Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,285 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector (15154 Views)

Davido Pushing A Physically Challenged Lady In A Wheelchair (Photos) / Vector: I Was Aroused Kissing Seyi Shay In "Lara And The Beat" Movie / Sonia IK Ogbonna: We Didn't Divorce When Things Were Harsh, Thank God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by nairalaila: 3:54am On May 17, 2019
Vector who spoke at the maiden edition of Street Voices, a youth advocacy event held at the Yaba College of Technology, Lagos, stated that the harsh living conditions has pushed youths into fraud. The rapper who argued that no Nigerian youth had ever dreamed of ending up on the streets, stated that they were forced by circumstances beyond their control. According to Vector, the prevailing harsh living conditions pushed some youths into surviving by any means possible, including through fraud.

“The youths need to adopt good mentors, rather than those who will lure them into fraudulent activities. The Internet age should afford the youths an opportunity to make better and informed choices. But the Federal Government must play its own role also. I see an advocacy group like Street Voices as a forum to lend their voices to critical issues affecting the youth and the Nigerian society as a whole" he said. 

https://unclesuru.com/2019/05/17/harsh-living-conditions-pushing-youths-into-fraud-vector/

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by nairalaila: 4:05am On May 17, 2019
angry angry angry angry
Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by internationalman(m): 5:27am On May 17, 2019
Considerate fellow.

19 Likes

Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by Ibcrown(m): 5:29am On May 17, 2019
Plain truth but the govt and their bloody FCC won't see to this! If you're a youth in this country and your first 3 plan is not to leave the country, then you're a failed youth. Nobody should come for me ooo

81 Likes

Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by Sheriman(m): 5:30am On May 17, 2019
We all know that but it is not an excuse to YAHOO..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by lonlytroy(m): 5:30am On May 17, 2019
And it has come to stay due to government and parental negligence

1 Like

Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by jaxxy(m): 5:31am On May 17, 2019
Smbody who sees the light is finally talking. U can not attack yahoo boys and hail ur political godfathers and sponsors and crooked politicians. U must condemn both in same voice all together.

Most people doing yahoo learnt corruption from our politicians. It is a product of of failed moral and corrupt system led by politicians. How can a man steal state funds and people still hail him. We are not yet serious.

Fix and cleanse the corruption in our politics and see yahoo disappear like a heat rash. How hard is it to investigate and arrest corrupt politicians who have destroyed the future of this country for the youths

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by stag: 5:32am On May 17, 2019
When you hear things like this, it almost sounds true but no, it’s not true...

You wonder: how many Yahoo boys channel the proceeds to alleviate harsh living conditions?

Yeah, I know. They also pay hotels 20k a night & live in hotels 6 months straight

Oh I forgot, they drive entertainment and auto industry & help night clubs generate revenue by buying Hennessy

Legit people do all these over & over again. In my opinion, Yahoo boys help inflation undecided

Modified:
Before you quote me

Ask yourself: Should the whole country turn blind eye to an evil that will consume all of us eventually because ‘our politicians are the problem’?
We as a people are the problem. Politicians are part of us. Politicians are a reflection of a people.

And before you start with your blackmailing ‘hypocrisy’ lectures, I ask you:
Because a father once stole pencil in primary school, should he turn blind eye when his son brings home pencil that is not his? And in fact, support & glorify him?
Just so he won’t be called a hypocrite?

Yahoo-yahoo supporters should stop blackmailing people into silence!

What is bad, is bad.

Glorifying it because the country is a shthole is a new low.

People may have reasons for their actions, right or wrong. But I am against justifying Yahoo-Yahoo.

Don’t justify crime.

71 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by Sirjohn84(m): 5:32am On May 17, 2019
True but stil never an excuse for yahoo yahoo

2 Likes

Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by Nobody: 5:34am On May 17, 2019
kiss
Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by texazzpete(m): 5:34am On May 17, 2019
Yes, it's hard living conditions that makes youths dupe vulnerable old ladies just to buy expensive cars and pop expensive bottles of champagne.

/s

Most of these 'successful' Yahoo boys live lives that cannot be funded with even a 300k per month salary, so disregard that BS that they do this because there aren't any jobs.

I wonder if Vector will accept "country hard o" as an excuse from a kidnapper or armed robber or ritual killer?

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by Gentlewarrior1(m): 5:34am On May 17, 2019
Vector is right but unfortunately

Nigerians are hypocritical backward thinking bastards

I have lost hope in this country. When i travelled outside naija was when my disgust for naija grew. We are really suffering and we have gotten used to it. Chains of corruotion, tribalism, religious bigoty and hypocrisy will forever hold naija down.

98% of Nigerians are corrupt and as good as fraudsters in one way or the other. See some people criticising yahoo boys as if they are better; the truth is almost every country has fraudsters/hackers most are even way more advanced than naija yahoo boys but they are few because there's a way out for them in their countries, their government are accountable and working towards providing job for the youths and all. We have vast wealth being wasted by a select elite. Do you know how painful it is to go graduate from a tertiary institution in this hellhole of a nation with its suicidal educational system and safistic lecturers yet ine cant secure a job or will be offered a paltry 30k as job even with your sharp 2.1 and smart mindset. This country disgust me. Ordinary 24hours light self na problem, poor health care so tey government officials and our bastard president will have the effontery to travel abroad if them get headache. Looting up amd down billions upon billions of nigerian money stacked in switzerland, uk, us, dubai , netherlands and many other countries while we languish in abject poverty

Nigerian government from the president down are fraudsters
Our judiciary fraudsters
Efcc is still a fraudulent organization
Custom fraud
Millitary fraud
Police armed fraudulent thiefs
Civil servants scammers
Lecturers corrupt
Market people fraudsters

The system is corrupt. The sytem gave birth to this same yahoo boys

Funny how you will see one idiot lecturer that sorts his/her course in the university open their worthless hypocritical corrupt mouth and be talking shiit about yahoo boys.

