Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving (56510 Views)

Checkout What I Saved From My Piggy Bank After 5 Months / Man Shares Photos Of The Money He Was Able To Save In His Piggy Bank / Man Breaks His Piggy Bank After Saving For 10 Months & Saw This (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by sammieSmart(m): 3:47pm On May 21, 2019
Baba419:
If we say he should have used the money for beer now.

By now he should have been eligible for free beer and credit in all the bars.
mad guy 😅😅😊Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by shiki(m): 3:56pm On May 21, 2019
christm386:
picture of the decayed money, what will someone not see in this country, u save again na wahala, it's only nigerian currency that can decay, i ve saved one dollar my uncle gave me in 2014 when i got admission, it is still in my wallet till today, and still as fresh as new, am planning to give it to my uncle's son during his own matriculation grin grin

Bad guy grin
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by luluosas(m): 4:09pm On May 21, 2019
Not true. It can't happen when you make use of a virtual Piggybank platform here https://www.piggyvest.com/?doublebonus=1&ref=986432d461c
Lanry1:
That's what happen when your village people finally got to you

1 Like

Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by Reference(m): 4:10pm On May 21, 2019
Not surprised. Our Naira notes carry more bacteria than a month old corpse. Should have kept a desiccant in there. Cheap and available everywhere. And the bank will issue the notes and it will end up in the wallet of one miserable bozo who will buy 'pure water ' in traffic to wash down the pathogens with.

1 Like

Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by luluosas(m): 4:23pm On May 21, 2019
Come back here now now. https://www.piggyvest.com/?doublebonus=1&ref=986432d461c is your best bet in savings through online platform
flexyfit:
Ehhya...lemme run back to my own...I no wan hear stories that touch biko
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by luluosas(m): 4:23pm On May 21, 2019
Stop drinking beer. Save 200 every day and see how much you are wasting on beer monthly
Baba419:
If we say he should have used the money for beer now.

By now he should have been eligible for free beer and credit in all the bars.
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by brodachu: 4:25pm On May 21, 2019
He should take it to CBN. They will change it.

Amagite3:
A man broke his piggy bank, only to discover that all the monies have decayed in Mushin, Lagos.

According to IB9JA, he has been saving for 3 years now. Watch the video below...

Watch video of the decayed notes here; http://www.amagitesblog.com/2019/05/after-3-years-of-saving-nigerian-man-finds-decayed-monies-in-his-piggy-bank.html

Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by luluosas(m): 4:26pm On May 21, 2019
Come save virtually through https://www.piggyvest.com/?doublebonus=1&ref=986432d461c and thank me later
ITbomb:
3 years?

E too much nah

Me just 5 months, see as I dey eye my piggy after finishing my salary
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by luluosas(m): 4:30pm On May 21, 2019
Come try online Piggybank instead https://www.piggyvest.com/?doublebonus=1&ref=986432d461c
Divay22:
Hope mine won't be like this o sad cry
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by luluosas(m): 4:31pm On May 21, 2019
https://www.piggyvest.com/?doublebonus=1&ref=986432d461c is your best bet
giftfromGod:
Which is why I always check mine every three months. Take every thing and use some for personal needs for while rest goes straight to my account, I can not be saving money for one villiage elder.
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by Fantazy(m): 4:41pm On May 21, 2019
water might have gotten into it
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by Divay22(f): 5:00pm On May 21, 2019
luluosas:
Come try online Piggybank instead https://www.piggyvest.com/?doublebonus=1&ref=986432d461c
Nope. Thanks
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by Neddyogu(m): 5:10pm On May 21, 2019
Lay not your treasures here on earth there moth and rust can get to it. But rather, lay your treasures in heaven where thieves, moth and rust can't get to.
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by laosy(m): 5:13pm On May 21, 2019
christm386:
picture of the decayed money, what will someone not see in this country, u save again na wahala, it's only nigerian currency that can decay, i ve saved one dollar my uncle gave me in 2014 when i got admission, it is still in my wallet till today, and still as fresh as new, am planning to give it to my uncle's son during his own matriculation grin grin
Payback time
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by luluosas(m): 5:33pm On May 21, 2019
OK ooooooo, but you will really smile should you try it
Divay22:

Nope. Thanks
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by Divay22(f): 5:39pm On May 21, 2019
luluosas:
OK ooooooo, but you will really smile should you try it
What's the assurance that it won't crash one day before i wake up?
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by Legendguru: 5:45pm On May 21, 2019
hmm
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by vetinosae: 7:08pm On May 21, 2019
I felt bad after running to your comfort. Only to found out that things turned upside. Encourage your self for there is hope for the living. What you need to do is, Go to the nearest CBN branch and apply for a change of mutilated currency Note. Ensure the decayed note are with you while in their office. You will need a current account to deposit the bank cheque they will issue in lieu of value. It takes about 2weeks or less. It is well
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by luluosas(m): 7:13pm On May 21, 2019
I don't think your fear is genuine, though it's okay to have some reservations regarding what you don't know too well.
Well, since I joined in September 2018, it has really been a pleasant experience here. See, I started with 500, then 700, 800, but now doing 3k daily. Try it out as it is really useful. Thank you.
Divay22:

