Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,523 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month (22761 Views)

Olu Okeowo's Property Demolished By Lagos Government (Pics, Video) / House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government / Caramelo Strip Club Is Being Demolished By FCTA After Arrest Of Strippers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month by gistfever: 12:24pm On May 25, 2019
@Gistvic.com

Lady cries out after landlady and caretaker rented house to her, only for it to be demolished by government a month after she moved in. Gistvic Reports.

See Her Post:
"I didn't want to come on social media, but the prevailing situation has warrant me to take this step, because I am loosing It I came to Lagos from Benin after schooling 6 years ago to look for job. Getting a job wasn't easy for me. I did so many entrepreneurial jobs to survive till I was able to get a job with a mobile distribution company. My work place is at opebi ikeja, while my residence was at idimu egbeda. So transmuting from idimu to opebi was not really convenient because of traffic Early this yea, i had a bike accident that nearly cost my life. I decided to move closer to my office. I contacted an agent online @jiji who also directed me to another agent, Mr friday Umeh through whom i was able to get one room self contain at opebi. He is also the caretaker of the building. He told me the owner of the bungalow is one Mrs Julie Nkemdirim ORUCHE who is based in USA.
I asked to speak with her he obliged. I also did video calls with her.
I paid the sum of 300 hundred thousand on the 25th of march 2019 to the caretakers GtB account. I also renovated the toilet, kitchen and the room window. I fixed new tiles and repaired the plumbing.
On Friday, 17th of may 2019 my neighbour called me from work that our house is being demolished.
I rushed down and behold, Lagos state demolition task force has already started demolished the building. I rushed in to see if i can be able to pick few things, but the dust was too much for my lungs ...I started choking and unable to breath ran out where I had asthmatic attack.
I became unconscious and was rushed to Lagos state emergency and accident unit, ojota.
As of now, I can't find most of my properties, my valuables especially my credentials.
This building has been marked for demolition for a while but the Landlady and caretaker repainted the building and gave it out for rent to Us.
Both the Landlady and the caretaker have not even bothered to talk to us since this incident.I tried reaching her on whatsapp. She ignored all my messages and calls until yesterday evening, 22nd of May 2019 "

Watch Video Below:

Source: https://www.gistvic.com/2019/05/lady-cries-out-after-landlady-and.html

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month by reccy(m): 12:31pm On May 25, 2019
The landlady should be held responsible for everything and anything you lost there... Sue her and let her pay for the damage.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month by fecta: 6:22pm On May 25, 2019
reccy:
The landlady should be held responsible for everything and anything you lost there... Sue her and let her pay for the damage.

Sue who?.

For 9ja??

Uncle stop watching too much oyinbo films.

The best thing that can happen is for one celebrity to give her money and a new house.

Ps:

Oga which network you DEY use na?

Y u theif my FTC

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month by peteryoung2048d(m): 6:22pm On May 25, 2019
This is really painful.

Me nd landlady go fight grin
Re: Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:22pm On May 25, 2019
He is also the caretaker of the building. He told me the owner of the bungalow is one Mrs Julie Nkemdirim ORUCHE who is based in USA.
I asked to speak with her he obliged. I also did video calls with her.
I paid the sum of 300 hundred thousand on the 25th of march 2019 to the caretakers GtB account. I also renovated the toilet, kitchen and the room window. I fixed new tiles and repaired the plumbing.
On Friday, 17th of may 2019 my neighbour called me from work that our house is being demolished.
The caretaker and landlady should be held responsible for this.
Cos the government cannot wake up in a day to go demolish a whole building without prior notice.
She was scammed big time.
We hope the same government can come to her aid and make sure she gets her hard earned money back.
Nigeria our country.
What a nation!

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month by asdfjklhaha(f): 6:23pm On May 25, 2019
buhari again
Re: Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month by TANTUMERGO007(m): 6:23pm On May 25, 2019
cry
Re: Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month by fwesharumi(m): 6:23pm On May 25, 2019
G
Re: Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month by soberdrunk(m): 6:24pm On May 25, 2019
Kai!!! Wickedness!!! angry
Re: Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month by FhukaFhuka: 6:24pm On May 25, 2019
angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month by fwesharumi(m): 6:25pm On May 25, 2019
Shuu.....she loose monkey loose chain

2 Likes

Re: Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 25, 2019
Sorry, this is naija
Re: Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month by Jaqenhghar: 6:26pm On May 25, 2019
I wonder if there is a way they can notify authorities in the US. If not for anything it will be on record that she is fraudulent... might affect her business over there.... just wondering

14 Likes

Re: Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month by Naijageak(m): 6:27pm On May 25, 2019
Get permanent cure
Re: Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month by Kingluqman(m): 6:27pm On May 25, 2019
If na me, by now na Saponna go dey pursue the landlady come gimme my money.

Which kain level be that na.
Re: Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month by Mpanyi: 6:27pm On May 25, 2019
This country is wicked and frustrating

4 Likes

Re: Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month by Gideonmi(m): 6:27pm On May 25, 2019
Some people are hrtless. Haha, poor lady cry

3 Likes

Re: Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month by SweetCunt97(f): 6:28pm On May 25, 2019
A good Samaritan should reach out to her.

6 Likes

Re: Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month by darocha1: 6:28pm On May 25, 2019
This hurts. Trauma ayeraye

1 Like

Re: Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month by JoanHicks(f): 6:29pm On May 25, 2019
Both of them are hot tempered it ain't gonna work out
Re: Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month by 12345baba(m): 6:31pm On May 25, 2019
Chai
Re: Lady Cries Out After Rented House Gets Demolished By Govt After A Month by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:31pm On May 25, 2019
DP

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. / Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG / Behind the scenes in the building industry (collection of funny site stories)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.