Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

The Devils Touch - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devils Touch (77335 Views)

Devils For Supper (a Crime Story) / All The Devils Are Coming Out Of Caves! / The Devils Lair - Episode 1 : A Story By Nkemjika Okeke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devils Touch by elijahy1(m): 7:56pm On May 28, 2019
pu7pl3:
Ok so sam is now obi wan kenobi with the force huh?

Or you can say "The Green Lantern".

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by BankyGee(m): 8:01pm On May 28, 2019
elijahy1:

Space booker spotted
Bros, why na? Izzit your space undecided grin

3 Likes

Re: The Devils Touch by BankyGee(m): 8:56pm On May 28, 2019
Firstly, Sam entered Avatar State, then used Telekinesis
shockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked

I love this story! Weldone GRAND WRITER!

6 Likes

Re: The Devils Touch by greatme2good(f): 10:27pm On May 28, 2019
It's not yet the principal's time to die but I know he will soon. I just hope Sam meets Crusial in school maybe his presence will drive her away.

2 Likes

Re: The Devils Touch by elijahy1(m): 8:15am On May 29, 2019
greatme2good:
It's not yet the principal's time to die but I know he will soon. I just hope Sam meets Crusial in school maybe his presence will drive her away.

Or kill her.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by cuteesthy(f): 10:16am On May 29, 2019
more please

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by BankyGee(m): 10:23am On May 29, 2019
elijahy1:

Or kill her.
Why do you like solving simple problems with violence bro? undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: The Devils Touch by kpaofame: 12:18pm On May 29, 2019
Nice one

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by topher052: 4:54pm On May 29, 2019
Armed police men took advantageous positions shooting at the corpses that were running towards them for an attack. They rent the hospital walls and cars parked outside with bullets, yet their firing made little impact. Some of the bullets hit some in the head and skulls opened; stomach, legs, chest, but they kept pushing forward with violent charge.

Soon they caught up with the police men and jumped on them pounding viciously with their fist, using their teeth to rip out throats. The rest police men retreated running for their lives. Even those running were chased and some that were caught met the same fate as the first. Everywhere was in frenzy, shouts and cry filled the air as people ran helter-skelter from the living dead.
*************************************************************************************
Ishaw just finished a stick and put out the ash in an ash tray in his car. He arranged his face hat, looked at his face in the rear mirror before alighting. He was about going into his office at the state police headquarters when his phone rang. He looked at the strange number and wondered who it was. Then he took.

“Someone is about to be killed”. A male voice said.

‘’Who is going to be killed?’’ Ishaw asked.

“Hurry now, come to zenith hotel, room 18”. The person said and hung up.

He looked at his phone and dialed the number again, the person answered.

‘’Hello”.

“What are you talking about?”. Ishaw asked.

“Talk? Who’s this?”. The person asked.

“You just called me a few seconds ago!”. Ishaw yelled.

“Please, wrong number, I didn’t call you”. And he hung up.

Ishaw looked at the phone in anger and wondered what sought of joke was being played with him. He made to dial the number again and threaten the day light out of the person, but was interrupted by a colleague Bruno.

Bruno is a tall, dark handsome officer with an attractive poise, he always loves to look smart and never stop to bore Ishaw on how the ladies crave for what he has between his legs. Unfortunately Ishaw had to contend with it as they were partners.

That morning, he was in a fitted yellow short sleeve top on a starched ironed chinos black trouser with a pair of black brogue shoes that graced his feet. As usual his hair was neatly cut in punk, joined to his very healthy dark full beards. Ishaw saw him coming and felt jealousy in his stomach, wondering why he always felt that way.

“Hey! ancient man!”. Bruno greeted with confident walking towards Ishaw.

“Hey…bragger”. Ishaw said, nothing finding a right word to use.

“You won’t believe what happened yesterday!”. Bruno said enthusiastically.

“You bedded a girl right?”. Ishaw said arrogantly.

He looked at him in shock, then got back his charming smile again and said.

“Man! I hit it big this time! Two!”. He said excitedly pointing the figure with his fingers.

“What’s new? This is not your first time”. Ishaw said, opening his cigarette box to retrieve a stick out of boredom.

“This time is different. Twin! I hit them so hard they wanna marry me! Can you believe this?”. He said sounding very exhilarated.

Ishaw took in a large smoke looking opposite Bruno, exhaled , checked the time on his watch, then turned to Bruno and said.

“Isn’t too early for this?”.

Bruno looked at him and smiled.

