Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,882 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result (71797 Views)

Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time / Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria In 2018 - Jobberman / Sergeant First Class Ifeanyi Rapu Honored In The US After Completing 3-Year Tour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by oshosegun27(m): 10:25pm On May 25, 2019
If the degree doesn't matter, she should employ fellow Third Class graduates like her.

Datazone:
I encourage every student to disregard such posts. Study hard and pass your exams.

2 Likes

Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by Bbbwings: 10:29pm On May 25, 2019
oshosegun27:
If the degree doesn't matter, she should employ fellow Third Class graduates like her.

2 Likes

Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by concho(m): 10:31pm On May 25, 2019
iammo:
shocked

Some people dont just have brain, Imagine her thinking Nigerian Economy cant humble her and her business anytime, This is the typical mindset of most Nigerian Boss, to them all workers are servants that can never earn what they earn in life.

Nigeria needs a New labour Law in which before anyone can hire anybody a two way agreement must be signed and submited to the Local Goverment office of ministry of labour and Salary of all workers must be paid strictly into a designated bank account or through a Pay cheque, The Staff most also be mandated to tag in and tag out.

This simple law would give Workers Diginity, and protection against Boss Intimidation, and it would also bring in more people into the Tax bracket of the Goverment

I understand your frustration sir ......
Her type can start over n over again , it is called creative intelligence .

1 Like

Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by deleo16(m): 10:32pm On May 25, 2019
There is a difference between academics and eductaion ,getting an education is far more important than academics let me go a bit further what is more important is education at basic level such as primary and secondary School which is key and that's is what I expect government at all level should critically look into amen make sure children get the best of at age 4-14 or so University eductaion should be optional and vocational and skilled insitiutions would be easier above anyother but what do we have in Nigeria theories that's don't work this time at the skill needed for jobs of future are not even taught in our University this days so what are saying being an entrepreneur doesn't require academics it requires education which can be learnt away from four wall of school.
"IF U PASS IN SKL PASS IN LIFE ,IF U FAIL IN SKL DON'T FAIL IN LIFE"

Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by concho(m): 10:33pm On May 25, 2019
Datazone:
I encourage every student to disregard such posts. Study hard and pass your exams.
and you will employ us ?
Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by DabuIIIT: 10:34pm On May 25, 2019
Ohraybs:

Truth be told ,don't think u fit get sense again.... Instead of you To be motivated with her achievement.. You are here talking nonsense... Mtcheew

Pele o,garri school

It's too late for U cos it's a lump of clay U got there
Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by concho(m): 10:40pm On May 25, 2019
TAO11:
Is this bragging supposed to be about encouraging young ones to pursue 3rd class, or discouraging them from pursuing 1st class?

As if she started university aiming hard for a 3rd class.

Nonsense and Nnamdi Kanu!
She was saying that where you are does not determine where you will reach

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by highness25(m): 10:44pm On May 25, 2019
OfficialNB:
Newsbroadcastnaija:
A Nigerian Lady has taken to social media to explain how she employs First Class graduates to work for her while she pays them handsomely, stating clearly that she is a Third Class graduate and how her certificate is useless and she doesn't need it and had never used it.
She said, “I graduated with 3rd class. I employ people with 1st class and pay salaries. I earn what people with 1st class can't even imagine earning. I have influence that 1st class people leverage on to help facilitate their wants. I've never used the 3rd class cert for anything above”.
She advices students; “Apparently some people are triggered by this tweet bcs they couldn't comprehend the English. To break it down, your class of degree or certificate doesn't determine your success in life. You can graduate with 1st class and be the most successful person on earth or vice versa.
I used to think 3rd class was the end of the world but look where I'm at in life. My class of degree motivated me to be better. I graduated top of my class in software development and again, the certificate didn't do anything with respect to getting a job”.

See more: http://www.newsbroadcast.com.ng/2019/05/first-class-graduates-work-for-melady.html
But madam, it's also good you employ 3rd class graduates to encourage them. You graduated with 3rd class and keep employing 1st class products leaving your mates unemployed. E no good oh

3 Likes

Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by jackals(f): 10:53pm On May 25, 2019
Should we because of that start striving to have a third class?. I hope you dnt go about preaching this to your children. Such idiotic mediocrity coming from her

3 Likes

Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by iammo(m): 11:00pm On May 25, 2019
concho:

I understand your frustration sir ......
Her type can start over n over again , it is called creative intelligence .

Stupidity is leaving important points about Labour Law, Undiginfying manner of regards of her workers and assuming others are fustrated like you.
Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by winnah(f): 11:05pm On May 25, 2019
matify83:
That is the story of life .

Bill Gates is a Harvard drop-out but employs A-graduates in his firm.

Entrepreneurship pays.

Robert Kiyosaki captured the situation succinctly in the book below.

Robert Kiyosaki philosophy.... Guy u get sense...
Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by TAO11(f): 11:06pm On May 25, 2019
concho:
She was saying that where you are does not determine where you will reach

Okay!

I'm simply saying that she could have been unequivocal so that no one would wonder if she meant this or that.

