bank & I can influence policy & get them to give a loan to a non-customer.

Long serving customers find it difficult accessing loan’s let alone someone without an account.

Read full story here:

https://www.kemifilani.com/2019/05/widow-who-sells-akara-for-a-living-becomes-lagos-landlord.html

Re: Widow Who Sells ‘akara’ For A Living Becomes Lagos Landlord by Nobody: 8:26am On May 16, 2019
This is good,kudos to her

(1) (Reply)

Don't Make Excuse, Make Progress... Your Weekend Might Be Your Solution. Read! / Enroll For The Next UK HSE And PMP Training In Nigeria, June 2019 / Financial Books Every Entrepreneur Should Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.