“I know how much soap you waste every night. Come on bro,I think it’s time you let me get you one! Something beautiful. You know, I have lots of them who can do anything for my smile. You know, I could tell them the condition for it is to give you a taste of paradise, you know”. Bruno bragged, resting his back on Ishaw’s car.

Ishaw turned to him and was short for words, then started towards the office.

‘hey bro, where are you going?”. Bruno called from behind Ishaw and ran to meet him up.

Ishaw was about opening the door leading to his office ignoring Bruno’s further taunting when a male officer came to him and said.

“There’s a report of a murder at zenith hotel”.

“You said?”. Ishaw asked again to be sure he heard him right.

‘I said there’s…”.

He cut him short and said hastily.

“I know, I know, I know! Which name did you mention?”.

“Zenith sir”. The officer said circumspectly, wondering what was going on.

Ishaw immediately turned and started running towards his car muttering.

“Shit! Shit! Shit!”.

Bruno ran after him and joined him in the car before he drove off.

“What’s the problem? Why did you take off like that?”. Bruno asked in perplexity.

“Damn! Shit! Shit”. Ishaw kept saying.

Bruno knew he wouldn’t alter a word to him, so he kept quiet as they drove in silence.

They arrived the hotel and Ishaw ran straight to room 18 with Bruno running behind him. He opened the door abruptly as he arrived the room and found fresh blood on the boy’s neck and opened stomach. Bruno looked at him in shock wondering how he knew the exact room. Soon a staff of the hotel; a middle aged man, slim, tan brown skinned, in the hotel’s blue uniform walked up to them and inquired.

‘What are you people doing here?”.

Ishaw turned abruptly to him and asked.

“what happened here?”.

Bruno quickly took out his I.D and showed it to the man. Then the man heaved a sigh of relief and said.

“He came in this morning at about 8 am and requested for a room with a lady whom I barely saw her face due to the hair she wore….”.

“You mean you didn’t see her face? Do you have CCTV footage of every activity here?”. Ishaw asked cutting into the man’s words looking up around in search for a CCTV camera.

“Yes we do, but not in clients room”. The man said.

‘Can I see it?”. Ishaw asked.

“Sure!”. The man said, leading them out.

“Who would want to sleep with a girl at a hotel 8 am in the morning?”. Bruno wondered aloud as they followed the man upstairs.

Soon they arrived the office the CCTV monitor is placed. A young boy sat backing the monitor with headphones on his ears when they arrived. He barely knew someone was in the office until Ishaw smacked the back of his head. The boy jumped from his seat removing the headphones promptly looking at them in confusion.

“is that what they pay you for?”. Ishaw asked, then pointed to the monitor and said. “let’s see what happened the past two hours”.

The boy moved his seat to the monitor and used the remote to rewind it backwards. He was still rewinding when the hotel man suddenly said.

“Stop!”. Pointing at monitor where two people were on. “There they are’’.

Ishaw looked at it observantly but the girls face was consciously hiding from the camera.

‘’Fast forward to when she left”. Ishaw said.

The boy did as instructed and stopped at Ishaw’s order. He looked closely at the girl who left without her face caught in the camera. He looked to see if anyone was on seat when she left, but found the front reception empty. Then he turned to the hotel man and asked.

“Who found out he was dead?”.

“The house keeper. She suspected the way the girl left and decided to check but met a dead man”. The hotel man said.

‘Where’s she?’’ Bruno asked, just to be involved in the investigation.

“She’s on night shift, she’s gone home”. The hotel man said.

“Why would she leave? Something like this happened and she left!”. Ishaw yelled.

“she..she had to…to attend to her grand children. They live with her”. The hotel man stuttered in panic.

‘’let me have her address”. Ishaw said and focused on the monitor.

The hotel man tore a sheet of paper from a note on the table the monitor was placed and a pen from his breast pocket. Penned down the address and gave it to Ishaw who shoved it into his back pocket after reading and left abruptly with Bruno behind him.

Sam alighted from the car with his bag pack on his back, waved Zarac goodbye and started into the school compound.

He headed to the principal’s office first, the secretary was not on seat so he walked into the office without knocking and met a girl sitting on the principal’s laps kissing him. They disengaged themselves and the girl stood up adjusting her skirt with no sign of shame, unlike the principal who kept adjusting his tie and glass, clearing his throat.

Sam didn’t take away his eyes for a second and his face was completely expressionless. The girl started walking out looking at Sam angrily, he took his eyes from the principal to the girl and caught sight of her eyes that were changing colors. He kept looking at her strangely wondering why her eyes were like that until she left and shut the door.

“Don’t you know this is an office? Don’t you knock?”. The principal yelled.

