Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,632 members, 7,813,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving (56473 Views)

Checkout What I Saved From My Piggy Bank After 5 Months / Man Shares Photos Of The Money He Was Able To Save In His Piggy Bank / Man Breaks His Piggy Bank After Saving For 10 Months & Saw This (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by Amagite3(f): 11:10am On May 21, 2019
A man broke his piggy bank, only to discover that all the monies have decayed in Mushin, Lagos.

According to IB9JA, he has been saving for 3 years now. Watch the video below...

Watch video of the decayed notes here; http://www.amagitesblog.com/2019/05/after-3-years-of-saving-nigerian-man-finds-decayed-monies-in-his-piggy-bank.html

Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by Lanry1(m): 11:12am On May 21, 2019
That's what happen when your village people finally got to you

21 Likes

Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by Baba419(m): 11:13am On May 21, 2019
If we say he should have used the money for beer now.

By now he should have been eligible for free beer and credit in all the bars.

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by flexyfit(f): 11:17am On May 21, 2019
Ehhya...lemme run back to my own...I no wan hear stories that touch biko

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by chiommy123(f): 11:23am On May 21, 2019
Can't C.B.N be of help here

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by Kingosytex(m): 11:29am On May 21, 2019
this reminds me of the old igbo novel "okpa aku eri eri", that book really got me thrilled back then in my secondary school days.

this is disheartening, after months of saving, the guy's luck had to reward him in a very unpleasant way. let him take heart....

44 Likes

Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by ITbomb(m): 11:32am On May 21, 2019
3 years?

E too much nah

Me just 5 months, see as I dey eye my piggy after finishing my salary

175 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by freemanbubble: 1:11pm On May 21, 2019
Okay
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:11pm On May 21, 2019
A man broke his piggy bank, only to discover that all the monies have decayed in Mushin, Lagos.
Decayed?
Like SERIOUSLY?!
This is interestingly interesting!! cheesy

13 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by KingAzubuike(f): 1:13pm On May 21, 2019
Water certainly the cause.

6 Likes

Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by dominique(f): 1:13pm On May 21, 2019
Pics of the rotten money?

I doubt the authenticity of this story. I still have the piggybank me and my sister used for saving when we were in JSS back in the 90s. The old-school N50, N20, N10 and N5 are still in good condition though can no longer be spent. The fibre used in making currency notes is not one that can deteriorate within 3 short years. Except some insect chewed on the notes, I don't believe this story.

148 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by christm386: 1:14pm On May 21, 2019
picture of the decayed money, what will someone not see in this country, u save again na wahala, it's only nigerian currency that can decay, i ve saved one dollar my uncle gave me in 2014 when i got admission, it is still in my wallet till today, and still as fresh as new, am planning to give it to my uncle's son during his own matriculation grin grin

178 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by MsGold(f): 1:14pm On May 21, 2019
Lanry1:
cheesy
Lanry1:
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by Divay22(f): 1:15pm On May 21, 2019
Hope mine won't be like this o sad cry
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 21, 2019
Even the piggy bank is made of fine wood. Must be a bigger boy.

Decayed money?
Maybe im roof dey leak and water got into it. He should check well ehn.
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by olumaxi(m): 1:17pm On May 21, 2019
This is what happens when u save blood money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by giftfromGod(f): 1:17pm On May 21, 2019
Which is why I always check mine every three months. Take every thing and use some for personal needs for while rest goes straight to my account, I can not be saving money for one villiage elder.

1 Like

Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by pinkyruledworld(m): 1:18pm On May 21, 2019
wheres the decayed doe na?
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by duos: 1:19pm On May 21, 2019
He saved 165k in three years? Wooow

It’s like he remembers his piggy bank only when he earns 1000 & 500 notes
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by OtemAtum: 1:19pm On May 21, 2019
funny but fake story.

5 Likes

Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by chloride6: 1:19pm On May 21, 2019
chiommy123:
Can't C.B.N be of help here

They created banks and guaranteed them..

What else do you want?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by henrixx(m): 1:20pm On May 21, 2019
Piggy bank is for small children

If I see a matured person doing this I get disappointed

4 Likes

Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by virgintoto(m): 1:20pm On May 21, 2019
christm386:
picture of the decayed money, what will someone not see in this country, u save again na wahala, it's only nigerian currency that can decay, i ve saved one dollar my uncle gave me in 2014 when i got admission, it is still in my wallet till today, and still as fresh as new, am planning to give it to my uncle's son during his own matriculation grin grin

16 Likes

Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by Erolow(f): 1:20pm On May 21, 2019
Wow..... I never knew money could decay.
See signature below for free training in Digital Marketing
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by sotall(m): 1:20pm On May 21, 2019
Village people grin grin
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by SlimOpsy(m): 1:21pm On May 21, 2019
This is the ultra upgraded intervention of the village people.

#140 something thousand for that matter.
Omo DA money go buy land for my home town.
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by sotall(m): 1:21pm On May 21, 2019
christm386:
grin grin

You are wicked ooo

9 Likes

Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by hopexter(m): 1:24pm On May 21, 2019
His house must be very moist to have his money decayed just imagi e the smell of those notes undecided
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by ArchAngelos999: 1:26pm On May 21, 2019
where's the picture of the decayed money. Lie lie post.
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by Wizikal(m): 1:26pm On May 21, 2019
Didn't see any decayed money oh!
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by NSNA: 1:26pm On May 21, 2019
Sue Central Bank and get your money back.

The quality of the bank notes in Nigeria is very bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aminu Dantata: I Am Just Waiting For My Time, I No Longer Enjoy Life / Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? / FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.