Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 (20785 Views)

Bolu Akin-Olugbade's Rolls Royce Used For Decoration At His Service Of Songs / Akin Alabi Calls Out Jumia For Listing His Book For Sale Without His Approval / Akin Alabi: My Mum's Driver Thought I Was A Yahoo Boy - Nairabet CEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 3:07pm On May 25, 2019
Super1759:
He is right. Very correct.. Even those planning to open business center or cyber cafe..... OK OK. Safe journey
Fixed! Business centre is still booming.

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 25, 2019
sowilli:
I disagree. It can be Niche. Many rich elites still order print magazine
How many of them? 1%
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by simple250: 3:21pm On May 25, 2019
franciskaine:
aside calender, d rest on ur list still sells. Wristwatch will live forever. Its an article of ostentation and will continue to trive. Just buy wat ur pocket can afford. How can you walk on a street without a wristwatch?

I have been walking for 3yrs without wristwatch and people still ask me " bros abeg wating be your time" . grin

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 25, 2019
simple250:

I have been walking for 3yrs without wristwatch and people still ask me " bros abeg wating be your time" . grin
lol
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by Mishhcre(m): 3:22pm On May 25, 2019
The internet was a revolution. And still is.
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by blackslayer: 3:36pm On May 25, 2019
That's a no brainer! He just stated the obvious....If you are in America, let me give you a good business idea to go into if you are 40 years and below. Go into farming....it will be an open playing field in a couple of years when the baby boomers generation go into retirement Apparently there will be a huge void left because generation z or x or whatever and the millennials are not interested in large scale mechanized farming...if you are about the money and willing to put in the work, this is one area to consider...even if it's a side hustle!!!!
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by madgoat(m): 3:40pm On May 25, 2019
Super1759:
He is right. Very correct.. Even those planning to open business center or cyber cafe..... OK OK. Safe journey
Business centres and cyber cafes are still relevant
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by eyinjuege: 3:41pm On May 25, 2019
delectablegyal:
hmmmmm. taking shots at dele momodu or what? what should they now start?

Dele Momodu has made his millions/billions from print magazines. There's little left to be made there. He's been there, done that and the advice is for upcoming ones and not established ones like Dele. He was wise during his time to take advantage of the opportunity then. That era is gone now though.. Either way, Dele hasn't lost anything.
The man is right. Digital is the future

2 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by driand(m): 4:18pm On May 25, 2019
franciskaine:
aside calender, d rest on ur list still sells. Wristwatch will live forever. Its an article of ostentation and will continue to trive. Just buy wat ur pocket can afford. How can you walk on a street without a wristwatch?
yeah, wristwatch is now strictly fashion... I can't do without mine even in the house...

When was the last time you unconsciously checked time on your wristwatch?
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by driand(m): 4:19pm On May 25, 2019
ObaIgwe1:

Remove wristwatch and add digital camera
on point, one bottle of gold Berge for you there...
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by Samabu07(m): 4:25pm On May 25, 2019
delectablegyal:
hmmmmm. taking shots at dele momodu or what? what should they now start?

Dele Momodu should have moved to the Digital if he wants to stay relevant.
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by Beedude(m): 4:28pm On May 25, 2019
driand:
Wise man, but he failed to tell you guys what knocked it into coma, but I'd tell you

SMART PHONES

smartphone kill a good number of things we grew up to know...

Calendar
Calculator
[/b]Wristwatch [b]
Box radios
Organizer
Alarm clock
Newspapers
Torchlight
Psp

DVD is in comatose state now, can you imagine that the entire seasons and episodes of GOT, I didn't watch a single minute on my wall TV, right now nobody really gives a flying fvck whether the battery of the wall clock in the sitting room is dead or living... grin

Smartphones even tried to contest with Lappy but dem no born am well, at least not yet...

Smartphones is the future, soon if you can't advertise goods and services digitally then forget it, u nor go sell..
U have good points but wrist watches still stand out. Companies like Bvlgari, Armani, Rolex, Swatch, Hublot are still raking billions yearly. Smartphones will never replace wristwatches cos they are like jewelries and assesories. Most people dont even use it cos of the time it shows but just to look classic
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 25, 2019
driand:
yeah, wristwatch is now strictly fashion... I can't do without mine even in the house...

When was the last time you unconsciously checked time on your wristwatch?
I do always. But more on fone cos my wrist is analog without minutes and seconds icon, thus a bit technical to decipher.
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by driand(m): 5:21pm On May 25, 2019
Beedude:

U have good points but wrist watches still stand out. Companies like Bvlgari, Armani, Rolex, Swatch, Hublot are still raking billions yearly. Smartphones will never replace wristwatches cos they are like jewelries and assesories. Most people dont even use it cos of the time it shows but just to look classic
you have a good point as well, meet me this evening if you do care for a chilled bottle of gold Berge
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by golddeejay(m): 5:21pm On May 25, 2019
One thing I like about this dude is his street smartness.

Even all the newspaper have news websites which they update hourly. Newspapers are for yesterday news, I haven't touch one for close to 10 years. Apart from grandpas, I wonder who still read magazine and newspaper.
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by Beedude(m): 5:22pm On May 25, 2019
driand:
you have a good point as well, meet me this evening if you do care for a chilled bottle of gold Berge
where u dey?
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by tpraiz(m): 5:24pm On May 25, 2019
[quote author=Super1759 post=78706380]He is right. Very correct.. Even those planning to open business center or cyber cafe..... OK OK. Safe journey[/quote

Printing business centers for student's project?? Please how is that going extinct...clarify me
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by golddeejay(m): 5:27pm On May 25, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:

Fixed! Business centre is still booming.