Sam wasn’t moved by the principal’s words. His mind was still revolving around the lady’s eyes trying to make sense of it.

“What can I do for you!”. The principal yelled again.

Sam was startled by the scream and moved towards the principals table, placed the note in his hand on it. The principal retrieved it, opened it and read. When he was done he turned to Sam and said.

‘’Go and call me the secretary”.

Sam shook his head, still looking at the principal. Then the principal suddenly recalled and said.

‘’Oh, I sent her on an errand. Okay, let’s go to your class”.

As he was coming to lead Sam out, when Sam sneezed; wiped his nose and sneezed again.

“What’s it with you and sneezing?’’. The principal asked as he led him out of his office.

Sam settled in his class and looking around trying to adjust his mind to the new environment when somebody said behind him.

‘you saw me”.

Sam turned and Saw the same boy from the first day he came for registration with Zarac: he was seeing a burnt boy with only gums and teeth, dark as charcoal, and eyeballs so huge for the socket. While other’s saw a slim, fair average looking happy 7 year old boy.

Sam moved away from him in shock and the boy gently said.

“how can you see me?”.

Sam looked away in fear shaking underneath his legs.

“There’re so many strange things in this school. If you’re afraid of me, how can you survive the rest? I am not wicked; I do not have the power to be”. The said, and went back to his seat behind Sam.

A teacher walked in and the class stood up to greet, Sam who hid his head on his desk raised his head and saw the girl from earlier in the principal’s office. Her eyes kept changing colors as she talked. He tried to compose and pretend he saw nothing.

“you can see that too”. The boy whispered from behind him. “that’s a new one, she just arrived”.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Devils Touch by BankyGee(m): 5:10pm On May 29, 2019
First to Like, Share and Comment grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Devils Touch by elijahy1(m): 6:32pm On May 29, 2019
BankyGee:
Why do you like solving simple problems with violence bro? undecided undecided

Quick question: How did she get her beautiful skin? Thats the same way she is going to go down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by greatme2good(f): 6:32pm On May 29, 2019
Lol... Sam just got himself a new demonic friend. The snake lady seems wicked though. Topher this episode is short.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by queengift(f): 7:50pm On May 29, 2019
Topher is a great writer indeed

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 29, 2019
This is getting interesting
I'm anticipating some action.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Hardes(m): 8:55pm On May 29, 2019
keeping fingers crossed

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Devilpen(m): 10:48pm On May 29, 2019
Me i have problem with ISHAW . the guy is kind of too serious

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by Nicklaus619(m): 11:11am On May 30, 2019
Ishaw is an ass kicking investigator, I like his character, nice update bro. ❤

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by topher052: 2:30pm On May 30, 2019
The living dead flood the street chasing people out of their houses. Cars ran into each other, and the drivers rushing out through the windows. People ran on foot calling out their loved ones. The unlucky were gruesomely killed by the living dead.

A military tank soon arrived shooting sporadically towards the living dead, tearing them apart. Some of the military men threw grenades not minding the unfortunate casualties. Gun fire rained from the military chopper right above the living dead.

The news was live on TV. Zarac saw it in his office; a glass office with every modern furniture in place secluded from the busy staff that can be easily seen in the main office hall. And still couldn’t believe it. He still thinks they were mad men on the loose. His friend Shaggy, a smallish brown skinned man, smartly dressed in black suit, a low cut hair and perfectly carved mustache was seeing the news with him.

“Man, I really this is the end time! You know this bible talk about the end time, I never believed it, but it’s happening right now”. Shaggy said.

“So you believe the nonsense they are saying about a walking corpse?’’. Zarac asked, turning away from the TV.

“Bro, this is realistic enough. Can’t you see it live?’’. Shaggy said.

‘’come off it bro. corpse walking! Ha!”. Zarac scoffed and opened a file on his table.

A slim dark girl in light makeup and in a black gown with her hair knotted backwards plus a black hill shoe on her feet walked in with a file in her hands. Zarac took a glance at her and returned to the file on his table.

“Have you typed it?”. He asked without looking up.

“Yes sir”. She answered still standing.

“Alright, drop it on my table and call Mr John to remind him of our contract with mighty construction”. Zarac said.

“I have done that sir”. She said.

“Okay, let me have the file”. Zarac said.

She moved forward and dropped the file on the table. Zarac opened it and perused through it, then nodded and she walked away.

Then there was a pandemonium with the staff, Shaggy saw it first while Zarac was busy with the file. He stood up trying to make sense of what’s going on.

“Za! Za!”. He called.

“What’s it?”. Asked looking at him.

“Look!”. He said pointing at the frenzy outside.

