Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Lionel Messi Apologizes For Barcelona’s Defeat To Liverpool (video) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Apologizes For Barcelona’s Defeat To Liverpool (video) (339 Views)

Barcelona Defeat Chelsea 4 - 0 To Win The Women's Champions League / Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup / Chelsea Fan Dies In Ghana After Barcelona Defeat (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Apologizes For Barcelona’s Defeat To Liverpool (video) by Wesporting: 2:32am On May 25, 2019
Lionel Messi has apologized for Barcelona’s defeat to Liverpool and hits out at attitude of Barcelona players after their Champions League exit
Lionel Messi admits he's ‘nonetheless recovering’ from Barcelona’s defeat to Liverpool and insists the blame for the staff’s shock Champions League exit must be on the players as a substitute of head coach Ernesto Valverde. Barca had been shocked at Anfield simply over two weeks in the past as they squandered a 3-Zero lead from their semi-final first leg and had been crushed 4-Zero by Jurgen Klopp’s facet.

"If I am honest with you, I didn’t really see the criticism of the manager. ‘To be honest, I think he has done a very good job. ‘He was not to blame for the elimination against Liverpool. We are the only ones responsible for what happened. ‘We knew that what happened last year couldn’t happen again. It can happen to you once, but not twice in a row. It is not acceptable what happened. He will be partly to blame, but we are more so.
‘I have not reviewed the game, but from what I remember, it was very similar to the Roma game, they quickly scored a goal, we lowered our heads thinking that it could happen again. ‘Although we reacted well, because the first half was not bad at all, in the second half we did not compete, there was only one team on the pitch, that was the biggest mistake, that we did not compete, we let ourselves down. ‘What we cannot forgive is that we did not compete at Anfield. They passed us up. The disappointment was very big. We must apologise for not competing to be in the final. ‘I am not thinking about the Golden Boot. I am still recovering from what happened in Liverpool and I do not think about personal trophies, I just want to finish the year with another title [the Copa del Rey]."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU0UJswt1E8

More via https://mandynews.com/lionel-messi-apologised-for-barcelonas-defeat-to-liverpool/

(1) (Reply)

What Jonathan Did To Me After Advising Him Not To Contest Election – Senator Wab / Why Am I Feeling Like This?' Dazed And Bloodied Anthony Joshua's Worrying Words / Liverpool Legend Fears Mane And Salah Cannot Resist Move To Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.