What's the assurance that it won't crash one day before i wake up?
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by nkem1992: 8:06pm On May 21, 2019
[quote author=henrixx post=78585048]Piggy bank is for small children

If I see a matured person doing this I get disappointed [/quote)
I think immaturity is when you as an individual fail to save, not how you save, I find it very easier to save undisruptly, in bits which sums up to a couple of thousand...
My first saving via piggy went on for 8 months and I realized a total of #400000, which wouldn't be possible if I was saving with the bank. Presently am six month piggy, and intend making it 10 months.
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by oka4ugoo: 8:20pm On May 21, 2019
Kingosytex:
this reminds me of the old igbo novel "okpa aku eri eri", that book really got me thrilled back then in my secondary school days.

this is disheartening, after months of saving, the guy's luck had to reward him in a very unpleasant way. let him take heart....

Okpa aku eri eri. Very interesting book, I learn how to read Igbo language cos of that book.
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by oka4ugoo: 8:22pm On May 21, 2019
Kingosytex:
this reminds me of the old igbo novel "okpa aku eri eri", that book really got me thrilled back then in my secondary school days.

this is disheartening, after months of saving, the guy's luck had to reward him in a very unpleasant way. let him take heart....

Very interesting book. I learn how to read in Igbo language just read and enjoy that book.
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by oka4ugoo: 8:25pm On May 21, 2019
dominique:
Pics of the rotten money?

I doubt the authenticity of this story. I still have the piggybank me and my sister used for saving when we were in JSS back in the 90s. The old-school N50, N20, N10 and N5 are still in good condition though can no longer be spent. The fibre used in making currency notes is not one that can deteriorate within 3 short years. Except some insect chewed on the notes, I don't believe this story.

My dear it does. Heat and water can make it rotten. My mama was once a victim of such.
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by henrixx(m): 8:34pm On May 21, 2019
[quote author=nkem1992 post=78596080][/quote]Linking inability to save to immaturity could be true. But it's out of my point.

My Point is Piggybank is for kids. Who obviously aren't old enough to use the banks. A mature person should either invest his money as a form of saving or keep it in the bank with discipline.
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by sweetilicious(f): 8:44pm On May 21, 2019
chiommy123:
Can't C.B.N be of help here
Of course they shred and recycle
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 21, 2019
He should come n spend it in the north, they don't reject money
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 21, 2019
dominique:
Pics of the rotten money?

I doubt the authenticity of this story. I still have the piggybank me and my sister used for saving when we were in JSS back in the 90s. The old-school N50, N20, N10 and N5 are still in good condition though can no longer be spent. The fibre used in making currency notes is not one that can deteriorate within 3 short years. Except some insect chewed on the notes, I don't believe this story.
are you a Muslim?
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by Nakedwire635(m): 9:05pm On May 21, 2019
chiommy123:
Can't C.B.N be of help here
How can CBN be of help when there are commercial banks all over.
Open a simple savings account and put ur money there simple.
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by ultimate77(m): 10:08pm On May 21, 2019
Ashleyzosh:

Exactly what came to my mind, hohohoho

Hey... Couldn't get your mail. Chat me up my number is in my signature
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by osazsky(m): 10:32pm On May 21, 2019
the wood u used ford the piggy bank is MDF wood its always moist and cold, hence it cursed d decay,,,next time use hdf wood I f u know u will b leaving d cash for over 3years ,sorry bro
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by stchinedu: 10:53pm On May 21, 2019
ITbomb:
3 years?

E too much nah

Me just 5 months, see as I dey eye my piggy after finishing my salary

cheesy cheesy

You are not alone on this Bro. ..I am guilty as charged cheesy
Re: Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 21, 2019
First of all, I doubt the authenticity of this News.

1. The image posted doesn't look like decayed money.

2. Currencies were designed to last long. People exchange monies for years and they still look acceptable. How come just three years? Shey water enter the kolo ni?

3. There is no Video on the website as the OP claimed

4. The OP sighted on his blog that the video was posted by @Instablog9ja. Instablog9ja never posted such

This reminds me of when I used to save with kolo as a kid... Kolo never helped me o. Me that will use spoon to remove money from my kolo any time grin. I even used to do same for my junior brother, the poor boy broke his kolo one day and found only 6k when he was expecting like 20k.

This is the 21st century and solutions like this have been rebranded and made better.

Ah thank God for Piggyvest, if not for that app, I won't have fadin in my savings.

Even when I let my ATM cards expire, I would still transfer money from my account to the account that I still had the ATM undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aminu Dantata: I Am Just Waiting For My Time, I No Longer Enjoy Life / New Trend On Forex Indicators: Amazing Forex Strategy / Nigerian Millionaire Throwing Money In The Air (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.