Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,679 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Some Nigerians And Their Mentality,candid Advice Please! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Nigerians And Their Mentality,candid Advice Please! (980 Views)

Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? / **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Nigerians And Their Mentality,candid Advice Please! by JesusloveU: 9:59am On Sep 27, 2010
Why is it that some Nigerians  at home  do not want someone in abroad to come home and set up a business in Naija?they will start telling you that to  do business at home is not easy and abroad is better.I have these my  brothers that i have been helping,though most of them are married , some with children  and businessess. But each time i say i want to come Naija to establish a business they will start to be  afraid.Is it because of what they are gaining from me or what they stand to gain from me that is making them to discourage me from setting up a business in Naija?i have my money and am not asking any of them for help .

All advice and comments are welcome.Thanks my people.
Re: Some Nigerians And Their Mentality,candid Advice Please! by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 27, 2010
My advice? Do what you feel is best. Right now, you're the one letting what your siblings and others in Nigeria think, influence your decisions.

Best of luck.
Re: Some Nigerians And Their Mentality,candid Advice Please! by JesusloveU: 10:55am On Sep 27, 2010
Thanks Siena.House please keep the comments and advice coming.
Re: Some Nigerians And Their Mentality,candid Advice Please! by MissyB3(f): 12:36pm On Sep 27, 2010
I'm with Siena, on this one.
Re: Some Nigerians And Their Mentality,candid Advice Please! by Iranoladun(f): 6:30pm On Sep 27, 2010
Conduct an.independent thorough feasibility study & go ahead with your business jare!
Re: Some Nigerians And Their Mentality,candid Advice Please! by InkedNerd(f): 6:43pm On Sep 27, 2010
Siena's right. A lot of people in Nigeria seem to think that lands abroad is flowing with milk and honey. Little do they know, it all about hard work and determination. You only get the milk and honey when you've worked hard and done what you need to do. Thestories you hear some people tell about living abraod is crazy. I know some people who think that if they come to the US that the goverment will pay for everything for them. Ultimately, the decision to go forward is up to you though.
Re: Some Nigerians And Their Mentality,candid Advice Please! by tpiah: 12:57am On Sep 28, 2010
But each time i say i want to come Naija to establish a business they will start to be afraid.

you dont think they should be afraid?
Re: Some Nigerians And Their Mentality,candid Advice Please! by JesusloveU: 9:17am On Sep 28, 2010
Re: Some Nigerians And Their Mentality,candid Advice Please! by OAM4J: 9:58am On Sep 28, 2010
Depends on the business you are embarking upon. The worries/fear might be out of concerns in case you fail

If you are sure you have done a good feasibility and you are positive about the business, then go ahead,
Re: Some Nigerians And Their Mentality,candid Advice Please! by tpiah: 7:23pm On Sep 28, 2010
JesusloveU:

why do you feel their fears are groundless?
Re: Some Nigerians And Their Mentality,candid Advice Please! by Sissy3(f): 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2010
maybe they are afraid that the 'free money' will stop coming once you come home and it also mean competition business-wise.
Re: Some Nigerians And Their Mentality,candid Advice Please! by JesusloveU: 10:07am On Sep 29, 2010
;d ;d
Re: Some Nigerians And Their Mentality,candid Advice Please! by invisible2(m): 10:58pm On Sep 29, 2010
Since most people that do business in naija dont live well, you people may want you to stay away. Its not good for a family if all siblings live in naija. Some should stay there.
Re: Some Nigerians And Their Mentality,candid Advice Please! by JesusloveU: 5:26am On Sep 30, 2010
;d
Re: Some Nigerians And Their Mentality,candid Advice Please! by damas11111(m): 6:57am On Sep 30, 2010
Poster,

Your siblings have got reasons to be afraid. However, they only need to caution you and support you by way of steps to take in order to achieve your goal.

As you mentioned, it could very likely be that they are more scared of not getting as much from you upon your relocation for your business.

Engage an independent professional to do a feasibility study (ies) on what you want to do, get some of your good friends to assist in some of the logistics your siblings should have done for you, then hit Nigeria when you are ready without informing them.

But make sure your plans are solid and backed up with "plan B" should something go wrong in your "plan A" so that they will not have any cause to say "we told you".

Best of luck.

(1) (Reply)

o / Home Or Abroad: How Can I Help Him? / God bless you

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.