Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,882 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. (7446 Views)

Custom Duty For Lexus RX 350 / Power Steering Rack For Toyota Camry 2.4 / Do I Need To Pay Custom Duty If I Buy Innoson Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by PuZZyNegro: 4:59am On May 27, 2019
kingbusy:
thanks, i quit.

Truth hurts...

Getting your money back is impossible. This one you are mourning over 95k, how do you intend to maintain the car?

1 Like

Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by kingbusy: 6:57am On May 27, 2019
PuZZyNegro:

Truth hurts...

Getting your money back is impossible. This one you are mourning over 95k, how do you intend to maintain the car?
I actually worked for the money have you fogotten ?
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by PuZZyNegro: 12:25pm On May 27, 2019
kingbusy:
I actually worked for the money have you fogotten ?

You did. But trust me, that money is as good as gone.
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 02, 2019
How far OP? You see am collect from him? You’ve gotten another vehicle?
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by erico2k2(m): 2:53pm On Jun 03, 2019
kingbusy:
i got the vehicle 1.3M
Now that's a waste 1.3 m, you just risked ur money, there is no way you can legitimately get your car into Nigeria. Land border was closed ages ago, therefore, any car crossing into Nigeria via land is illegal.NO need paying the duty, you might as well smuggle it down straight up, any money you pay in the name of duty is void
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by kingbusy: 7:47pm On Jun 29, 2019
erico2k2:

Now that's a waste 1.3 m, you just risked ur money, there is no way you can legitimately get your car into Nigeria. Land border was closed ages ago, therefore, any car crossing into Nigeria via land is illegal.NO need paying the duty, you might as well smuggle it down straight up, any money you pay in the name of duty is void
The vehicle is now in Nigeria.
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by erico2k2(m): 8:02pm On Jun 29, 2019
kingbusy:
I never said you can't get it into Nigeria, the thing is you will always be at risk with customs. As proper checks, if carried out would lay ur ur shyte bare!
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by Samad805(m): 8:28pm On Jun 29, 2019
kingbusy:

confirm d duty of the car sir before embarking on any trip outside lagos
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by 2eggs1goal: 8:50pm On Jun 29, 2019
kingbusy:
When u get customs paper, let us know
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by PuZZyNegro: 12:27pm On Jun 30, 2019
kingbusy:

600k will get you a genuine custom papers as though the car was imported from United States.

I have been there and out. You've got no worries
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by erico2k2(m): 12:11am On Jul 01, 2019
PuZZyNegro:

600k will get you a genuine custom papers as though the car was imported from United States.

How can you use Genuine and a car crossed form Benin republic in one sentence? not knowing what is involved is a case of being naive, knowing what is involved and still going ahead to buy from contonou even though the price difference in not that much I cal that stupidity!

3 Likes

Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by Nobody: 2:31am On Jul 01, 2019
kingbusy:
Honestly i am ashamed of what happened to me now. Had it been my wife did not know about this i would have suffered the pain with no one even knowing anything and back off. Presently i am devastated with her looks and its not as if she gave me any kobo for the purchase and yet if it were to be a successful transaction we will be using the said motor together. It is a pity i dont have any sibling or friend that can help me in situations like this. Too Lonely.

Apart from a few disgruntled nicompoops, this is actually a great place to learn life lessons. Try to research and post questions in the future.

1 Like

Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by Nobody: 2:35am On Jul 01, 2019
adehab:
Anything Car from year 2000- 2006 and the mileage is below 200k then the history need to be checked very well..

Most of the dealers are not sincere.. Let everybody read more on Mileage or Odo meter law in either USA or Canada then you will understand better..

Take your decision once and get moving.. It ia better to loose 95k than loose 1.3m

Think twice

N:B
I have a toks 2004 Toyota Matrix at #1.4m..

“Tampering with or knowingly misrepresenting an odometer mileage reading is also illegal under federal law, which classifies the crime as a felony, and carries penalties of up to three years in prison and/or a $10,000 fine per violation.
consumer.georgia.gov › odometer-f...
Odometer Fraud and Odometer Tampering information for Georgia ...”
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by diportivo: 7:22am On Jul 02, 2019
PuZZyNegro:

wow

total package

03 Camry shocked

1 Like

Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by PuZZyNegro: 12:55pm On Jul 02, 2019
diportivo:

wow

total package

03 Camry shocked

Truth is, buying those types of cars at Cotonou is far more expensive.

I ended up spending over 2.5 million for a 2006 corolla.

Not worth it at all
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by PuZZyNegro: 1:02pm On Jul 02, 2019
erico2k2:

How can you use Genuine and a car crossed form Benin republic in one sentence? not knowing what is involved is a case of being naive, knowing what is involved and still going ahead to buy from contonou even though the price difference in not that much I cal that stupidity!

