Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,895 members, 7,814,026 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Pig Farmers Here I Need Your Opinion - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farmers Here I Need Your Opinion (743 Views)

South West Pig Farmers Gather Here / Pig Farmers Demand For Piggery Colonies / Nairaland Pig Farmers Host Free Pork Tasting Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pig Farmers Here I Need Your Opinion by Orodje(m): 10:01pm On May 18, 2019
I just started my Pig farm not quite long and one of the Pregnant PIg gave birth, it gave birth to 10 piglets actually and I was happy coz it’s her first time hoping when she gives birth again she would bear more but to my greatest surprise almost all of the piglets were dieing on a daily after the treatment the Vetenary gave to them right now it’s left with just 3 of them.
Re: Pig Farmers Here I Need Your Opinion by eazeefix: 6:38am On May 19, 2019
A picture of the piglets will assist us to diagnose the problem. Firs thought for me is lack of milk.
Re: Pig Farmers Here I Need Your Opinion by Orodje(m): 7:58am On May 19, 2019
This is when they were still 5 of them left

Re: Pig Farmers Here I Need Your Opinion by Orodje(m): 8:14am On May 19, 2019
I don’t have recent pic

Re: Pig Farmers Here I Need Your Opinion by Singlecliq: 10:11am On May 19, 2019
Orodje:
I don’t have recent pic
The problem is due to drugs administered to the mother which the piglet are sucking from the breast milk.
Re: Pig Farmers Here I Need Your Opinion by paito: 11:15am On May 19, 2019
It is very wrong for you to start with insow is like a pry.school student that want to write jamb.mistakes are not forgiven in piggery.
Re: Pig Farmers Here I Need Your Opinion by Orodje(m): 6:53pm On May 19, 2019
Singlecliq:

The problem is due to drugs administered to mother, which the piglet are sucking from the breast milk.

Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Here I Need Your Opinion by Orodje(m): 6:57pm On May 19, 2019
paito:
It is very wrong for you to start with insow is like a pry.school student that want to write jamb.mistakes are not forgiven in piggery.

Thanks I have someone who has been on the business for quite some years who helps to manage it coz I have other business to take care of and I didn’t just start with sow, I bought 7 piglets and just one sow. the reason I bought the sow coz it’s heavily pregnant and would give birth any time sooner.
Re: Pig Farmers Here I Need Your Opinion by Larie88(m): 12:12am On May 20, 2019
Am new here,but have seen this platform as an educative one that's why I decide join.am a graduate and I venture into pigry six years ago.though there are more to this business than what we read online by blogers who basically knows nothing about the business.but who are out there just to enrich their pockets.after so many effort to secure government job I end up being a pig famer,which today am very proud to be.because it as only been my only source of income.my advice for every aspiring youth thinking of this business is that.The key to your success is that do it for the passion and the love of it before thinking of the money,of the money comes first you might end up frustrated..am still very much around,more words to drop...a step before another

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Here I Need Your Opinion by Larie88(m): 12:19am On May 20, 2019
Piglet mortality in pigry is sure, but when it's frequent it becomes something to worry about.it might just be as a result of inbreeding,or lack of proper hygiene.you surely need to talk to someone more experienced and thank God we have a lot of them here.thanks.

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Here I Need Your Opinion by Larie88(m): 12:25am On May 20, 2019
Mind you don't take every advice here serious cos even vetinary doctors at times just come to your farm and engage in try and error.pictures alone is not enough to judge the cause..talk to someone reliable with experience.

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Here I Need Your Opinion by Orodje(m): 12:41am On May 20, 2019
Larie88:
Am new here,but have seen this platform as an educative one that's why I decide join.am a graduate and I venture into pigry six years ago.though there are more to this business than what we read online by blogers who basically knows nothing about the business.but who are out there just to enrich their pockets.after so many effort to secure government job I end up being a pig famer,which today am very proud to be.because it as only been my only source of income.my advice for every aspiring youth thinking of this business is that.The key to your success is that do it for the passion and the love of it before thinking of the money,of the money comes first you might end up frustrated..am still very much around,more words to drop...a step before another

Very true. Passion first, pig farming can be very challenging and tasking sometimes but actually it’s very profitable but a lot of patience is needed. Before I employed someone to take care of my farm I used to park my car one corner and feed my pigs myself I have passion for animal farming thinking of going into fish farming I’ve got large space and borehole in my farm.
Re: Pig Farmers Here I Need Your Opinion by Orodje(m): 12:49am On May 20, 2019
Re: Pig Farmers Here I Need Your Opinion by Orodje(m): 12:54am On May 20, 2019
Please if you are into Piggery it would be nice to see photos of your farm too

Re: Pig Farmers Here I Need Your Opinion by omoluabi87: 10:48am On May 20, 2019
There are alot of reasons why your piglets died
- what injections did your vet give and how well do you know him?
Piglets need iron within the first few days and can die from deficiency.
- how clean was/is the pen? Young piglets generally don’t have high resistance to germs; this improves with time so the first few days are very critical
-is the sow free of parasites
-is the sow producing milk

(1) (Reply)

The Business Of Poultry Farm / How Do I Prevent Sawdust From Entering Water Troughs / Lets Buy Your 500kg And Above Moringa Seeds In Less Than 24hrs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.