Zarac stood up and walked to the glass door, opened it and called a fair man who was moving backwards petrified.

“hey! What’s going on?”. Zarac asked.

“People are killing each other!”. He said and ran away.

While Zarac and Shaggy were still looking, some of the some of the staff forcefully opened the door and stabbing a fellow staff aggressively. They ran after anyone and stabbed continuously.

Zarac was moved by fear and he looked around for an escape.

“These are our staff, what’s come over them?”. Shaggy asked in fear.

“We gat to go! We gat to to!”. Zarac said running towards the direction everyone was running towards.

The rush made people trampled on others. Nobody knew who was boss or staff as they all ran towards the back elevator.

Zarac turned his back seeing that they were fast approaching; he quickly locked the door to the main office hall with some people in it. They banged and cried calling for someone to open the door and suddenly a shout and a violent struggling sound.

No one really saw what happened save for Shaggy and a chubby lady who looked at Zarac as though he just murdered those people. Zarac immediately joined the rest towards the elevator.

They arrived the elevator and it was in the 3rd floor ascending upwards. They all waited impatiently. The elevator finally stopped at the 17th floor where they were and opened only for some people( fellow staff) bathed in flood to jump on the few on the front row.

Zarac ran towards the stairs along with others. Some fell and was stampeded, some tripped when they stepped on someone. Shaggy fell and called Zarac who was farther away. Zarac heard his name and looked around for his friend, heard Shaggy’s voice again calling, he looked up the stairs and had to return back forcing his way through the truculent escapees. They pushed him hard, but he forged ahead and by the time he got to Shaggy, he was already going unconscious. Even as Zarac stood they pushed him so hard he had to hold on to the stairs rail to support himself. He watched as they stepped on Shaggy’s head and body and couldn’t do anything.

When he could reach for him, he was already bleeding through his nose, mouth and dead. He looked at his friend who was neatly dressed that morning, full of life lying upside down the stairs mercilessly ruffled with horror on his face and eyes half opened.

He heard several strong bangs on a door and looked up, suspecting it’s from the one he locked. He wanted to do something about his friend but he knew it would be a waste of time. So he ran downstairs alone as everyone had progressed further.

He was running when he heard sounds of footsteps and shouts running upstairs. He paused and listened then rushed into an office by his left, opened the door waiting; soon people started running pass to up the stairs. He called them to come but only few heeded and when he spotted the blood stained people approaching up the stairs, he shut the door and bolted it. Pushed a table to the door and used a chair to hook the knob.

When he turned to his back he saw the girl from earlier in his office, she had removed her shoes, breathing heavily, looking around in fear. And other people, some with injuries and others; some crying. He took his phone and called his wife.

“hey baby, how are you?”.

“am okay darling”. She said. “how’s work?”

“fine baby. Is everything okay?”. He asked.

“yeah..why are you asking?”. She wondered.

“Nothing. Just heard news that people are going nuts, killing others. Please shut the door and don’t open the door for anyone except I…or Sam!” he said remembering Sam is in school.

“What about him?”. She asking still confused.

“Nothing. I’ll call you back. Make sure you shut the door”. He said.

‘is everything okay baby?” She asked feeling worried.

“Yes, baby. Everything’s fine”. He said and hung up.

Sam started sneezing the moment the teacher stood in front of the class. She looked directly towards him and said.

“Hey! You! Stand up!” Crusial said pointing to Sam.

Sam touched his chest looking at her pretending not to know he is the one she’s talking to.

“Yes! Yes you!”. She said.

Sam slowly stood trying to avoid her her eyes. Crusial kept looking at Sam thinking he was feeling awkward due to what he saw earlier between him and the principal. But she didn’t really care.

“Introduce yourself”. She said.

"He can’t talk”. The boy behind Sam said.

She smiled feeling pleased within herself and then said to Sam.

“What did you see this morning in the principal’s office?”.

Sam didn’t know why she asked that, so he looked at her confused. She walked up to him, bent beside him and whispered to his ear.

‘‘I know who you’re. That smell is so familiar. I know you know who I am”. She looked behind Sam to the boy “and who your friend is. I can smell you anywhere you go now that I have found you, I know what you look like. If I hear a word from you about me. I promise to kill anything you love”. She finished, smiled and said to the class. “He’s dumb! Let us continue with today’s class”.

Igbudu arrived the park and waited for the boys under a tree to avoid the piercing eyes from people.

About an hour 20 minutes later the boys came in a bus. They searched eagerly for Igbudu. Although he them, yet he made no effort to call their attention until they located him under the tree where he stood with his back on the trunk and they stood like soldiers in front of him.

