Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,325 members, 7,829,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (974188 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by olamilekan9(m): 11:45am On Dec 29, 2023
where re the glk owners jareh,i go soon land 2010 or 2011 glk 350 abeg any red flag to watch out for
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheOldGods: 6:02pm On Dec 29, 2023
My c300 had a Kickstarter fail, I got a new one for 170k, only to fail the next two days. I checked and it was pure fake. Why are Nigerians like this?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 6:32pm On Dec 29, 2023
TheOldGods:
My c300 had a Kickstarter fail, I got a new one for 170k, only to fail the next two days. I checked and it was pure fake. Why are Nigerians like this?

WTF

Why didn't you rebuild yours or even buy tokunbo (preowned)?
Its cheaper and still good.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheOldGods: 9:09pm On Dec 29, 2023
kingreign:

WTF

Why didn't you rebuild yours or even buy tokunbo (preowned)?
Its cheaper and still good.
I'm scared of buying used parts? Do you think it can last? My car is 4matic, changing the starter is very time consuming
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 9:27pm On Dec 29, 2023
TheOldGods:
I'm scared of buying used parts? Do you think it can last? My car is 4matic, changing the starter is very time consuming

Why not?

Used parts that are in good condition do last.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheOldGods: 9:38pm On Dec 29, 2023
kingreign:

Why not?

Used parts that are in good condition do last.
I'm used to it, maybe cause I could afford new ones. Honestly I'm going to Lagos to get new one again, but this time I decided to go to Lagos myself from east and buy it. Making sure I am buying Bosch. I bought new compressor and this will be a year and it has not disappointed for a day. Its just that I Bo ght fake if not. The thing just cut my fuse 20am fuse twice, tried to jum but it was sparking sef.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 8:56pm On Dec 30, 2023
TheOldGods:
I'm used to it, maybe cause I could afford new ones. Honestly I'm going to Lagos to get new one again, but this time I decided to go to Lagos myself from east and buy it. Making sure I am buying Bosch. I bought new compressor and this will be a year and it has not disappointed for a day. Its just that I Bo ght fake if not. The thing just cut my fuse 20am fuse twice, tried to jum but it was sparking sef.

So sorry bro
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 9:05pm On Dec 30, 2023
I will like to ask those who drive E320 series, does your engine roar like a race car every time you step on the throttle? Just want to know if I am the only one experiencing it, every time I step on the throttle I hear voooom and the car will dash forward, though I kinda like the way I bully people on the road and overtake cars anyhow but is this the way the car is supposed to behave. Our family car is a Lexus and I rarely hear any sound until maybe I am on top speed(though the car moves like a snail to me)Cc: Searching4love
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 9:12pm On Dec 30, 2023
cbrass:
I will like to ask those who drive E320 series, does your engine roar like a race car every time you step on the throttle? Just want to know if I am the only one experiencing it, every time I step on the throttle I hear voooom and the car will dash forward, though I kinda like the way I bully people on the road and overtake cars anyhow but is this the way the car is supposed to behave. Our family car is a Lexus and I rarely hear any sound until maybe I am on top speed(though the car moves like a snail to me)Cc: Searching4love
I don't do e320.... My Benz is an E500. V8.... It purrs.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 12:32am On Dec 31, 2023
searchng4love:

You get mouth grin grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 11:15am On Dec 31, 2023
cbrass:

You get mouth grin grin
Supported by the Honda Civic.... E get reason
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by toyeoye(m): 12:04pm On Dec 31, 2023
searchng4love:

1 purr = 1gallon cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 3:06pm On Dec 31, 2023
toyeoye:

Not on journeys.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 4:08pm On Dec 31, 2023
searchng4love:

Supported by the Honda Civic.... E get reason

But wait o..can hardly spot the difference in those e-series
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 4:11pm On Dec 31, 2023
toyeoye:

From what I have noticed, when you are on top speed on the expressway the consumption is not bad unlike street roads or roads where you can't run fast.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shagamite: 4:16pm On Dec 31, 2023
cbrass:
If you put the car in drive and depress the accelerator it should move and keep an eye on the Rev if it gooes vroom around 20 or 30 b4 moving then the gear entered limp mode. you'll have to off and on engine
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 4:35pm On Dec 31, 2023
shagamite:

If you put the car in drive and depress the accelerator it should move and keep an eye on the Rev if it gooes vroom around 20 or 30 b4 moving then the gear entered limp mode. you'll have to off and on engine

Okay thank you
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kingdemu: 7:40am On Jan 01
cbrass:

But wait o..can hardly spot the difference in those e-series
Pop the hood
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chukel(m): 10:34am On Jan 01
TheOldGods:
another new one will get damaged too. Something is wrong. Something that keeps blowing that fuse to get to the alternator. Meanwhile, alternators hardly come with 20amp fuse rate. I know of 40amps. Check the correct rating of that fuse.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 11:19am On Jan 01
Kingdemu:
Pop the hood
Apt.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheOldGods: 1:36pm On Jan 01
chukel:
another new one will get damaged too. Something is wrong. Something that keeps blowing that fuse to get to the alternator. Meanwhile, alternators hardly come with 20amp fuse rate. I know of 40amps. Check the correct rating of that fuse.
no, it is not my alternator, it's The Kickstarter. The Kickstarter is the problem, I don't have any issues with my alternator
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chukel(m): 11:12pm On Jan 01
TheOldGods:
no, it is not my alternator, it's The Kickstarter. The Kickstarter is the problem, I don't have any issues with my alternator
my bad
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 11:17pm On Jan 02
I want to replace my EGR valve,how much does it cost ?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Baker77: 7:44pm On Jan 14
VGS for Mercedes Benz B200(Gotten from Tokunbo gear)

Price - 80k.

Location - Surulere

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Theflint1(m): 10:24am On Jan 19
Hello house, please what could be the issue?

A couple of days ago, doing my regular morning oil and water check, I noticed that the water in the radiator had reduced, I topped it off and used the car for the day. On my way home I was getting notification from the dashboard that I should check coolant...got home and a couple hours later I opened the engine to see if the water in the radiator had dried, only to see that I forgot to cover the rubber radiator tank (I left the lid on the engine instead), I replaced the water in the radiator, and since then, the water from the radiator keeps evaporating and telling me to check coolant. I know my forgetting to cover the radiator has caused something, please any ideas on what the problem might be?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nurey(m): 10:41am On Jan 19
Theflint1:
Hello house, please what could be the issue?

A couple of days ago, doing my regular morning oil and water check, I noticed that the water in the radiator had reduced, I topped it off and used the car for the day. On my way home I was getting notification from the dashboard that I should check coolant...got home and a couple hours later I opened the engine to see if the water in the radiator had dried, only to see that I forgot to cover the rubber radiator tank (I left the lid on the engine instead), I replaced the water in the radiator, and since then, the water from the radiator keeps evaporating and telling me to check coolant. I know my forgetting to cover the radiator has caused something, please any ideas on what the problem might be?

leakage
1. check the engine oil dipstick, if milky white is noticed then the gasket has been affected by the high temperature and the water or coolant is mixing with the engine oil.

2. if the dipstick is clean, then change the radiator cover, probably as you left it on the engine, the heat has damaged the rubber and it can no longer hold pressure.

3. if after changing the radiator cover it is still same, then you need to check the radiator itself, it may be faulty.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Theflint1(m): 12:01pm On Jan 19
nurey:

leakage
1. check the engine oil dipstick, if milky white is noticed then the gasket has been affected by the high temperature and the water or coolant is mixing with the engine oil.

2. if the dipstick is clean, then change the radiator cover, probably as you left it on the engine, the heat has damaged the rubber and it can no longer hold pressure.

3. if after changing the radiator cover it is still same, then you need to check the radiator itself, it may be faulty.
Thanks chief, checked the engine oil dipstick, not milky white, but the radiator cover, I noticed a hole on the head of the radiator tank, and I don't think that hole was there before. I attached the image for reference...do I need to change the tank, or it can be fixed?

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nurey(m): 3:17pm On Jan 19
Theflint1:
Thanks chief, checked the engine oil dipstick, not milky white, but the radiator cover, I noticed a hole on the head of the radiator tank, and I don't think that hole was there before. I attached the image for reference...do I need to change the tank, or it can be fixed?

If that hole is your issue, once the engine gets to operating temperature, you will see water/coolant or steam escaping from there so run the test, if that is the issue, replace the radiator tank.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Theflint1(m): 6:54pm On Jan 19
nurey:

If that hole is your issue, once the engine gets to operating temperature, you will see water/coolant or steam escaping from there so run the test, if that is the issue, replace the radiator tank.
okay, so like how many minutes should I leave the car running for before I'd observe any evaporation if the issue is from there?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nurey(m): 7:23pm On Jan 19
Theflint1:
okay, so like how many minutes should I leave the car running for before I'd observe any evaporation if the issue is from there?

Check your temp guage but I believe 20 to 30mins should do while parked
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Theflint1(m): 11:28pm On Jan 20
nurey:

Check your temp guage but I believe 20 to 30mins should do while parked
Okay, thanks. I ran it for like an hour parked and noticed nothing, then took it for a ride and still nothing, was a short ride sha, less than 3km to and fro.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nurey(m): 2:46am On Jan 21
Theflint1:
Okay, thanks. I ran it for like an hour parked and noticed nothing, then took it for a ride and still nothing, was a short ride sha, less than 3km to and fro.

That is not the issue then, you. Need professional assistance

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.