After buying my car at Cotonou, I cannot but agree that importing directly from US is a better option as that's the only way to get a clean title brand or a car that the mileage has not been tampered with outside buying from Cotonou.

But the issue of legality is out of it. Even your politicians who made the law imports from Cotonou.
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by seanfer(m): 4:02pm On Jul 02, 2019
PuZZyNegro:

After buying my car at Cotonou, I cannot but agree that importing directly from US is a better option as that's the only way to get a clean title brand or a car that the mileage has not been tampered with outside buying from Cotonou.

But the issue of legality is out of it. Even your politicians who made the law imports from Cotonou.

I'm glad you later realized that buying from USA is better than Cotono.... Hope you're enjoying your ride and no customs disturbing you
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by PuZZyNegro: 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2019
seanfer:

I'm glad you later realized that buying from USA is better than Cotono.... Hope you're enjoying your ride and no customs disturbing you

I have genuine custom papers now bro. It only made the ride more expensive than normal.

I'm enjoying it. Thank you
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by erico2k2(m): 6:40pm On Jul 02, 2019
PuZZyNegro:

Yes you are right, but you know these customs once they see an avenue they will milk it for sure. Sad part is, after adding up all the monies, the Cotonou buying is not all that cheaper
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by erico2k2(m): 6:42pm On Jul 02, 2019
PuZZyNegro:

Truth is, buying those types of cars at Cotonou is far more expensive.

I ended up spending over 2.5 million for a 2006 corolla.

Not worth it at all
This was what I have been trying to tell people, the so-called dealers won't tell the prospective buyer these part, once money changes hand the hidden charges appears!
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by kingbusy: 10:19pm On Jul 12, 2019
PuZZyNegro:

Truth hurts...

car successfully delivered. Thanks all.
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by kingbusy: 10:20pm On Jul 12, 2019
[quote author=PuZZyNegro post=78762032]

You did. But trust me, that money is as good as gone. [/quoThe car is successfully delivered.
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by kingbusy: 10:22pm On Jul 12, 2019
2eggs1goal:

When u get customs paper, let us know

Ive gotten the custom papers pls.
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by kingbusy: 10:26pm On Jul 12, 2019
antagonist:

you want to jump from pot into fire right?

car is successfully delivered.
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by temitope81(m): 1:49am On Jul 13, 2019
hw much will custom duty for camry tiny light 1999 go for pls
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by chukel(m): 11:52am On Jul 14, 2019
[quote author=Samad805 post=78728480][/quote]if this car is accident free and costs 1.4m, please drop the VIN
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by Samad805(m): 11:57am On Jul 14, 2019
chukel:
if this car is accident free and costs 1.4m, please drop the VIN

The Car has been sold by the importer since sir
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by chukel(m): 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2019
Samad805:

The Car has been sold by the importer since sir
ok
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by erico2k2(m): 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2019
kingbusy:

Ive gotten the custom papers pls.
you mean the fake one? check and see what vessel it came on it will state Landed in Lagos however if customs check that ships manifesto with your car VIN it would be missing that's how you get caught, that is if you meet the ones who are ready to work
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by KBARBIE(f): 5:04pm On Jul 14, 2019
I have Toyota Camry '04 , neat and clean .

#1.2m
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by Seyork4real: 6:34pm On Oct 16, 2019
Hello everyone, I need your advice, I see one Toyota Camry 2002, Nigerian used because I don't have much to buy Tokunbo, I need it for Uber and co but the vehicle does not have custom duty, is it true custom does not disturb 2002 vehicles without custom duty papers? Am yet to buy it, I am patiently waiting for your kind response...
Re: Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. by DelTel(m): 6:35am On Oct 17, 2019
Seyork4real:
Hello everyone, I need your advice, I see one Toyota Camry 2002, Nigerian used because I don't have much to buy Tokunbo, I need it for Uber and co but the vehicle does not have custom duty, is it true custom does not disturb 2002 vehicles without custom duty papers? Am yet to buy it, I am patiently waiting for your kind response...

It's actually neither here or there. Some scenarios might warrant customs duty to be requested by any security agency not only the customs.

Meanwhile you can buy so far vehicle is okay and ensure you bargain it down reducing the customs duty to be paid to a reasonable amount i.e if the vehicle is worth, say #800k after inspection, you can offer #600k-#650k as discounted price.

Do not believe their usual story of ''its missing", #50k thereabout will get the vehicle owner another print-out from any customs command.

Peradventure you are accosted by any security agency including customs, they won't treat this vehicle like they will treat a recent vehicle with much value, reason I said you can buy it. #5k - #10k would get you out after some delays.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Update: My Car Involved In An Accident, (Pictures attached) / Advice: Toyota Transmission Fluids (modified) / How To Make Your Car Age Quickly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.