Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper (1502 Views)

Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? / How Long To Clear A Car At The Port(Tincan) - Losing Trust For Agent / 12 Steps To Clear A Car Through Nigeria Customs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 18, 2019
Hi...ppl

Have you clearing a vehicle from port and do customs paper

By yourself.....without using any Nigerian agent??

How do you do it?

Thanks
Re: Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper by legalwealth(m): 5:54pm On May 18, 2019
Don't go there at the moment for you not to get your fingers burnt.

Land borders are officially closed at the moment! !!
Re: Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:47pm On May 18, 2019
legalwealth:
Don't go there at the moment for you not to get your fingers burnt.

Land borders are officially closed at the moment! !!

but he didn't specify whether the vehicle came in through land, sea or air!

@op, if u are a first timer... I'd strongly suggest you do this through an accredited and licensed agent... else u probably would spend X2 of what u are supposed while wasting twice the required time!

cc saintjoel

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper by dannybrasky(m): 7:54pm On May 18, 2019
So legalwealth dodged his thread and came to create nuisance on another person thread without simple comprehension grin

Did he tell u he would be using land boarder? Mr sofo,I won't be surprised if legalwealth is planning a new career as a clearing agent grin Another failure loading.How far with your house rent/ caretaker career thread? U don abandon that one too grin

Anyway we dey wait you for your clean title and reasonably accidented car thread,dont waste my time biko grin

obekediamondfuto:

@op, if u are a first timer... I'd strongly suggest you do this through an accredited and licensed agent... else u probably would spend X2 of what u are supposed while wasting twice the required time!

cc saintjoel
Re: Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 18, 2019
Anyway...thanks for your contribution

Please I didn't meant land border.....I mean if it is sea.
Thanks
Re: Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 18, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

cc saintjoel

OK thanks....but getting reliable, trustworthy and honesty agent....is some how
Hard.... because there are scammer everywhere.

Everyone want to render service and !make money.
Re: Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:39pm On May 18, 2019
Akinola234:

OK thanks....but getting reliable, trustworthy and honesty agent....is some how
Hard.... because there are scammer everywhere.

Everyone want to render service and !make money.

there are several threads on custom duties here.... u can search...
alternatively the monicker that responded to u first is currently driving an Accord without custom duties due to his lack of observation and gross ignorance!

u can click on his monicker to know more about his ordeal so it can guide u in the right direction!

I totally agree with u about everyone being about making money... but there is a tiny fraction of that pool of "everyone" that is not just about the money... they are difficult to find but u will find as u have set out to search!

your focus should be getting the right value for your money, as for money..... everyone is out to get it!

cc heavenlybang, Gazuzz, nurey, chukel, thebigkendo, diportivo ET all... and all the Bloody car dealers... any
tip for this guy before someone here will poach him, when he has not even paid his own duty!

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:41pm On May 18, 2019
bloody car dealing sauceep i sight u oh!
grin
Re: Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:50pm On May 18, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

there are several threads on custom duties here.... u can search...
alternatively the monicker that responded to u first is currently driving an Accord without custom duties due to his lack of observation and gross ignorance!

u can click on his monicker to know more about his ordeal so it can guide u in the right direction!

I totally agree with u about everyone being about making money... but there is a tiny fraction of that pool of "everyone" that is not just about the money... they are difficult to find but u will find as u have set out to search!

your focus should be getting the right value for your money, as for money..... everyone is out to get it!

cc heavenlybang, Gazuzz, nurey, chukel, thebigkendo, diportivo ET all... and all the Bloody car dealers... any
tip for this guy before someone here will poach him, when he has not even paid his own duty!

Absolutely correct. Forget about doing it yourself, OP; just get quotes from multiple agents and deal with the one with the cleanest background and most accountability. Better to slightly overpay than to have pay and get a fake duty.

When clearing my car, I got quotes from like 6 different agents, with as much as 120k difference across prices quoted. It's not an exact science but there is a pattern to it.
Re: Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 18, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Absolutely correct. Forget about doing it yourself, OP; just get quotes from multiple agents and deal with the one with the cleanest background and most accountability. Better to slightly overpay than to have pay and get a fake duty.

When clearing my car, I got quotes from like 6 different agents, with as much as 120k difference across prices quoted. It's not an exact science but there is a pattern to it.

Appreciation bro...
Re: Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 18, 2019
More suggestion...

More tips.

People... What is experience on the above subject?

Thanks.
Re: Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper by nurey(m): 9:36pm On May 18, 2019
cc sheffyutd saintjoel
those are the old agents on NL I can remember
Re: Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper by sheffyUTD(m): 10:37pm On May 18, 2019
nurey:
cc
sheffyutd
saintjoel

those are the old agents on NL I can remember

Thanks for the mention chief
Re: Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper by thebigkendo(m): 10:51pm On May 18, 2019
I doubt if its even possible to clear good by yourself..
Heavenlybang why not recommend the agant you used for your car
Re: Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:07pm On May 18, 2019
thebigkendo:
I doubt if its even possible to clear good by yourself..
Heavenlybang why not recommend the agant you used for your car

It's possible, I think. Just that it's supposedly verrry stressful.

OP can send me an email.
Re: Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper by sultaan(m): 6:13am On May 19, 2019
If they make it possible for owners to clear a simple car, those who make a living and fortune from this simple proceess will be redundant
Re: Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper by dannybrasky(m): 7:41am On May 19, 2019
Safe yourself the stress,I believe you are familiar with the kind of country we live in. Take for instance,there is a process put in place for individuals to process an international passport through do it your self,and we all know what the outcome would be if you choose to follow such process. It would take you weeks if not months b4 seeing talk more of laying your hands on your passport. (Frustration by our oga's at the top,if u know u know grin)

My candid advise,some agents have been recommended to you by some guru's in the house,call to compare prices and then make do with one. Best wishes.
Re: Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper by Nobody: 8:21am On May 19, 2019
dannybrasky:
Safe yourself the stress,I believe you are familiar with the kind of country we live in. Take for instance,there is a process put in place for individuals to process an international passport through do it your self,and we all know what the outcome would be if you choose to follow such process. It would take you weeks if not months b4 seeing talk more of laying your hands on your passport. (Frustration by our oga's at the top,of u know u know grin)

My candid advise,some agents have been recommended to you by some guru's in the house,call to compare prices and then make do with one. Best wishes.
Thanks...
Re: Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper by Nobody: 8:22am On May 19, 2019
sultaan:
If they make it possible for owners to clear a simple car, those who make a living and fortune from this simple proceess will be redundant
Good talk
Re: Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper by Nobody: 8:29am On May 19, 2019
My appreciation goes to everyone who stop and give his/her opinion
On the above matter.

I thanks everyone for your candid suggestion,advice and opinion.

I think that I ave agree and draw the conclusion here....looked for credible, and reliable agents
Compared and reviews before using any.

OK....thanks once again all.

But if you still have any words to say.... You can still drop it here.
Appreciate.
Re: Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper by timifakay(m): 11:28am On May 19, 2019
The Nigerian port is a total mess, just a single visit and anyone will know trying to go DIY when clearing a car is a no go area.
Re: Do It Yourself Clearing (have You Clear A Vehicle From Port And Do Customs Paper by thebigkendo(m): 12:23pm On May 19, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

It's possible, I think. Just that it's supposedly verrry stressful.

OP can send me an email.

Yeah just as Bail is free grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Market Price For Half And Top Engine For Mercedez Benz / BMW E46: Double Vanos And No Vanos(m43), Which One Is Better? / Why Do Women Drive With The Steering Close To Their Chest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.