We can only see words, we often can't see the intentions behind them.
Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by matify83: 11:09pm On May 25, 2019
winnah:

Robert Kiyosaki philosophy.... Guy u get sense...

My brother, I no come to Look Dangote and Co. for this life o!!
Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by deleo16(m): 11:13pm On May 25, 2019
matify83:
That is the story of life .

Bill Gates is a Harvard drop-out but employs A-graduates in his firm.

Entrepreneurship pays.

Robert Kiyosaki captured the situation succinctly in the book below.
READ millionaire fastline by M.J demarco that's one is also an eye opener too this is the EDUCATION I am talking about not la cram la pour academics we have in Nigeria

Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by matify83: 11:20pm On May 25, 2019
deleo16:
READ millionaire fastline by M.J demarco that's one is also an eye opener too this is the EDUCATION I am talking about not la cram la pour academics we have in Nigeria

Thanks for your recommendation.
I'll look for it on Monday.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by ericmor: 12:19am On May 26, 2019
AmNuhRegular:
But why is she now telling us
to motivate those with 3rd class and lesser grade that failing in academics is not the end of the world and it will go a long way by changing the mindset of youth that choose to commit suicide all bcs their grades are low. She most have even save some lives self with her post

1 Like

Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by ericmor: 12:23am On May 26, 2019
highness25:
But madam, it's also good you employ 3rd class graduates to encourage them. You graduated with 3rd class and keep employing 1st class products leaving your mates unemployed. E no good oh
I’ve not read where she said she doesn’t employ 3rd class
Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by Nobody: 3:39am On May 26, 2019
Jarus:
I pity those of you that are not "daughters-in-law" to a governor.

The truth is, if you are from a poor family, decent grade in school remains your best bet to a decent post-school life.

Which means the girl must have been a SERIOUS NFA if she did not even bother to get her dad's intervention in her degree. When I see pics of some of my Pako classmates from uni on our whatsapp group, you will know the benefits of public education. They are doing well and ARE FRESH.
Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by Nobody: 4:00am On May 26, 2019
safarigirl:

I am not admiring her, I don't know how you came to such a conclusion

There are those who are extremely privileged that have done nothing with it, so, her privilege takes nothing away from her story. She isn't the first third class graduate with a success story, is she?

There was still a lesson to take from her story. The fact that this interner space has made it a crime for anyone who isn't a first class or 2:1 graduate to share their success stories, is irksome. Are you invalidating her success because of her privilege? If it was a story of a Third Class graduate that suffered and never got a decent job, a lot of people would be using it to do Life Lesson 101, but she has a success story despite her grade, so, let us slate it and accuse her of teaching the wrong values.

Nobody's story should lose credence simply because their situation was different. She was academically disadvantaged, but still made something of herself. Some people are financially disadvantaged, but still make something of themselves, some are physically disadvantaged, but still make something of themselves. Even the rich have struggles.

There is a lesson for those who wish to take it, but some would rather nitpick her story, than recognise the lesson.

This isn't just her. This is how you all react to anyone whose success isn't aligned to a first class or 2:1 grade. She did not ask anyone to fail, but bear in mind, that the percentage of graduates below the 2:1 grade far outnumber those who meet that spectrum and they don't need the constant beating the top tier like to dole out every chance they get.

Until we know what she is actually doing, she should not be taken seriously. You will always some across people like this in corporate Nigeria, arrogant, talent less dabblers who are related to management and so must be endured.

Femi otedola is a classic example of this. The guy did not finish university, but in objs second term, he got anti competitive concessions that enabled his Zenon diesel direct.after Obj left, yardua canceled all that, and otedola was in the wilderness until yardua kicked the bucket. That was why he was surgically attached to gej for the first two years of gejs term. He was eventually able to leverage on the political patronage, though after all is said and done, he left AP worse than he met it.

Maybe someone has given her contract to supply toilet roll. Before most people run serious businesses, they have gone through some period of apprenticeship where they mastered the business. This one is fresh out of university.

If she actually has full time first class employees in whatever business she is running, they are probably cleaning up if they have no ethical constraints. While madam dabbler is forming exec on social media, they will be double invoicing behind her.

1 Like

Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by Jarus(m): 5:44am On May 26, 2019
Admitwithschola:

Lol, Jarus, what you've said cannot be truer. I tell them, I tell people this same thing. Do not use exceptions as rules. Ceteris paribus, it is easier to make it with decent-to-top grades than with none.

I tell my family members and younger friends, don't come and be a burden to me oo. Do what you do excellently well, and then I will splash resources on you to support you..

Meanwhile, one of your "egg heads" (I forget his name now) was invited all the way from naija to Boston for the HBS African conference this year. I had an interesting conversation with him. Humble guy. He seems to be intersecting technology with asset management in a nice way, said he resigned his oil job. Perhaps another billionaire in the making.

Young people, push and do your best - push more if you are from a background of lack. Eventually, your chances of succeeding will be higher.

Yeah, he is doing well for himself.

A boy from poor background whose ambition while growing up Kano was to become a mechanic!