“How much do you have ?’’. He asked them

They automatically emptied their pockets and brought out few change. Igbudu looked disappointed at it and searched through his head then said to them.

‘’Go and beg for money. Make sure you beg up to 3000 bucks”.

They nodded and was about leaving, he called them back.

“You look too good to be beggars. Take off these nice clothes and wear something tattered.

The boys off their tops and singlet’s which they robbed on the red earth to make it look dirty , folded their trousers and went to the side of the road to beg.

Igbudu sat under the tree waiting for them as he watched the activities of people passing by. The boys soon returned with 2000 each and handed it to Igbudu. He stood up and headed to board a cab, gave his bag to one of the boys to carry.

They arrived Igbudu’s community; he headed straight to his house in search for the book, and found it where he left it. He opened it and discovered some pages with traces of dried water maps. Now he clearly understood what happened. He stood up abruptly with the boys behind him and headed to his neighbors house. Knocked twice on the door and waited for response. He was about knocking again when the door opened. The neighbors wife appeared on the door way, and fidgeted when she saw Igbudu standing in front of her.

“It is okay madam. Where is your husband?”. Igbudu asked in the nicest tone.

‘’ He went to the farm sir”. She said looking strangely at the boys whose eyes were fixed on Igbudu’s back.

“oh! These boys? They are my new slaves. They tried to steal from the great Igbudu, the man who dines and wines with the dead”. Igbudu said as a means of introduction. “Now tell me, do you know the boy that is missing?’’. He continued.

“Idu sir the son of Imama. There was no blood stain in their house among other victims of that night saga”. She said.

Igbudu reasoned it and said.

‘’Oh yes! I know him; he used to clear my farm land. Thank you very much.

He was about leaving and the lady said.

“Mercy!”.

He turned to her ominously and asked.

“What did you say?”.

She wondered whether to repeat what she had said or not, but she eventually found herself saying.

‘‘For the boys, please mercy sir”.

He smiled and said.

“I’ll think about it”. And walked away.

Ishaw was on his way to the address giving to him when he spotted an officer in complete uniform shooting two civilians who attempted to runaway in the back with an AK 47 in the middle of the road with the victim car parked by the road side.

“what?”. Bruno said.

Ishaw slowed down and parked, made to come and interrogate the officers but one of the officers pointed a gun at them, Bruno saw them in time and pushed Ishaw back into the car, the bullet missed him and shattered the glass door.

“What is wrong with those men, are they nuts?”. Ishaw yelled burying his head under the dashboard.

“We’re police men!”. Bruno shouted.

The men started shooting at their car and walking closer to them.

“I think we should run them over!”. Bruno suggested.

Ishaw engaged the engine and said to Bruno.

He started driving backwards without looking where he was going to. Bruno took out his phone immediately dialing a number when their car hit something so hard their heads and bodies jammed on the dashboard and steering.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by germaphobe(m): 3:08pm On May 30, 2019
i don land gidigba

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by statistics1(m): 3:16pm On May 30, 2019
cool[b][/b] GRANDWRITTER

2 Likes

Re: The Devils Touch by elijahy1(m): 4:23pm On May 30, 2019
Nice Update Topher.

Igbudu reminds me of the the prominent Chiwetel Agu and Pete Edochie of NOLLYWOOD.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by greatme2good(f): 5:35pm On May 30, 2019
Spirit possessed.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by exynos(m): 9:26pm On May 30, 2019
This is really getting exciting!

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Hardes(m): 10:05pm On May 30, 2019
getting m ore and more interesting
Re: The Devils Touch by BankyGee(m): 11:17pm On May 30, 2019
Wow shockedshockedshocked . In a case like this, the white man will say, "fúck!"

2 Likes

Re: The Devils Touch by frozen70(f): 8:20am On May 31, 2019
This is more than horror

Every stage has a more terrifing story

Very scary

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Touch by Apeshy101(m): 1:54pm On May 31, 2019
Topher is the bomb.

Nice one

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by softdude47(m): 7:27pm On Jun 01, 2019
@topher052 is really a top writer

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 02, 2019
Sophisticated

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by greatme2good(f): 11:05am On Jun 02, 2019
Topher is keeping us waiting again o.

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by Devilpen(m): 11:40am On Jun 02, 2019
nah.... sure he is compiling something hot...

1 Like

Re: The Devils Touch by lilyheaven: 5:23pm On Jun 02, 2019
elijahy1:

Space booker spotted
Haha .. you caught him red handed

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

The Day MTN taught me the Lesson of my Life ( Short Story) / One Night Stand / The Sacrifice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.