Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:59 PM

Ilhan Omar Breaks Ramadan Fast With Democrats In Congress - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ilhan Omar Breaks Ramadan Fast With Democrats In Congress (392 Views)

Senate Staffer Who Filmed Public Sex In Congress Ousted From Ben Cardin's Office / Trump Backs Plan To Overturn Election Result In Congress / Omar al-Bashir Stoned, Transported Like Cow To Prison (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ilhan Omar Breaks Ramadan Fast With Democrats In Congress by budaatum: 8:17pm On May 22, 2019
The breaking of the fast was the first to be organized by three Muslim members of Congress and be attended by party leadership

The congressional Iftar marked a rare opportunity for the handful of Muslim members in Congress to open up about their faith and break fast in the holy month of Ramadan with their colleagues on Capitol Hill at a time when they are routinely vilified on the right.

Since their arrival to the nation’s capital in January, Omar and Tlaib have been the subject of intense attacks from Donald Trump and Republicans over their criticism of US policy toward Israel.

“It doesn’t matter what you do or what you say – if you’re a Muslim, it’s going to get exaggerated,” Carson told the crowd.

The crowd assembled at the Iftar comprised Muslim congressional staffers, government officials and other community members. Speakers included the House majority leader, Steny Hoyer, Senate minority whip, Dick Durbin, and representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the progressive star and close friend of Omar’s and Tlaib’s.

Ilhan Omar breaks Ramadan fast with Democrats in historic first for Congress
Re: Ilhan Omar Breaks Ramadan Fast With Democrats In Congress by Shelumiel: 8:21pm On May 22, 2019
América is confused. ..walahi
Re: Ilhan Omar Breaks Ramadan Fast With Democrats In Congress by aleeyus(m): 8:38pm On May 22, 2019
Shelumiel:
América is confused. ..walahi
you are not even ashamed of your self!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ilhan Omar Breaks Ramadan Fast With Democrats In Congress by Shelumiel: 9:06pm On May 22, 2019
aleeyus:

you are not even ashamed of your self!
Why should I be ? After all, I am not brainwashed like you
Re: Ilhan Omar Breaks Ramadan Fast With Democrats In Congress by budaatum: 2:15am On May 23, 2019
"I don't like that man. I must get to know him better".
Abraham Lincoln

"Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves" .
Abraham Lincoln,

1 Like

Re: Ilhan Omar Breaks Ramadan Fast With Democrats In Congress by budaatum: 2:16am On May 23, 2019
Shelumiel:
Why should I be ? After all, I am not brainwashed like you
I don't think you are brainwashed. If your brain were washed it would be clean.
Re: Ilhan Omar Breaks Ramadan Fast With Democrats In Congress by Temple1288(m): 7:45am On May 23, 2019
The terrorist from Somalia.

1 Like

Re: Ilhan Omar Breaks Ramadan Fast With Democrats In Congress by jaxxy(m): 7:54am On May 24, 2019
If U do not stand for something you will fall for anything. However I don’t support hate.
Re: Ilhan Omar Breaks Ramadan Fast With Democrats In Congress by budaatum: 3:39pm On May 24, 2019
jaxxy:
If U do not stand for something you will fall for anything. However I don’t support hate.
Interesting that you realise "stand" can be "hate". "Stand for something", is what boko haram would claim they are doing. We could claim the " stand too firm". Thankfully, America doesn't stand so firm. If it did it would likely be the "Land of the Free Brave White Christians"!

(1) (Reply)

Samori Toure's Mandinka Resistance Against The French / Iran Threatens To Wipe Out Israel In 30 Minutes / Did South Africa Really Dismantle Her Nuclear Warheads?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.