Now running a startup with billion naira assets

Humbled that he mentioned me in this audio interview as one of the people he met in school that changed his life

https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/6329501/tdest_id/538426

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by Oluseye101: 6:14am On May 26, 2019
I am Akinola....director at AK rainbows designs ... I design matured tye and dye wears... Currently we are in need of wholesalers across different institutions within the country....are you an undergraduate and you want to make additional income to the money you get from home... Imagine you
Make 500 gain on every wear you sell to your friends... Now imagine you selling to the whole institution...... Any interested person can chat us on 08130214301...we will show you some samples and you'll be waoed ..real bussness deal only...thanks ‎
Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by millionboi2: 6:29am On May 26, 2019
AntiWailer:
If you are still in school and can still achieve it please work to get First Class.
acquire a skill

1st class is no more guarantee
Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by franchasng: 6:57am On May 26, 2019
soul95:

please I'm a youth Corper. Studied engineering precisely . I hope you don't mind me asking, what kind of business are you into?
I am not just into trading business, i render service which i won't disclose here, sorry to say that. Are u looking for a place of primary assignment I can only absorb one Corper cos I have other staff, and I have 1 Corper already plus a nephew posted to Lagos will be next if he fails to secure his dream PPA.
Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by dimade1: 7:08am On May 26, 2019
Order for your mosquito killer

Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by Nobody: 7:09am On May 26, 2019
franchasng:
I am not just into trading business, i render service which i won't disclose here, sorry to say that. Are u looking for a place of primary assignment I can only absorb one Corper cos I have other staff, and I have 1 Corper already plus a nephew posted to Lagos will be next if he fails to secure his dream PPA.

No. I'm not looking for a PPA. I'm about to pass out in July. But I'm getting skilled in data science (I have python programming ability) and trying to see its application in engineering (specifically Petroleum Engineering, my course of study) and also maybe finance (my hobbyist course). I hope to turn it into a viable service and maybe build a business around it sometime in the future. But I don't know exactly how to start.
Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by franchasng: 7:23am On May 26, 2019
soul95:

No. I'm not looking for a PPA. I'm about to pass out in July. But I'm getting skilled in data science and trying to see its application in engineering (specifically Petroleum Engineering, my course of study) and also maybe finance (my hobbyist course). I hope to turn it into a viable service and maybe build a business around it sometime in the future. Bot I don't know exactly how to start
Okay, I thought you needed a place for PPA.

Let me give u some clue on how to get started with starting a promising business in our current world of today.

First, you mustn't build a business or something based on the course you studied, don't force it, focus on providing a solution to people. Solution to human needs is the answer to building a business or company of your own.

Breaking into petroleum industry or business won't be easy for u as a young starter with zero capital (I am assuming though) and no family ties in the industry. That industry is like a cult, to break into that sector requires a lot. Have that in mind.

Finance your hobby; this sound cool but in what way do you want to harness it

Do you have computer programming skill and good in some popular programming languages + coding

If you do, then think of financial challenges Nigerians are facing, think how u can apply your computer programming skill to create a technology solution to that financial need.

You can focus on a certain group of Nigerians like; pensioners, corpers, students, secondary school pupils, underpaid graduate employees, artisans, traders/market women, etc when creating your tech solution.

But if you want easy and fast startup, focus on solutions to problems young people in Nigeria face; especially young graduates and students.

Think of a service or a product you can render or sell to them respectively, you can start from your fellow corpers and then think beyond them.

Startup capital will always be your major challenge as a young entrepreneur, you can organize your similar minded friends or corpers and form business partnership with written agreement if u don't have other options to raise startup capital, feel free to ask me any question
Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by lastmessenger: 7:37am On May 26, 2019
And she didn't care to tell us what she does for a living.
Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by SachaBastien(m): 8:09am On May 26, 2019
Glorification of dumbness. Good grades matter whether you would work with your certificate or do business. Get those fuckinng good grades.
Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by bluefilm: 9:20am On May 26, 2019
Madam your own case is even minor.

Look at Seun of nairaland.

He didn't even graduate talkless of having a certificate.

But yet he employs all nairalanders to work for him.

And apart from maybe lalasticlala and a few other mods, this guy Seun pays the rest of nairanders absolutely nothing for working for him.

This is what we entrepreneurs call working smart
Re: First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result by smeag0l(m): 9:20am On May 26, 2019
Exactly. Because with all her empty boasts, she never mentioned what she does, how she got the money to start nor how she got to where she is now. Is a pity that people come up with a lot of nonsense success stories on social media just to lead young people astray. Yesterday, I was reading of a blogger who mentioned how she built her own house only for the real owner of the house to debunk her claims. I help reiterate this advice of your: STUDENTS PLEASE STUDY HARD, PASS YOUR EXAMS AND YOU'LL GET A GOOD JOB AND EVEN IF YOU DON'T YOU CAN STILL BECOME AN ENTREPRENEUR WITH GOOD GRADES AS THIS IS STILL AN ADVANTAGE WHEN SEEKING AN MBA ADMISSION.
Datazone:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Are The Highest Paying Parastatals And Companies In Nigeria? / Inappropriately Dressed SARS Officer Facing Disciplinary Action - NPF Reveals / Salary Structures For Schools Around Badore,ajah And Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.