Nigerians are hypocrites and we can continue deceiving ourselves but unless we tackle the root cause of our problem as a nation then we are going no where. The more the fight against yahoo boys intensifies without adequate provision of jobs, then believe me we are only giving rooms to berth more armed robbers and kidnappers and all manner of criminals. As shameful as it sounds we should even be grateful to yahoo boys for the forex they bring to nigeria; this boys have taken this criminality to empower and employ themselves from their proceeds business is booming real estate is booming music industry is booming their family members and friends are benefitting one way or the other. People fail to realise or try to downplay the impact of yahoo yahoo to our economy. Its a shame really but if you are not fighting the government then you have no right whatsoever to criticize yahoo boys because you yourself is most likely benefiting from their proceeds in ways you never or even you're most likely a corrupt scammer maybe in your office job or even line of business. Because those who engage in bribery and corruption are similar to scammers and are both illegal.

What we need is a revolution but unfortunately we still dey form too strong and we never suffer too much not to talk of tribalism and religious bigotry all this no go allow us challenge the system. Even disintegration self dem no gree

I swear Naija is a big shameless shithole. Travel outside naija and see for yourself

When you travel outside this shithole you will feel like crying. I almost shed tears my first time outside naija. Its really sad being a Nigerian. We deceive ourselves too much

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by Nobody: 5:37am On May 17, 2019
texazzpete:
Yes, it's hard living conditions that makes youths dupe vulnerable old ladies just to buy expensive cars and pop expensive bottles of champagne.

/s

Most of these 'successful' Yahoo boys live lives that cannot be funded with even a 300k per month salary, so disregard that BS that they do this because there aren't any jobs.

I wonder if Vector will accept "country hard o" as an excuse from a kidnapper or armed robber or ritual killer?
Use ur head well b4 miners help u out
Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by ThatFairGuy: 5:43am On May 17, 2019
Are you saying solution to headache is cutting off the head
Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by Nobody: 5:45am On May 17, 2019
Rather than DRINKING SNIPER and wasting your LIFE, I urge all these SUICIDEES to step forward in a SOLIDARITY MARCH across the country with the SUICIDEES leading the way.... to the ASO ROCK villa and the HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY.
International JOURNALISTS will be engaged to record any impending MASSACRE

PLEASE REDIRECT your SUICIDE properly. We need it repositioned

4 Likes

Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by Basher8583: 5:49am On May 17, 2019
itspzpics:
Hmmm u r right bro

I beg to differ.
Harsh life has always veen in Nija tey tey ask your parents.
Parenting values have changed in Nija plus technology and aggressive western influence has worsened it.
Back in the days there was limited or no access to internet. Youtube facebook instagram etc wasnt available. If you must knoe this are where those idiots flaunt thier ill gotten wealth.

Music back in the days were based on values and modestly on women with less emphasis on extreem wealth, unclad women, alcohol etc.

Churches were more focused back then such that it was normal for Jamb and Waec to entrust the examination papers to revered men of god for safe keeping.

Please also note that its weak and lazy to blame FEDs for everything. If you are rotten thats you and no one is resppnsible for that except you. Norhing justifies your action to comit fraud. The laws are there. If they venture into it and get caught its thier choice.

These generation of youth are so much in a hurry to make money and are so stupid and non discrete about it (talk of karma). They leave thier parents house to leave on thier own. Most of them have dropped out of school.

I know some in oke ira ogba that the luckiest one out of the group of benz driving idiots have just 12years to leave

Very sad

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by mohammedisa27: 5:49am On May 17, 2019
Viper s talking. ....Shame fraudulent activities

1 Like

Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by Gosj01(m): 5:54am On May 17, 2019
Really, is this a justification for doing it?

Selling cheap and super neat laptops is what I do.

Details on signature.
Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by Basher8583: 5:54am On May 17, 2019
texazzpete:

/s

Dont mind the Vector dude. Is he any different from them

6 Likes

Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by dreamwords: 6:05am On May 17, 2019
We are all scammers in one way or the other

3 Likes

Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by samydo(m): 6:13am On May 17, 2019
grue talk bro
Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by roundman: 6:20am On May 17, 2019
Our values are dead, there is no justification to eulogies this rubbish. I still know people doing 40k jobs with family they have not resulted to crime, greed is the driving force here, don't support rubbish vector.

10 Likes

Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by Pavore9: 6:22am On May 17, 2019
No rationalization. Why even after scamming their victims thousands of dollars, which translates to millions of naira they still look for another to scam. Fraud is addictive.

2 Likes

Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by Kulikulitapa: 6:22am On May 17, 2019
jaxxy:
Smbody who sees the light is finally talking. U can not attack yahoo boys and hail ur political godfathers and sponsors and crooked politicians. U must condemn both in same voice all together.

Most people doing yahoo learnt corruption form our politicians. It is a product of of failed moral and corrupt system led by politicians. How can a man steal state funds and people still hail him. We are not yet serious.

Fix and cleanse the corruption in our politics and see yahoo disappear like a heat rash. How hard is it to investigate and arrest corrupt politicians who have destroyed the future of this country for the youths

May almighty God bless your entire generation. You have said it all. Best comment so far.
Re: Harsh Living Conditions Pushing Youths Into Fraud – Vector by Johncables402: 6:24am On May 17, 2019
You mean Buhari's incompetence are driving the youth to crime? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check Out The Billionaires Who Are The Biggest Sponsors Of Music In Nigeria / M Trill Celebrates His 41st Birthday Today / Abuja Body Of Comedians Hold Dinner Reception (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.