This is Nigeria...there are still Nigerians who can't use computer well. But the location needs to be low class-high population area to enjoy some patronages or better still university environments. I don't think you can use booming for business centers again.
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by golddeejay(m): 5:41pm On May 25, 2019
simple250:

People still ask that question? Then stranger go just meet you for road dey ask you time.
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by Kunlexity(m): 5:50pm On May 25, 2019
The business is truly going to extinction. In actual fact, most of these news paper are now luring people to subscribe to their e-paper version daily, weekly or monthly.
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by SmartyPants(m): 5:53pm On May 25, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

But people who wear wristwatches still check their time on phone

The more reason you should understand that watches are here to stay, because like i said, a watch is much more than just a means of telling time, it is an important element of style.
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by driand(m): 5:59pm On May 25, 2019
Beedude:
where u dey?
Akure, probably far from you.... undecided
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:03pm On May 25, 2019
golddeejay:

This is Nigeria...there are still Nigerians who can't use computer well. But the location needs to be low class-high population area to enjoy some patronages or better still university environments. I don't think you can use booming for business centers again.
Yes, I can use "booming" , because we have many low-class area in Nigeria, even those that have computers still go out to print documents and don't forget we have many Universities where this business sells.
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by partnerbizz4: 6:03pm On May 25, 2019
grandstar:
The internet has changed lots of things

An Estate agent who also doubles as a printer said business in the printing industry is experiencing a lull due to the internet.

As an agent, I don't have any printed letterheaded paper. The previous one I had, I scanned it and I placed it in Microsoft world. I simply use it to type letters , attached my saved signature, then convert the letter from word to PDF and it's over. Virtually all letters are sent electronically.

How do you attach the signature?
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by Ovasize(m): 6:07pm On May 25, 2019
Why do I feel this message is for Dele grin
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by grandstar(m): 6:11pm On May 25, 2019
partnerbizz4:

How do you attach the signature?

First sign on a blank white sheet of paper.

Then scan it and have the just signature cut out.

Store the signature somewhere.perhaps in the email address you normally use.i stored mine in a word document and saved it in my main email address with a special name. I used a special name in the event my email is hacked.

Whenever you need to sign, simply go to where you stored it, copy it and paste it on your letter. That's all.

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by partnerbizz4: 6:20pm On May 25, 2019
grandstar:

First sign on a blank white sheet of paper.

Then scan it and have the just signature cut out.

Store the signature somewhere.perhaps in the email address you normally use.i stored mine in a word document and saved it in my main email address with a special name. I used a special name in the event my email is hacked.

Whenever you need to sign, simply go to where you stored it, copy it and paste it on your letter. That's all.

ok tnx
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by sowilli: 6:26pm On May 25, 2019
walexy100:

How many of them? 1%
1% can be sufficient for you business. It’s about understanding your Niche. You don’t have to service the populace.
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by trevorhorace(m): 6:28pm On May 25, 2019
Smile4daddy:
Akin Alabi should prepare #480,000 he will use to pay me after next week Wednesday night.

My running ticket only remain Chelsea Vs Arsenal

Waiting for Chelsea to beat Arsenal 4:2 correct scores.

Just so you know,, I tear tickets for a living.
Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by trevorhorace(m): 6:39pm On May 25, 2019
driand:
Wise man, but he failed to tell you guys what knocked it into coma, but I'd tell you

SMART PHONES

smartphone kill a good number of things we grew up to know...

Calendar
Calculator
Wristwatch
Box radios
Organizer
Alarm clock
Newspapers
Torchlight
Psp

DVD is in comatose state now, can you imagine that the entire seasons and episodes of GOT, I didn't watch a single minute on my wall TV, right now nobody really gives a flying fvck whether the battery of the wall clock in the sitting room is dead or living... grin

Smartphones even tried to contest with Lappy but dem no born am well, at least not yet...

Smartphones is the future, soon if you can't advertise goods and services digitally then forget it, u nor go sell..

Please edit and remove wristwatch. Wristwatch has become a fashion masterpiece and a must accessory for most people. Many even rock watches with a dead battery. Functionality wise I can agree. Nevertheless, it has come to stay. Besides watches are also rapidly evolving.
Like smart watch and spy watch.

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by Gerrard59(m): 6:47pm On May 25, 2019
sammirano:
Nigerians are eccentric, the new york times today still stands firm, phone booth stills works perfectly in the US. But Nigerians will drop one thing for the other, we don't know how to manage growth and sustainability.

Well, if you had dug deeper into the stats, you will discover that she gains more from digital readers than print. Ditto with The Economist, Financial Times, Nikkei Asian Review etc. Digital subscriptions earnings have outpaced print. Even the NYT stopped offering her 10 free monthly reads and now opts for a subscription before reading an article. Something the WSJ and Washington Post did aeons ago.

Akin Alabi is right.

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 by Beedude(m): 7:06pm On May 25, 2019
driand:
Akure, probably far from you.... undecided
Akure na my enjoyment center around 2013 during nysc. Bolinton hotel alagbaka was the point for fish and beer. Now in Lag. Enjoy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far / What Is Required To Open A Pharmacy Store In Nigeria / Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.